Medal of Honor : Airborne0%0% - 1
Crysis5%5% - 7
Other (please name)6%6% - 8
Total: 121
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

CoD4 is just like CoD2 and I didn't like CoD2. At all.
I disagree.  I didnt like CoD2 that much, but CoD4 is much, much different.

If you dont like CoD in general, thats fine.  But CoD1, UO, and CoD4 kicked CoD2s ass.
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

I'd like to say TF2 but I think it fell short in at least not providing the full experience from classic (i.e. no hunted), CoD4 would have to take it.
Longbow
+163|6644|Odessa, Ukraine
probably CoD4, but I'm not CoD fan anyways...

BF2142 for me ( bought it in April )
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6578|Melbourne, Australia.
other (wow)
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6547|CH/BR - in UK

I'd say Crysis if it didn't lag so damned much on my computer... Call of Duty 4 is therefore my top

-konfusion
Tetn1s
+59|6639|Los Angeles
Id say that Cod4 DOESNT have lasting power compared to TF2.

Been playing: COD4 (24 hours) got bored
Is Playing: TF2 (55 hours) not bored a single second yet
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
CoD4 is fun as hell, but TF2 has more longevity.

TF2.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6283|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

other (wow)
WoW is from 2005 you muppet
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Battlefield 2 from 2005 trumps 2007 multiplayer.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-12-18 03:43:27)

FloppY_
­

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Yes, but this thread is STILL about 2007 games.... so please...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Ned_Z wrote:

I'm trying not to be an ass here...

But its expected that a lot of people get bored with CoD, this isnt even a CoD forum after all.  CoD has never been about teamwork... thats why you form clans.  So yeah, pubbing really gos nowhere after a few hours if you just play alone.  But playing with a group of people and scrimming/matching other clans is where the beef is really at. 

Not like BF2 and TF2, where simply joining a random server you might find some people to work with as a team.  CoD4 is completely different.
FloppY_
­

Spearhead wrote:

Ned_Z wrote:

I'm trying not to be an ass here...

But its expected that a lot of people get bored with CoD, this isnt even a CoD forum after all.  CoD has never been about teamwork... thats why you form clans.  So yeah, pubbing really gos nowhere after a few hours if you just play alone.  But playing with a group of people and scrimming/matching other clans is where the beef is really at. 

Not like BF2 and TF2, where simply joining a random server you might find some people to work with as a team.  CoD4 is completely different.
I don't want to be dependant on some time i have to go and play.... I'm an FFA whore i guess...
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6691|The Ville
Cod4
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Please what? People are playing BF2 in 2007 over games that came out in 2007, so it qualifies as a 2007 title.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Please what? People are playing BF2 in 2007 over games that came out in 2007, so it qualifies as a 2007 title.
No it doesnt...... I'm sure lots of people would vote for WoW and all kinds of other games....

This thread is about games that came out this year.  In fact, you know what, I thought Counter Strike 1.0 was quite a fascinating game, and people are still playing it, so it must qualify as 2007.  pfft.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6754|Argentina

Spearhead wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

No it doesnt...... I'm sure lots of people would vote for WoW and all kinds of other games....

This thread is about games that came out this year.  In fact, you know what, I thought Counter Strike 1.0 was quite a fascinating game, and people are still playing it, so it must qualify as 2007.  pfft.
I have CS 1.5, 1.6 and Source installed on my PC, but they aren't 2007, lol.  But I still play them coz they rule.  TF2 is the multiplayer game of this year anyway.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Spearhead wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

a) No it doesnt...... I'm sure lots of people would vote for WoW and all kinds of other games....

b) This thread is about games that came out this year.

c) In fact, you know what, I thought Counter Strike 1.0 was quite a fascinating game, and people are still playing it, so it must qualify as 2007.  pfft.
a) Sure it does. And Burning Crusade was released in 2007, so you kind of hung yourself on that one.

b) What difference does year of release make when it has absolutely no bearing on fun? I don't see how fact that people prefer older games over this year's releases is irrelevant?

c) And so it does.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

a) No it doesnt...... I'm sure lots of people would vote for WoW and all kinds of other games....

b) This thread is about games that came out this year.

c) In fact, you know what, I thought Counter Strike 1.0 was quite a fascinating game, and people are still playing it, so it must qualify as 2007.  pfft.
a) Sure it does. And Burning Crusade was released in 2007, so you kind of hung yourself on that one.

b) What difference does year of release make when it has absolutely no bearing on fun? I don't see how fact that people prefer older games over this year's releases is irrelevant?

c) And so it does.
I can't believe you're starting an argument out of thin air.  It says, right in the forum title, 2007.  Burning Crusade is an expansion pack.  And if I had said BF2... I would not have hung myself on that one?  pfft.  Not the full game.  This is not BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME THATS OUT RIGHT NOW.  This is BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME OF THIS YEAR.

/facepalm

Last edited by Spearhead (2007-12-19 14:12:40)

Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6717|Scotland
yay I'm part of the 0% that voted MoH: Airborne

win.
Christbane
+51|6232

ELITE-UK wrote:

Other :  Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts.
Love this game!  i get my ass kicked in multi player though >(
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

The way I see it, if it's not out of print and still played by an immense amount of people, it's a game of the year. Like Monopoly, Apples to Apples or chess.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

And if I had said BF2... I would not have hung myself on that one?  pfft.  Not the full game.  This is not BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME THATS OUT RIGHT NOW.  This is BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME OF THIS YEAR.

/facepalm
I mentioned it because you brought up WoW. And you wouldn't have hung yourself on BF2. And BF2 is out right now, in a pretty cool four-game pack, or as a standalone product. Cheaper than some of the $50 shit you see on shelves today, too.

Spearhead wrote:

I can't believe you're starting an argument out of thin air.
I can't believe you picked it up, let alone typed in caps.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-12-19 17:16:15)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT
Tf2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard