CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6796
Don't have your Ground Defense Ribbon yet?  Well, here's how to get it without breakin' a sweat.  (It's an easy ribbon to get overall, but here's a way to get it fast.)  Get onto a Karkand 64 player server.  Be USMC and when a new round starts spawn at the front right spawn point.  Run to the front of the small building there and there's a mounted machine gun.  Grab it and just start pickin' people off.  I personally got the five kills before I even hit 3 minutes.  This is a really fast way to get this ribbon.

P.S. You're kind of a target for snipers and armored vehicles, but otherwise it's pretty quick and simple.

Last edited by CinnamonBits (2005-09-25 14:36:45)

IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6795|Canberra, Australia
Another way is to mount any ground weapon and become commander.  Artillery kills while being in charge of the weapons earns you the point.  The only combat badges you won't get this way are knife and pistol....
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6797|Barrington, RI
I got mine by manning the TOW at the middle base in Sharqi.  There are always jeeps and Tanks/APCs to blow up when that CP is being fought over, just make sure you have a medic nearby or the snipers will pick you off pretty quickly each time.  Sure you will die a few times in the process but if your team can hold that base long enough you should earn the ribbon.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834
I got mine in Daquing Oilfields.
ArkAng37
+1|6846|San Antonio, TX
I got mine at Karkand on the front left base on USA and i took out Jihad Jeeps!
Didnt take me long to get it!
Henkuz
Repairs on request
+28|6805|Alkmaar, the Netherlands
Earned mine at Dragon Valley with the TOW at the base on the hill in the middle of the map, vehicles crossing the bridge are easy to hit, check my site for the screenshot.

Last edited by Henkuz (2005-09-26 06:29:21)

Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6845|United Kingdom
got mine in the TOW on dalian plant single player
Faith +1
+1|6815|Arizona
Karkand
USMC
I used mounted mg on left side to pick off people.
I got sick of waiting for people so I switched to infantry used grenade launcher shot into the first flag spawn point, then switched back to mg.

I got my 5 kills off of 4 grenade kills and one actual mg kill, but since I was "holding" the mg.  It counted.

I was curious if it would work and it did.
CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6796
Whoa, crazy.
WormGuts
+17|6795|Dayton, Ohio
I got mine at dragon valley in the TOW near the lower river base always lots of action there.  Took down a Black Hawk that was loaded up with 5 people.  One shot one kill one ribbon...

BTW Black Hawks can be killed in one shot with anti tank kit.  aim for one of the front tires that hang down under the black hawk.  pretty sure thats a glitch but it works...raelly slows down them flag capping stat padding b.hawk whores.
Drexel
+43|6477|Philadelphia
Felt like Bumping the last thread on the forums...

Oh, what a great guide by the way.
JG1567JG
+110|6589|United States of America
On this account I got my veteran ground defense badge on Mashtur City at the Backyard Spawn where the tank spawns closest to USMC side.  The other team was attacking from the Mosque.  I must have gotten the 10 kills in less than 3 minutes since I didn't get the ground defense ribbon.  I still don't have the ribbon but haven't really tried for it since it isn't that hard to get.

https://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/JG1567JG/BF2-ScreenShots/screen035.jpg

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-05-04 09:04:06)

davidonbf2
Banned
+19|6223
I got my ribbon with 1 shot, karkand mec, I was a sniper, sneaked to there spawn point were the TOW is, layed 2 claymines near entrance, waited for a fully loaded NOOB APC, BOOM, ribbon

Last edited by davidonbf2 (2007-05-04 09:11:32)

XISIX
+116|6616
I wonder if you can still shoot down Blackhawk with 1 shot to tire ?

Remember back in day when they were ultimate killing Ma-sheens.
JG1567JG
+110|6589|United States of America

XISIX wrote:

I wonder if you can still shoot down Blackhawk with 1 shot to tire ?

Remember back in day when they were ultimate killing Ma-sheens.
It seems like I read something where the increased the armor or hitpoints on the tires in one of the recent patches but it might have been something else.  I am assuming that you mean one shot with the anti-tank.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard