1NTIMID8R
+0|6806|Hamilton, OH
How do you get a repair and heal point?  I have played as engineer and medic and have healed and repaired but I never see anything that says I got a point from it.  I repaired about 10 times last night, once I repaired a tank that was almost gone.  I didn't see anything flash on the screen that would tell me I got a repair point.

Am I missing something?
Phat=A$$=
Caution: May Contain Traces of Nut
+1|6806|Southsea, UK
as far as i know (correct me if i'm wrong) you get a point per full repair/heal cycle - it accumulates...so if you heal someone from 50% health and then another person from 50% health you'd get a healing point. same with repairs. The message is in white in the same place 'you killed *******' or 'you got a kill damage assist' etc shows up
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6841|Missoula, MT
Easy way is jump into a vehicle then you auto-heal/repair those around you.  Plus you usually live longer in a vehicle.
Rewler
First Aid!!!
+0|6820
about repairing, there should be some1 of your team in that vehicle. else you get no points.
so try to get that healing batch first
then try that fixing batch

OMG... i dont have them both either.. OMFG ...
fizz85
+1|6789|Voice of reason
All right guys like many of you I have been trying to get the engineer badge forever.... Well like a month I just got this game and never played it before or any BF for that matter so... it took some time to get my things straight.   Like many of you I have gone about it all wrong.

I got my badge in 10 minutes... this took some luck. One SF guy kept blowing up the UAV arty and SAT scan... so I just hung out and repaired them after he blew them. I would kill him and then repeat the steps... I guess he couldn't take the hint that I was sticking around and would repair the stuff.

Now you are saying STFU n00b and tell me. Ok here it is... remap or make your secondary fire button something on the keyboard DO NOT USE THE MOUSE!!!! The mouse is slow and takes about 10 mins to reapair anything. Use the keyboard and in like 1 minute you take a fully destroyed peice of equipment and make it brand new again.

So basically do not use you mouse to click away for like 1hour for one point use the keyboard and you will slap yourself it is so easy to repair anything.

So you are wondering what map... honestly I can't remember the name but it is the one with the huge TV Tower and the cobra chopper on top. Like I said I am a n00b. I just play for fun and the challenge of getting awards etc... I played as US and the rest is explained above. I got 9 repair points on that map in one round.

My tag is
Punisher~6~

Good Luck guys and I hope this helps.
PS
Love the site.
SGTJones97E
+0|6835
im sorry, are you hitting the key repeatedly?  you know you can just hold it in right?
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833

SGTJones97E wrote:

im sorry, are you hitting the key repeatedly?  you know you can just hold it in right?
haha yeah.. I don't see how using a keyboard key could make it faster :-/ You CAN hold the mouse click down. heh.
Raefax2.0
+0|6808

1NTIMID8R wrote:

How do you get a repair and heal point?  I have played as engineer and medic and have healed and repaired but I never see anything that says I got a point from it.  I repaired about 10 times last night, once I repaired a tank that was almost gone.  I didn't see anything flash on the screen that would tell me I got a repair point.

Am I missing something?
The easiest way to get a heal point is drop a heal pack on the ground and if anyone on your team picks it up, thats one free point, so just spam the ground in infantry heavy areas with packs and you're almost guaranteed to rake in the points in the first couple minutes, i got my Valorous Unit Ribbon using this technique along with revive but about 26 of the 55 needed team points were heal and this was on a 32 man server and the round wasnt more than 25 minutes, so if you need heal points, i'm almost certain that is the way to go about it.  (just an opinion.)

as for repair points, the uav/artillery repairs should cover the basic badge no prob, as for getting more points faster, I don't really know any methods for that myself.  (blackhawk + engineer would work it seems, but that is almost certainly frowned upon, unless its me shooting you .)
fizz85
+1|6789|Voice of reason
I just hold it down.... I tried with my mouse I think my mouse repeat is slower than my KB... did not think about speeding it up. But it worked and that is all I cared about.
SGTJones97E
+0|6835
so your fire button is a keyboard button?  nah, dont work for me...
fizz85
+1|6789|Voice of reason
It is my mouse and keyboard... remember you can set up  a secondary key in option and they both will work. I say fire but really the action or execute key. When you have  a gun it fires and when you have a wrench it is just like a 63B it will repair... although not as slow as a real 63B
SGTJones97E
+0|6835
<----- 97e2pf
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6843|Bryan/College Station, TX

SGTJones97E wrote:

<----- 97e2pf
OK now I'm lost. "63b" ?  97e3pf??  Wha?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833

kilroy0097 wrote:

SGTJones97E wrote:

<----- 97e2pf
OK now I'm lost. "63b" ?  97e3pf??  Wha?
SGTJones97E
+0|6835
63b is a mechanic in the army.  my mos is 97e2pf which means im an interogator, sergeant, who speaks persian-farsi
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6843|Bryan/College Station, TX

SGTJones97E wrote:

63b is a mechanic in the army.  my mos is 97e2pf which means im an interogator, sergeant, who speaks persian-farsi
Ahhh ok. So 63b is Mechanic of specific type while 97 is designation for Interogator..
Remind me not to piss you off.   Persian-Farsi... pretty damn cool.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
SGTJones97E
+0|6835
63b is actualy a light wheel vehicle mechanic.  he normally fixes things like humvees.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833
interesting.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6846|Australia
lol okay you mite live longer fixing stuff while sittin in armor but it also takes longer gettin out and usin your wrench is quicker...

also i dont seem to get points for fixing stuff no one is in... so if your in a tank and you jump out to fix it and no one is in it you dont get any points for that, well i dont..
fizz85
+1|6789|Voice of reason
You don't get points for stuff that is empty except UAV, SAT, ART and other Commander assests.

When in tank make sure you have a gunner do the we need repair thingy or let your gunner know to stay in and cover get out repair you will get point cuz the vehicle is still occupied.

But be aware the will increase your chance of TK cuz your gunner more often then not will run you over when he steals the tank you are repairing. Try to have a squad member gun for you it will decrease your chances of getting ripped off or always gun and repair.

I used to be a 95BH3QB (left out the useless O & 0's for you Army guys saves space) then they changed things and made me a 31B but I switched to the darkside after 9.5 years and now am a 31A in degree completion and I PCS to Korea in Jan:)

95BH3Q3= MP  who speaks castillian spanish(QB) and a Physical Security Inspector (H3)
31B = 95B (they change the numeric designator)
31A = MP Officer who did not transfer any of that crap to the O side so he does not get a Staff Job:)

I never did one of these but have seen quite a few in the Barracks.
69Z = Track Whore

SGT Jones
I went to OCS with a real ass he was a 97E his name was Scohoffer he got branched Armor. He came direct from FT Hu and was a SGT there. You know him? This was in 2002-2003.

Ok... that is the most I talked or did anything Army in 12 months I even had to pull out an old NCOER to get that code. I need to stop and enjoy my time before I go back:)

Oh yea in case you were wondering... which you probably weren't... Punisher 6 was my call sign when I was a Platoon Leader in 2ID.

Last edited by fizz85 (2005-09-26 08:06:44)

SGTJones97E
+0|6835
no i just reclassed from 13M in 2004 so i really dont know too many people in this field yet sir.  im a sgt too so i would have known him but why would he have gone interrogator to officer from nco?  officers arent allowed to be interrogators, only enlisted and WO...

anyhow...see ya around some day.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6841|Missoula, MT

1NTIMID8R wrote:

Am I missing something?
Similarly...I recently played some rounds as support and got, I know, at least 15-20 supply points and at end of the round I had just a few points, like less than 10!  I was with a squad mostly and resupplying the same guys, but only through normal game-play.  I'm wondering if EA was testing something there as well as with the medal thingy. 
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6827|Australia
for heal points, throw med packs around high traffic areas like alleyways....
not at spawn points!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

ok kontrol i think someone said that before...

Hmm would you get a point for healing opponents? =P or get docked one?
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6827|Australia
they did? oh.... meh.... told you all again i guess

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard