flyinlow
+0|6726

IndianScout wrote:

you people make me wonder if you actually read the whole thing or not...

dont you realise that the ROE is broken into 3 distinct parts??

"Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles."

is optional in clan ranked servers and not set in globally ranked servers..

I suggest you take the time and read it.
Ok.  Really stupid question.  What's the difference between Globally ranked servers and Clan ranked servers?

I don't think clans should be able to "make up" rules that differ from the global rules just because it helps their style of play.    I understand that they may be paying for the server rental, but the rules should be the same on all ranked (tracked) servers.

Let me know if I'm missing something here.

Thanks Indian for your contrabutions.
teh adam
+2|6688
If your against the privately rented ranked server rules then don't play on the privately rented ranked servers.

Last edited by teh adam (2006-02-09 14:52:48)

Slugger(S)
1337 Kn1fe Skills
+0|6726|Alabama

IndianScout wrote:

What makes a clans ranked server be able to "modify" these so called ROE for ranked server, while every other ranked server can't "modify" this ROE. I mean that is just stupid, a public server is the same thing as a clan server because they are BOTH ranked. So what gives a clan server the ability to say "No Spawn Camping" or "No artillering the main base". This game was not mean't to be fair, for crying out loud this is a WAR game, not some little 5 year old's game where you take turns killing each other. This game is about winning and do what it takes to win. What I mean is if you want to go bomb the other teams runway to keep them from taking off, then by all means do it. If EA didn't want people to artillery the opposing teams main base, then they wouldn't of stuck it in the game.

Thats all I have to say for now,

Slugger
teh adam
+2|6688

Slugger(S) wrote:

IndianScout wrote:

What makes a clans ranked server be able to "modify" these so called ROE for ranked server, while every other ranked server can't "modify" this ROE. I mean that is just stupid, a public server is the same thing as a clan server because they are BOTH ranked. So what gives a clan server the ability to say "No Spawn Camping" or "No artillering the main base". This game was not mean't to be fair, for crying out loud this is a WAR game, not some little 5 year old's game where you take turns killing each other. This game is about winning and do what it takes to win. What I mean is if you want to go bomb the other teams runway to keep them from taking off, then by all means do it. If EA didn't want people to artillery the opposing teams main base, then they wouldn't of stuck it in the game.

Slugger
umm... first of all they arn't changing any rules. Just adding their own which is ok to some extent.

They also pay for them... again if you don't like the privately rented ranked server rules then don't join a
privately ranked server.
ronin1942
+-1|6845
first off thank you for the roe it answers a lot.  i would like some clarification on § High Points Servers what exactly does this mean????
Slugger(S)
1337 Kn1fe Skills
+0|6726|Alabama

teh adam wrote:

Slugger(S) wrote:

IndianScout wrote:

Slugger
umm... first of all they arn't changing any rules. Just adding their own which is ok to some extent.

They also pay for them... again if you don't like the privately rented ranked server rules then don't join a
privately ranked server.
What I was saying was why are they able to "add" rules if a public server isn't able to add them? I never said anything about having a problem about joining a clan server. I just have a problem with these rules for these clan servers.
Slugger(S)
1337 Kn1fe Skills
+0|6726|Alabama

ronin1942 wrote:

first off thank you for the roe it answers a lot.  i would like some clarification on § High Points Servers what exactly does this mean????
A high points server is a server where people won't cap flags and stuff and just go around killing each other. Its basically another name for a Knife/Pistol server.
DeZwarteMaan
+10|6675|Texas

Xaat wrote:

Cant switch teams for war college ribbon?

That’s the biggest pile of shit Ive ever heard, how the fuck else are you supposed to get it? Huh? Huh?

And how the hell can you tell if somebody has team-switched for it????

I think it’s a total joke all the people who were reset for doing this before it was even an official rule. What are you supposed to do if you have increased your win/loose ratio like this already? Now you have made this rule I guess you are fucked.

I’m sorry but I think you should reconsider this one, or change the requirements for this award.
I dont know about you.. But I got my War college ribbon by going to a 16 player server and STOMPING the crud out of the New Privates and Lance Corporals that tend to flock these servers.

Switching teams at the last second to gain a cheap Win just to get the war college is a cheap piece of trash, stat padding loser tactic.

Go earn your ribbon with honor and pride. If you are good you can win a 16 player map fairly quick. A lot of those places yell... Extend the game.. we want points!.. I tell them.. EXTREME DOMINATION!!! TOTAL ANNHILIATION!!!! I play to win. I play to kill. I dont play to sit around and get points by letting the last enemy find a flag and take it just to extend the game.

The rule is a good rule. Stat padders who abused the game in the blackhawk capture point days should all be reset if you ask me. You can look at someone's stats on bf2s.com and see those who've padded. those knife-revive padders are the easiest to see. But looking at a person with 550 points on a mashtur city game with 300 hours in a chopper... just the start of a big neon sign yelling PADDER!

You who bark at the swapping teams to get to your War college... I pity your padder existence.

Go Dominate a 16 player server like a real man! Nothing like taking a crack 6 man squad and dominating the USMC on a 16 player Karkand map. Teamspeak helps.
OpsChief
+101|6678|Southern California
Honestly I don't care much for my personal stats, they are a mild amusement after game time. Except the roadkills are really cool.

If stats on any ranked server, clans or barney's playserver, end up in the EA official global system then the ROE should apply to them, period.

The entire point system is a complete embarrasment to EA if they knowingly allow contaminated data into the official system. Don't use the "its just a game defense" please. This is simple ethics 101 stuff.

I play on both clan and EA official servers and I can really tell when some leverage is applied benefitting clan members when they play on their "own turf". Non-standard spawn times and tickets can be exploited to unfair advantage (outside game design). The argument about people going somewhere else if they don't like it doesn't hold for data tracking as it does for kicking and the other admin abuses or clan abuses. Frankly I am amazed to hear EA would allow anyone to tinker with stat files at all.
DeZwarteMaan
+10|6675|Texas

Slugger(S) wrote:

teh adam wrote:

Slugger(S) wrote:

Slugger

privately ranked server.
What I was saying was why are they able to "add" rules if a public server isn't able to add them? I never said anything about having a problem about joining a clan server. I just have a problem with these rules for these clan servers.
Because..... EA owns the Public servers which are run by a group of Admins that dont 'own' the servers. Ergo, EA stated in the ROe that public servers have to follow the ROE's Global rules and Public rules sections yet they cant add their oiwn as per section 3.

The Private servers out their have to follow the Global Rules and the Section 3 which allows them to make their own rules as long as the rules do not hinder or contradict the rules set forth in the 'Global Rules' section.
ronin1942
+-1|6845

Slugger(S) wrote:

ronin1942 wrote:

A high points server is a server where people won't cap flags and stuff and just go around killing each other. Its basically another name for a Knife/Pistol server.
does it include large maps? like 16 man server running 64 size maps??
RogerThast
+0|6795|WA

Kobrakai wrote:

RogerThast wrote:

no c4 on jeeps or other fast moving vehicles doesnt make sense.... if a tank gets taken out by it, its his fault he didnt see it while he was racking up 20 kills in a row, gives him more to worry about so he doesnt just focus on people dodging him bullets and shells

maybe they should make a class exclusively for mec called suicide bomber
C4 was designed to explode when put on the front of a jeep hitting a tank, its a feature of the game, just like the ability to switch teams.
3 LOCAL (PRIVATELY RENTED) RANKED SERVER RULES MODIFICATIONS

These are rules that are not enforced upon in EA’s public ranked servers but may be modified in privately rented ranked servers. These rules are decided by clan administrators for those servers and as long as they do not contradict any global rules enforced by EA are considered valid for those servers.

This would include but not limited to:

* § Artillery fire or bombing runs on main (uncapturable) bases may be prohibited.
    * § Prolonged or sustained attacks on main (uncapturable) bases (i.e. spawncamping).
    * § Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
    * § Impersonating clan members.
   ----> * § USING C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles.
    * § Clans may change or customise rules, provided they don’t violate the above ROE rules.

i was saying are they or are they not going to let you use c4 on jeeps ???and if you cant that would not be good
niomosy
+26|6691

EsP-Grandpa wrote:

IndianScout wrote:

The new ROE is up Authored by EA and US and are official ...

http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/forums/ … .php?t=251

IndianScout
The ROE seem reasonable except:
" Engineers repairing the Blackhawk and giving supplies while C4 Chunking"

Engineers cannot repair the Blackhawk now?  Is this what you really mean?

This rule is so vague as to make it impossible to know what is right and what is wrong.
If I am in a Blackhawk as support, I AUTOMATICALLY resupply whoever needs it.  HOW do I know, let alone control, what others in the Blackhawk do with the ammo I AUTOMATICALLY supply?  Are the others in the Blackhawk C4 Chucking?  Are they throwing Nades?  Are they throwing Nades at legitamate targets?  Are they throwing Mines?  HOW CAN I TELL?
I am a very "Black and White" thinker (something my wife points out all the time).  I need some help here to know how I make sure I follow the ROE.
If I think someone is "C4 Chunking" and I am resupply, do I have to bail out of the Blackhawk?

Help me understand this.
Read it again.  That's not part of the global rules.  It's something that local admins may chose as a valid part of their rules.  The translation?  Just don't play on servers that ban Blackhawk flag capping (I've only ever seen a couple that did).
72Wolf-
+1|6716

IndianScout wrote:

you know personally I dont care if you like the rules or not,  if you cant live by them, go play checkers..

end of story..
The problem here, is that the "rules" are changing electronically, and do not reflect those agreed to at install time.  I purchased a game that was sold for its online play benefits including ranking.  Should the "rules" interfere with the benefits as advertised, this present a bit of a legal problem.

Now, Steve, I've been with you until this post. 
Checkers = Free.
BF2 = $50 usd.

No corporation can say to its customers, "screw you" and get away with it.
Sure, EA has managed to do it this long.  But it WILL catch up with them.

But then, I'm not concerned with your "personal" feelings, but what you state in an "official capacity".
Is your, and I'm paraphrasing your statement above, "screw you" personal or official?

Regarding legal matters, did anyone else have an agreement that listed "bf2rankedservers.com" as the "offically recognized source for agreement changes"?

This is like having the lender call and say "I'm sorry sir, but you are having sex in the laundry room.  While we didnt state in your mortgage paperwork that the laundry room was to be used for laundry only, you might be offending geeks who cant a piece in ANY room of their house, so from now on, you must have sex in the bedroom, and only in the missionary position, because not everyone is as physically fit as you, and it wouldnt be fair".

Might be a bad analogy, but it was fun to come up with.

---------------
To the details:
1.2 Needs to be clarified as commercial solicitation.  I get more server spam from the "trusted partners" then
1.4 This requires specifics.  The specifics settings and or variences for ranked servers needs to laid out here.
1.6 Cant say that in 200+ hours I'v ever seen this.
1.7 How does this apply to the new packs being released this month?  If every ranked server runs EuroForces, then its FORCES all users to upgrade or not be able to play on ranked servers.
1.10 has this been a problem?  If so, you need to vet your admins a little better.
2.1 Um, heads up, its the morality police.  Got to be PC in the chats and in voice!  "Offensive" is such an easily abused criteria.
2.2 Hrm, see notes about 2.1
2.3 To prevent TKing, the engine needs to determine incidental and intentional TKs.  Since that wont be happening, I'd suggest that 1.4 include the requirement that ranked servers NOT have voting turned off.

Regarding the Clan Servers:
1. A Clan server admin should be considered abusive if he Kicks or bans a player for an infringment NOT specified on the login/information/loading screens.  I'm in the game, loading your server.  It is at THIS time I should be notified of additional restrictions on game play.  NOT refered to your clan web server.
2. C4 on Jeeps/vodnicks, tough.  It can be done in game, it occurs in real life, move along, and no reason to stop it.  It only makes armor whores angry.  It is a STRATEGY that is neither a glitch nor a hack.
3. Uncapables: I can't believe, that in a WAR game, this even comes up.

If a clan server is overly restrictive, so be it.  Most of the current ones like this are already sitting empty.  At $100+ a month, they wont be around long to complain about.

Lastly, dont wear your ancestry on your sleeve.  It makes it much too easy for everyone else to generalize us other natives as idiots.  I haven't acheived what I have now by playing the 52 deck race/discrimination/poor me cards.  And I don't want to be wrongly categorized that way either.

Last edited by 72Wolf- (2006-02-09 15:36:37)

uber73
+188|6754|Brisbane
I also paid my money for the game, and im not gonna be dictated to to some fucked up code of fucking nonsense like that..  Ok, most of the rules make sense, ie the ones that say "dont hack or cheat", but COME ON!!

"A OFFICIAL PUBLIC SERVER RULES

These are rules that EA official server administrators enforce to maintain friendly, disciplined servers and are in addition to the global rules defined above.

§2.1 You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language in chat or voice mode."

So, i cant call a dickhead a dickhead?  This game is FULL of people who need a kicking.. if i have to simply roll over and let them act like twats without being able to at least CALL them a twat, ill go mad.

" You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses.

* §Commander flying or in a vehicle instead of commanding "

I play commander a lot. there are times when the team wont use vehicles.  so i do.  i prefer not to, but if the team isnt playing with the tank and no one wants to take commander.... do i get my stats wiped?

"You may not display abusive behaviour towards administrators. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly, you may lodge an appeal on the official forums"

this implies all admin are godly and unchallenge-able... bollox.  only about 50% of the admin i ever meet or speak to, are only HALF intelligent.  most dont respond to SERVERfuls of people asking for TKers/whores to be kicked.. And a good many use their admin priviledges for self gain.. kicking for vehicles etc.

"Server administrators may not use non-standard (custom map packs) maps or modified versions of standard maps."

EA crippling the gamer community. again.  I got into pc gaming because of its breadth of user contribution. Desert Combat would not be permitted under this rule.  And BF2 would not exist if it wasnt for DC.  Fuck u EA.

I didnt enter into a contract of "behaviour" when i bought BF2.  EA cannot start enforcing rules like those after a product is purchased... believe me, i understand contracts of sale.  those rules are, and i use a legal term, a pile of steaming dogshite.  If they wanna start with guff like that, they can refund me for my purchase and il gladly send them back their bf2 disc and the coffee mug coaster/SF disc.

If EA are gonna be anal about some of those rules, well, they can get bent.  I also, am not a cheat, i hate rule benders, i hate hoppers, whoring etc... i like a fair game, but by God, rules like those?
Sheeee-it!
uber73
+188|6754|Brisbane
..... adendum

i fucking now LOATHE the stats aspect of this game..

Its gone FUBAR
Tcx_1
+3|6742|Alberta, Canada
Regardless of where the c4 on jeeps rule is in the RoE, anyone getting banned or their stats wiped for using that tactic is WRONG.
-=|AA|=-Col.Magnum
+0|6789|Rockhampton Qld
man this game is becomming so politically correct its insane.
its a damn game we all payed good money for to have fun, its not real life.
soon you will not be able to kill people because its againt the geneva convention
why the hell play it
jimbo21
+11|6654
who is EA to tell us how we play our game that we all payed money for, on servers that somebody payed money for.
ronin1942
+-1|6845

jimbo21 wrote:

who is EA to tell us how we play our game that we all payed money for, on servers that somebody payed money for.
they own the rights to the game and run the ranking system if you play unranked you can do what ever you want you want your score to count you have to play by the rules.
HerrHav0k
+0|6671
You all need to go outside. Seriously.
IndianScout
+16|6677

[)r@ke wrote:

One more thought, on a slightly different note.

IndianScout, I submit the following to you:

IF the Rules Of Engagement which you have authored on the bf2rankedserverss.com website IS an official statement, sponsored and to be enforced by EA Games, then why is there no support shown (or yet to be found) on the EA Games Battlefield 2 section of their website??

I concur with all those previous posters calling for a more professional writing style, and reference those statements to the fact that IF this ROE were supported, let alone propagated, by EA, then it would take on a form more recognizable (such as a EULA, which we witnessed upon installation of EA's BF2 game).

While I support the notions and wishes held therein by your Rules Of Engagement, I think it would be wise to clarify just how EA is involved and how EA is going to manage to enforce said rules.  More so, if EA has decided as of late that these rules NEED to be implemented into their game, then why aren't they part of the announced and in-test v1.2 patch which EA intends to release to the public in the coming weeks?

To me (and I hope, to many others), these are questions which hold a high importance.  Can you answer these questions for we of the BF2S and Battlefield 2 communities at large?
to answer everyones questions,  if you were on the providers email lists.

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … _072105_02

seen this on EA's site,

as I have stated before were put forth by EA to Enforce the rules for Battlefield 2..

sorry I havent gotten back to everyone,  the wife and i went into the city yesterday (its 100 miles each way) and got caught in a blizzard and had to stay the night...

so if anyone has access to the providers email lists then you will understand..

if not,  I'm sorry..  but the ROE is very much official...

Indian

Last edited by IndianScout (2006-02-10 12:41:47)

Legit_Xero
+0|6689
are you ever going to anwser everyones questions about the high points servers? or just keep ignoring them?
IndianScout
+16|6677
like I stated, I missed alot of questioned cause we got snowed in, 

so if you will please post your questions,  I will be more than happy to answer them...
ronin1942
+-1|6845

ronin1942 wrote:

Slugger(S) wrote:

ronin1942 wrote:

does it include large maps? like 16 man server running 64 size maps??
OK so ill repeat myself.....no offence.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard