+0|6841|Pueblo
No gay Lights in my system... LOL

LMAO!!!!

I'm not into twinkly lights either!
iLLmatic
+0|6752|uk

-=WM=-Racerx wrote:

Guys,
Thanks for the input and these forums for The use of a place to share info ,rant ,dis or give props......

you guys gave me some things to consider And some good links as well.

Yes money is not the issue and I've never been one to "wait" for techngy While I believe I have an ass kicking system.

More ram should help So I WILL Sell the 4x512 sticks I HAVE NOW 2 months old...And buy 4x1 gig sticks..

Thanks again  and For me to buy AMD IS like me going to Wal mart  It just won't happen. :-)

-=WM=-Racerx
WWW.WarMachine.vf11.com
LMFAO..

Another "omg i have more money than sense guy".. rotf..

My system is quiet easily the best on these forums, and only have 2GB... the reason ? Mobs are optimized for 2GB DUAL CHANNEL... 4Gb removes this.. therfore halfing the bandwith...

using 4GB in todays market, on a gaming PC will reduce performance.. on servers, its fine.

but, you will see

*sighs*
-=WM=-Racerx
+-3|6665|Chicago

iLLmatic wrote:

-=WM=-Racerx wrote:

Guys,
Thanks for the input and these forums for The use of a place to share info ,rant ,dis or give props......

Yes money is not the issue and I've never been one to "wait" for techngy While I believe I have an ass kicking system.

More ram should help So I WILL Sell the 4x512 sticks I HAVE NOW 2 months old...And buy 4x1 gig sticks..

Thanks again  and For me to buy AMD IS like me going to Wal mart  It just won't happen. :-)

-=WM=-Racerx
WWW.WarMachine.vf11.com
LMFAO..

My system is quiet easily the best on these forums, and only have 2GB... the reason ? Mobs are optimized for 2GB DUAL CHANNEL... 4Gb removes this.. therfore halfing the bandwith...

using 4GB in todays market, on a gaming PC will reduce performance.. on servers, its fine.

but, you will see

*sighs*
Well Mr Know it all To bad you mobo isn't taking advantage of your sli system oh little bottle neck there home boy....But you know everything.
your system is close but your mobo is lacking.But your so smart you knew this.You need a couble dollars for a real mobo ?
-=WM=-Racerx
+-3|6665|Chicago
O h I just noticed you little flag, I forgive you for your arrogance your from acroos the "pond"
I should have known.

-=WM=-Racerx
WWW.WarMachine.vf11.com
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

-=WM=-Racerx wrote:

iLLmatic wrote:

-=WM=-Racerx wrote:

Guys,

-=WM=-Racerx
WWW.WarMachine.vf11.com
LMFAO..

but, you will see

*sighs*
Well Mr Know it all To bad you mobo isn't taking advantage of your sli system oh little bottle neck there home boy....But you know everything.
your system is close but your mobo is lacking.But your so smart you knew this.You need a couble dollars for a real mobo ?
probly he thinks SLI is useless and thinks hes not gonna use it coz he got uber-1337 7800 gtx? my pc is 1337, but lacking cpu (3.0 p4 prescot) and mobo sucks (cant oc... or will fry) but i got 3gb ddr2 677 ram and 7800 gtx. do i need sli? not in a while
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
iLLmatic
+0|6752|uk
*sighs*

how can a mobo that uses 16x dual Sli not be a good thing ?

*sighs*

ah well, guess some guys that get jealous will always talk shit. haha, bless. go earn some "dollars" "homeboy".

lmao
-=WM=-Racerx
+-3|6665|Chicago
WELL,
Know it all Here's the mobo you should be useing It has 32 pipelines for your video cards whick I might add Have 40 Pipelines.

A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Perhaps I can chip in to help you buy this....better yet I think you should  go back to your playstation games.
the systems are cheaper.

Last edited by -=WM=-Racerx (2006-02-09 09:08:59)

sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6677|Planet Seibertron ;)
Hmm... 4x1GB... overboard to some, but the maximum in 32bit land.  At least you'll be able to run a lot of large programs... You'll definitely be able to run a lot of large programs quite easily.  Switching between them will also be quick.  It has me wondering if the CPU will be a limiting factor by then since 4GB is a lot even for any softwares for today (sans Photoshop).  In any case, 4GB will last you several years (I hope).  If you're running games with it, perhaps we can persuade you to jump to AMD when their new socket is released?  Understandable if you want to stay with Intel however.

iLLmatic wrote:

LMFAO..

but, you will see

*sighs*
Says the person with an Athlon64 FX processor.

I'm starting to not like the tone you are taking when it comes to voicing opinion on hardware when people, such as Racerx, want to inquire as to what hardware is best, which to choose from, what their options are, and whether or not they ought to make the purchase.  Your Another "omg i have more money than sense guy".. rotf.. line can actually be offensive to those who DO have the extra dough.  And while some can be envious of them, others would like to take advantage of it.  And there is absolutely nothing wrong with indulging on bigger or faster hardware.  If they wish to make the purchase, that is their decision.  Whether or not it makes sense is not up for you to decide.  You let the buyer decide if it's good to make a purchase and they'll decide based on weighing in all options and all research data gathered from testimonies, benchmarks, and reviews.  If you are so concerned about saving money to make better purchase, say it in a constructive manner that can persuade, not start an argument.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6697|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
yes illmatic you have a major bottleneck for sli, your mobo, get the a8n32 sli deluxe to take full advantage........hold on while typing i just noticed something, did you change your sig, does it say a8n32 sli deluxe now, or did it always,hmmmm
iLLmatic
+0|6752|uk

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

yes illmatic you have a major bottleneck for sli, your mobo, get the a8n32 sli deluxe to take full advantage........hold on while typing i just noticed something, did you change your sig, does it say a8n32 sli deluxe now, or did it always,hmmmm
lol, no it says deluxe...

thanks for the comments guys, the way I type comes across badly, and thats not the way its intended.

I work lots, therefore can afford what I want.. if i wanna buy my processor, then I will - however, not upgrading until m2 socket comes out..

but the fact remains - 4GB = waste.
AveryHawk
+6|6695|Sacramento,CA

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

yeah im an amd boy, but the pentium m rockzors my sockzors, my lappy has one, what is the xenons counterpart anyway, and plus the pentium m beats any sempron o and darth rambo, dont bother getting or suggesting the fx57 if ya got the money go the fx60 or X2, no wait better yet wait for m2
Cutthroat, Xeon (xenons)  is  countered by the Opteron Series.

As an owner of both Dual Xeon and Dual Opteron Rigs configured as gaming workstations. I can say they
both have their stregnths and weaknesses I am in way a "fanboy" I have Members of my gaming community
that work for both Intel and AMD. My decisions are always based on the right processor for the application.
I do currentaly prefer my Dual 3.6ghz Xeon rig ATM due to the fact I am usually called upon to run the local server at our LAN's and I still want to be able to play too. If all I was doing was playing I would probably run
my FX51 rig wich with a 6600 GTOC. It  runs any thing I throw at it well.  That being said Short pipse are better for gaming and gaming only, But if you want to multitask i.e. Game, Serve a game and serve files all at once
Dual HT processors are better. Basically what you use may not be the best  setup for some one else and the
fanatical Fanboy stuff just makes you look like an idoit.

/soapbox not directed at anyone directally

Last edited by AveryHawk (2006-02-10 13:18:49)

razz
+7|6683|Australia

Snipedya14 wrote:

razz wrote:

Why does every thread have to have this fanboy crap in it?
Im sorry, i didnt know making a vaild argument (supported by fact) was fanboy crap.

AdamEcks wrote:

Intel sucks ass
I meant that, not reasons backed up by facts.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6696|Mountains of West Virginia
AveryHawk wrote:

Where do i start

AveryHawk wrote:

My decisions are always based on the right processor for the application.

As an owner of both Dual Xeon and Dual Opteron Rigs configured as gaming workstations
Now thats an oxymoron.

AveryHawk wrote:

AveryHawk wrote:

That being said Short pipse are better for gaming and gaming only,
Sorta. Let me try and explain why AMDs are better for gaming.

Intel=Long piplines AMD=Short wide piplines, yes that is true.

Both CPUs do whats called branch prediction. Basically, the CPU estimates what the end result is going to be in certian things.

Now, once and a while the CPU will guess wrong.
So all of the Computing that has been done (based on the prediction, which was wrong) has to be flushed out. Which pipline is going to be easier (and quicker) to flush out? The short one.
Its of the reasons why intels rely on their high clock speed (to keep things moving)

But what pipline is better for long code execution? Intel.

Just a note, The Pentium M has a 20% less failed branch prediction rate then p4s and considering that the conroes are based on the pentium M, it could be a good thing.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD
The amount of RAM you have makes no difference in gameplay after 2GB of RAM.  Don't go above 2GB, you would be completely wasting money.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

_j5689_ wrote:

The amount of RAM you have makes no difference in gameplay after 2GB of RAM.  Don't go above 2GB, you would be completely wasting money.
unless u wanna run a copy of bf2, cod2 and hl2 at once. while u play solitaire just to beat the crap out of wow
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
AdamEcks
+1|6704|Canada, Eh.

razz wrote:

Snipedya14 wrote:

razz wrote:

Why does every thread have to have this fanboy crap in it?
Im sorry, i didnt know making a vaild argument (supported by fact) was fanboy crap.

AdamEcks wrote:

Intel sucks ass
I meant that, not reasons backed up by facts.
... When I first made this post I was under the assumption he was braggin about his system for gaming, in which case, most people know AMD is the way to go. I can go dig up numbers if you need them but most people would agree with me here. I know I said "unless you need all that power for...", this was a joke. I am running an Intel and chose to do so, was it a mistake for gaming, yes, mistake over all, no. Intel is great and when I build a new system I will still have to debate between AMD and Intel, but if I'm looking for nothing but gaming then AMD is clearly the choice at this time. There are going to be good and bad things about any product, and I know some people only like a particular brand. I'm not die-hard Intel or an AMD lover so I'll have to go for what can give me what I'm looking for at the time.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
AMD dual core ftw.....
Maj.Do
+85|6753|good old CA
right now amd is best in gaming and dualcore. you could wait to see how the conroe works
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6626|Cherry Pie

mjw wrote:

windows xp doesn't even recognize 4gb of ram it only recognizes 2gb.
the first system to support 4gb will be vista wqhich should be out later this year.

also, amd shits on intels cpu's. Intel go for raw power which isn't neccesary when amd are wise and optimize the stuff that actually counts.
I have 4 Gb of ram and XP recognizes it just fine.  I do regret getting that much ram though, Should have gone more on the GPU side.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

AMD dual core ftw.....
agreed upon. even though i use intel, doesnt mean i hate amd. i'm just waiting for AM2... cant wait that long for conroe
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Why are people still talking about the FX57? If you have the kind of money to even be considering 4GB of RAM, grab yourself an FX60.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-22 14:27:50)

Mr.Pieeater
+116|6626|Cherry Pie

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

unless u wanna run a copy of bf2, cod2 and hl2 at once. while u play solitaire just to beat the crap out of wow
LOL, you have been killed by the defib 148 times and you haven't killed anyone back?  LOL!!!  I just thought that was hilarious to see that at the bottom of your sig...
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Why are people still talking about the FX57? If you have the kind of money to even be considering 4GB of RAM, grab yourself an FX60.
Agreed, FX-60 teh ownage over FX-57, but im happy with my X2 4600

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard