Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6267
Just deal with it. Only scubs use it same with the P90, they don't feel like getting better so they use scrub perks and guns plain and simple.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6159|what

Martydom only pisses me off when I've just knifed the sorry sob. It always means that your now as close as possible to the nade thats just been dropped.

The perk that is this worst to go up against imo though is Juggernaught. Especially if you know the amount of ammo it takes to unload into someone for a kill and then you stop clicking.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5992|Aus, Qld

usmarine2005 wrote:

Haha!!!  I love it and will never stop using it.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
bennisboy
+829|6652|Poundland
wow davi, you seem to hate everything in the game, why play it?
rdx-fx
+955|6597
G3 + Grenade Launcher + Martyrdom = my Asshole build.

It's like free kills.
People get so red in the face that they forget how to play properly.
It's like their heads explode on their own, and I get credit for the kills.

Personally, I think the people that complain about the n00btube, 'nade spammers, and machine gun whores are really just saying "That's so unfair.  You're supposed to just run around and be a target for my shiny golden Barrett.  You're not supposed to be able to kill me!!  Mommy says I'm superspecial!!"

If those same people think that grenade launchers and martyrdom are unfair.. then, by that same reasoning, anyone not using a semi-auto weapon (pistols, G3, M14, or sniper rifle) is being a n00b, IMHO
Damn spray and pray n00blets!  get some balls and learn to aim!!

Last edited by rdx-fx (2007-12-21 19:58:39)

BRiiNDED
+137|6130
dont really like it but deal with it
rdx-fx
+955|6597

Sgt.Davi wrote:

I was going on a killstreak of 25, then as I shotgun some nub in the face, i hear the telltale ping of a dropped nade and I hide behind a low wall. NOT GOOD ENOUGH DAVI, YOURE HELMET IS SLIGHTLY EXPOSED, ENJOY HELL YOU FUCKTARD!!!!
Wait.. WHAT?!   25:1 kill ratio and you're bitching?!?!

LMAO

let me see if I can translate into your language...

"Roffle..QQ..kaithxbai"
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6791|Perth, Western Australia
You'd have to be a moron not to avoid the nade of someone you just killed in most cases.

Whats infinitely more infuriating is stumbling round a corner and exploding from someones nade who youve never even met/shot before.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6649|England
It would seem that way but as I pointed out taking cover is just not good enough.

As for your second point, shark, definatly.

I'm currently really fucked off with CoD4 because I can't unlock weapon attatchemnts due to some glitch and as a result it seems I'm more easily annoyed by the little things.

Plus I get in close with the shotgun which pretty much guarantees that I'll be right in the grenade kill zone 70% of the time.

As for complaining about being on a 25 kill streak guy, I'm complaining because it ended in the most annoying way imaginable. Especially after I fucking headshotted the guy. Last time I check a shotgun shell in the head kill pretty much instantly, and doesnt give enough time to prime a grenade and then drop it....
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6506|so randum

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

Just deal with it. Only scubs use it same with the P90, they don't feel like getting better so they use scrub perks and guns plain and simple.
Yes o God.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
Only fags get killed by martyrdom. You have a fucking "grenade indicator" use it.
srog72
+12|6762|Michigan
Its ok to me. I just don't get why you get it so early.  ALL BRAIN DEAD PEOPLE, IF FRIENDLY FIRE IS ON DON'T USE MARTYRDOM YOU WILL TEAM KILL!!

I am at LVL 55 and all I have to look forward too is blue camouflage (which is stupid).
Any how I see guys are going to continue to complain about what weapons a person chooses, which is a waste of time.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6649|England
Hmm, grenade indicator, thats gonna come in a whole lot of fucking use in a narrow alley, or when you round a corner with half the fuse gone.

I'm angry again, I got off a server where nearly everytime I died was my martyr nades, or people with martyrdom as perk 3. And I died lie 15 times in that round.....

Still 30 kills = no biggie.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6745
I agree 100% with you, but you wont get sympathy here, the majority of people here like to look like a no talent noob and kill their nearby teammates.

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Only fags get killed by martyrdom. You have a fucking "grenade indicator" use it.
You only have one of those if you are a fag who doesnt play hardcore.

Last edited by Sigarms357 (2007-12-23 06:46:00)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6636|Washington, DC

I agree with RDX-FX man, I'd be grateful to get a 7 kill streak D:

I hate martyrdom, but I don't think people who use it are noobs. I hate it because it always kills me, yet when I use it it never kills anyone.

You know what also burns my balls? I can survive a friendly CLUSTER BOMB strike just fine... so why the fuck on an FF OFF server do I see warnings for friendly grenades?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6525|Adelaide, South Australia

Hurricane wrote:

I agree with RDX-FX man, I'd be grateful to get a 7 kill streak D:

I hate martyrdom, but I don't think people who use it are noobs. I hate it because it always kills me, yet when I use it it never kills anyone.

You know what also burns my balls? I can survive a friendly CLUSTER BOMB strike just fine... so why the fuck on an FF OFF server do I see warnings for friendly grenades?
Because you can still do the grenade throw-back with them.

I think.
cospengle
+140|6493|Armidale, NSW, Australia

srog72 wrote:

ALL BRAIN DEAD PEOPLE, IF FRIENDLY FIRE IS ON DON'T USE MARTYRDOM YOU WILL TEAM KILL!!
QFE.

And yes you can throw the nade back, so it's a good thing - free nades with every kill
1sfg-ronln
+25|6799
Sorry but i gotta say...  i run the golden AK, nub tub, sonic boom, matyrdome, stun..  _win_....  all while sippin a lil private stock...  makes for a good easy night...

When i want to actually play the game,  gold AK silenced ( cause its pretty), 3 frags, UAV jam, dead silence, flash.. _skillfull win_
Marinejuana
local
+415|6591|Seattle

Sgt.Davi wrote:

This perk fucking bites arse. It would be fine if it were a normal grenade but no, Martydom drops a special grenade that can kill you if you expose as much as a square inch of skin to its stupid blast area.

I was going on a killstreak of 25, then as I shotgun some nub in the face, i hear the telltale ping of a dropped nade and I hide behind a low wall. NOT GOOD ENOUGH DAVI, YOURE HELMET IS SLIGHTLY EXPOSED, ENJOY HELL YOU FUCKTARD!!!!

Not only that but if I was shot from point blank in the back with a shotgun I dont think i would ave time to get out a nade, arm it, drop it then die quietly....

These are my proposed changes:

1: Make it so that if you headshot someone they dont drop a nade. Like Last Stand.

2: Make the dropped nade have a slightly shorter blast area or longer fuse.

Pls, kthnx.
right there with you. its so fucking stupid. i think they were afraid they had made a game that would require skill (oh no! help the 12 year old incompetent, unhappy customers!!!), so they filled it out with air support to mega-reward no skill campers and things like martyrdom, 3x grenades, 3x flashbangs, sonic boom, and last stand to ensure that anybody could have a 1+ KD if they just chose a couple perks. Its kind of pathetic because if everybody in the server chooses to take these gimme kills, then the gunfights are ruined and nobody has much fun (unless they set out to play a game of hide-behind-the-crate-and-throw-set nades-at-people-i-cant-see). if you arent going to learn how to use the guns, just uninstall the game. relying on cheap explosive tactics is never going to make you good, its just going to persistently irritate all the normal people that you encounter in-game. just find something better to do with your time.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2008-01-04 17:47:25)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6330|New Haven, CT
They are giving up a bonus while playing to get this, so you kill them easier/survive longer.

Martyrdom sucks except on Shipment. Last Stand is infinitely more useful on other maps.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-01-04 17:06:42)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6445|Brisbane, Australia

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

I hope you are kidding.

If not, I think you should go and die.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
RECONDO67
+60|6642|miami FL
whats worst than being shot inside a building by the damn chopper and hes not even aiming at you
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6469|meh-land

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

I hope you are kidding.

If not, I think you should go and die.
why would he be kidding?
all the spray weapon are noob weapon, and spray weapons i mean weapons with the gigantic clips and poor accuracy that exist solely so you don't have to aim to get kills, just press the fire button and spin in circles
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6330|New Haven, CT

Lucien wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

right there with you. its so fucking stupid. i think they were afraid they had made a game that would require skill, so they filled it out with air support to mega-reward no skill campers and things like martyrdom, 3x grenades, 3x flashbangs, sonic boom, and last stand to ensure that anybody could have a 1+ KD if they just chose a couple perks. Its kind of pathetic because if everybody in the server chooses to take these gimme kills, then the gunfights are ruined and nobody has much fun (unless they set out to play a game of hide-behind-the-crate-and-throw-set nades-at-people-i-cant-see). if you arent going to learn how to use the guns, just uninstall the game. relying on cheap explosive tactics is never going to make you good, its just going to persistently irritate all the normal people that you encounter in-game. just find something better to do with your time.
you're going to get flamed by the people you just insulted (insulted with the truth, mind you.)

such as nukchebi0. what a fucking idiot. It's a good thing his kind of opinion won't make activision change jack shit about CoD4 otherwise it would be BF2 all over again.
Explain how I am an idiot, and please, learn to control your anger better. Just because someone disagrees with point of view doesn't mean they are a 'fucking idiot.' In fact, calling them one makes you look like one.

It really is pathetic, and just serves to show you can't refute what I said through other means.

I would have expected something better from someone with as much time here and karma as you, but evidentially, I shouldn't. Rather disappointing, actually.

And if you weren't so blinded by your ignorant and pathetic rage, you would notice I wanted nothing changed. The game doesn't really need much more tweaking than it does now.

And don't try and tell me you weren't angry, because you obviously were.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-01-04 18:19:32)

Dragonclaw
+186|6311|Florida

nukchebi0 wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

right there with you. its so fucking stupid. i think they were afraid they had made a game that would require skill, so they filled it out with air support to mega-reward no skill campers and things like martyrdom, 3x grenades, 3x flashbangs, sonic boom, and last stand to ensure that anybody could have a 1+ KD if they just chose a couple perks. Its kind of pathetic because if everybody in the server chooses to take these gimme kills, then the gunfights are ruined and nobody has much fun (unless they set out to play a game of hide-behind-the-crate-and-throw-set nades-at-people-i-cant-see). if you arent going to learn how to use the guns, just uninstall the game. relying on cheap explosive tactics is never going to make you good, its just going to persistently irritate all the normal people that you encounter in-game. just find something better to do with your time.
you're going to get flamed by the people you just insulted (insulted with the truth, mind you.)

such as nukchebi0. what a fucking idiot. It's a good thing his kind of opinion won't make activision change jack shit about CoD4 otherwise it would be BF2 all over again.
Explain how I am an idiot, and please, learn to control your anger better. Just because someone disagrees with point of view doesn't mean they are a 'fucking idiot.' In fact, calling them one makes you look like one.

It really is pathetic, and just serves to show you can't refute what I said through other means.

I would have expected something better from someone with as much time here and karma as you, but evidentially, I shouldn't. Rather disappointing, actually.

And if you weren't so blinded by your ignorant and pathetic rage, you would notice I wanted nothing changed. The game doesn't really need much more tweaking than it does now.

And don't try and tell me you weren't angry, because you obviously were.
Lucien is better than you. Nothing else to say.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard