Ryan
+1,230|6861|Alberta, Canada

Fuzzball_The_Shooter says that you will lose your unlocks if you choose them before the patch comes out. I don't know if this is completely true or not, but I want everyone to know this.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6719
I hope not. Or EA Games is getting a brick through their window.
AR|Headshasta
+1|6777

Skruples wrote:

I hope not. Or EA Games is getting a brick through their window.
lmfao
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6711

ryan_14 wrote:

Fuzzball_The_Shooter says that you will lose your unlocks if you choose them before the patch comes out. I don't know if this is completely true or not, but I want everyone to know this.
can you please elaborate your words, explain exactly what you mean.
Rellim83
+7|6700|PA
Sounds like ur friend is telling stories.....i doubt u will lose unlocks, sounds like a bad rumor
Ryan

Superior Mind wrote:

ryan_14 wrote:

I didnt make it clear enough? oh well, here goes again.

That day when everyone logged on and found a bunch of free unlocks at their disposal, if you unlock them, you wont have them once the patch comes out.

So if you unlock the DAO-12, and download the patch, you wont have it.

supposedly....
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6723|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

if you got 2 free (ones you shouldn't have) unlocks and you have never played sf then you don't get them... supposedly...
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6673|Cambridge, England
do you mean that you will have to choose them again or that these unlocks have in effect been made useless.
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6788|New York
wow, i would LOVE this

i picked the MP7 and the G36E

wish i hadent.. PLEASE BE RIGHT DUDE, or YOU'LL be the one getting a brick put through their window!!!111!11!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6711
ok...well sounds kinda wierd, but could be true. Maybe u will get to re-choose your unlocks after the patch?
Ryan

jimmanycricket wrote:

do you mean that you will have to choose them again or that these unlocks have in effect been made useless.
i dont know if we would get to rechoose them again. maybe its just a trcik that EA played on us....

papasmurf, whats so wrong with the g36e, its my fave besides for the ak's.

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-02-08 16:15:45)

ilyandor
+31|6707|Phoenix, AZ
wouldn't have EA stated that in their brief, umm, brief? you know they said something about the empty unlock window appearing, blah-blah-blah...nothing to worry about, just Punkbuster doing blah-blah-blah...?
i would think if this rumor was true, they'd say that you would lose the unlocks so no point in unlocking them...No?
Jobarra
+0|6699

ryan_14 wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

ryan_14 wrote:

I didnt make it clear enough? oh well, here goes again.

That day when everyone logged on and found a bunch of free unlocks at their disposal, if you unlock them, you wont have them once the patch comes out.

So if you unlock the DAO-12, and download the patch, you wont have it.

supposedly....
Should be simple enough to fix.  "Look, I only have 6 unlocks when I should have 8."
josh's
Banned
+2|6707
thtas messed up i hope u dont lose them i havet taken them but still
Ryan

ilyandor wrote:

wouldn't have EA stated that in their brief, umm, brief? you know they said something about the empty unlock window appearing, blah-blah-blah...nothing to worry about, just Punkbuster doing blah-blah-blah...?
i would think if this rumor was true, they'd say that you would lose the unlocks so no point in unlocking them...No?
there would be a point, you'd get to use them for awhile until the patch came out. then smash your computer in frustration because you lost them....
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6723|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

mr.widdim wrote:

if you got 2 free (ones you shouldn't have) unlocks and you have never played sf then you don't get them... supposedly...
did no one read my post? n00bz...
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6788|New York
ryan, i'm hardly ever a medic... im just getting hours on every kit so i can get my vet badges

as soon as i get my last vet AT badge, im goin back to sniper, spec ops, and assault
Ryan

makes sense papa. lol.
clncmmndr
+5|6793|Laguna Beach, CA
THE DAY THAT THE 1.2 PATCH COMES OUT

"Thank you for calling Electronic Arts Customer Service. For English, press 1. Para espanol, marque numero dos."

"Please state the game you have a problem or question with."

"You said: Battlefield 2. Press 1 if this is correct."

"Ok. Thank you. Please wait while I transfer you to the appropiate help desk."

[hold music]

"Due to recent high call volumes as a result of the 1.2 patch unlock deletion bug, you can only record a message that will be listened to by out Customer Service Representatives. Please do not leave any bomb threats, death threats or any hostile intent toward Electronic Arts or our employees. Thank you. You may begin recording your message after the beep."
Ryan

Priceless!
Krontabb
+0|6682
Don't be retarded. Unlocks are stored on your profile with EA (i.e. if you log in from another computer they are still there...). The patch won't affect unlocks any more than it will your badges/medals/ribbons/points/time.

That being said I wouldnt put it past EA to change/modify unlocks/badge requirements/rank needs etc.

JUST REMEMBER THAT WHAT YOU HAVE EARNED DOES NOT LIVE ON YOUR COMPUTER. YOU CANNOT TOUCH IT. OR ELSE EVERYONE WOULD HAVE the WC ribbon by now.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6759|Vermont
I for one hope that I do lose it.  I wasted one of mine on the G3 before realizing that I should probably save them for the patch.
Torin
+52|6710
What this guy is trying to say, is EA is trying to make it so once the 1.2 patch comes out, any unlocks you chose from those 2 free unlocks a week ago will be removed, and you will be given back those 2 free unlocks. This way, you will have the opportunity to unlock the P90, L96A1 or both if you choose. They are doing this because a lot of people weren't aware they got 2 new unlocks because of the 2 new weapons coming out, and they didn't want them to miss out on the new content if they wanted it.

You will still have 2 more unlocks, you just get to re-choose what they will be once the patch comes out.

Last edited by Torin (2006-02-09 06:02:21)

Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6697|Broadlands, VA
OK - let's pretend that all of this IS true.  WHat will happen to any unlocks awarded **after** that fateful day?
raze
+0|6674|Vienna
I don't give a fuck on this 'til EA says: "LOLZ! U 4ll gonn4 l00z them unlaWkZ! Bi4tches!" ^^

OK. Not really. But EA HAS to say it. If they don't -> why shouldt we loose unlocks? Just for fun?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard