=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6831

IndianScout wrote:

you fears are unfounded,  if you change teams within the last couple minutes of each round more times than not,  then yes you are exploiting to gain the WCR...

if not then I wouldnt really see a problem...

clue - in the last couple minutes of each round..
Well, what about this.

Playing a round, you're in first place. Your team is winning. You die with 10 minutes left and get switched(pretty much completely stealing that win that you seriously deserve). Is it okay to switch back within the last couple of minutes?
RogerThast
+0|6791|WA
no c4 on jeeps or other fast moving vehicles doesnt make sense.... if a tank gets taken out by it, its his fault he didnt see it while he was racking up 20 kills in a row, gives him more to worry about so he doesnt just focus on people dodging him bullets and shells

maybe they should make a class exclusively for mec called suicide bomber
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6786|England

RogerThast wrote:

no c4 on jeeps or other fast moving vehicles doesnt make sense.... if a tank gets taken out by it, its his fault he didnt see it while he was racking up 20 kills in a row, gives him more to worry about so he doesnt just focus on people dodging him bullets and shells

maybe they should make a class exclusively for mec called suicide bomber
C4 was designed to explode when put on the front of a jeep hitting a tank, its a feature of the game, just like the ability to switch teams.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6818|Belgium

Kobrakai wrote:

No I had no idea, all I knew was that if you wanted this ribbon you would have to team switch just like all others that had it admitted to switching for it on these forums.
If you are this kobra: http://bf2s.com/player/Kobrakai/ no need to worry eh (prob not)

R
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6790|Jupiter

Kamikaze17 wrote:

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

teh adam wrote:

I have never seen the bh used like that

I like the clarified rules... nice job
What if you are using the C4 to kill people?, like if i would happen to be supply and my buddy be throwing C4 onto enemy vehicles below, or flying to enemy commander assets and blowing it up.. while still in the chopper.... (that is saying... i would do that )
read a bit back there, he changed it to it being ok in an area where enemies are present. but if you do it off away from enemies then that is padding.
Yes, but ... say i were to get 40 supply points IAR from this?, saying i did this anyways .... but i mean, its just for fun, not stat padding anyways, its not like i need some lame 40 supply points and have a 0-5 K/D from being shot down every round =/, so i would not like my stats reset if i "did" this at some point in time, cause i actually wanted to have fun with my friend. EA ever resets my stats i will find a new game, and quote from another person... " Tape myself taking a crap onto the BF2 CD"...
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6818|Belgium

Kobrakai wrote:

C4 was designed to explode when put on the front of a jeep hitting a tank, its a feature of the game.
Well here I agree, no better way to get rid of those pesky tank whores...

R

Last edited by =Robin-Hood= (2006-02-08 19:43:31)

Orion5413
+4|6685|Irving Tx
today i was playing on 256 somthingoranother server(No offense intended I can't remmber the rest of the clan name)... I got switched from the winning team to the losing team I died again and got switched back to the winning team with like 20 tickets left I got 1 more kill and the game was over. Does that count aganist me?
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6786|England

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

Kobrakai wrote:

No I had no idea, all I knew was that if you wanted this ribbon you would have to team switch just like all others that had it admitted to switching for it on these forums.
If you are this kobra: http://bf2s.com/player/Kobrakai/ no need to worry eh (prob not)

R
Im not that Kobrakai.

Last edited by Kobrakai (2006-02-08 19:38:41)

oberst_enzian
+234|6740|melb.au
can this PLEASE get a 'sticky'? its the most interesting and important discussion that's happened for awhile i reckon, and should not sink off the main page... everyone needs to read this thread and contibute their thoughts (if they are constructive that is)
oberst_enzian
+234|6740|melb.au
there is a bit of a 'McCarthyism' tone to this whole padding/ROE thing isn't there
ZxC
+1|6650
Cant switch teams for the war college ribbon, wtf since when? I guess thats me getting reset then 400 hours wasted for nothing.
Danielson
+1|6782
Why put the WCR in the game if they 'banning' the only way to get it. getting 3 wins for every loss you get would be next to impossible to get with out switching teams, they may as well just remove the ribbon from the game in that case.
Xaat
+3|6651

Danielson wrote:

Why put the WCR in the game if they 'banning' the only way to get it. getting 3 wins for every loss you get would be next to impossible to get with out switching teams, they may as well just remove the ribbon from the game in that case.
Amen Brother.
oberst_enzian
+234|6740|melb.au
I think ThomasMorgan got it wihout cheating, but it's kind of beside the point. It's the priniciple of whether all team switching is judged to be an action going towards the earning of the WCR, when it very clearly isn't
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6670|Colorado
Alot of you need to read better, alot of the rules you guys are complaining about are rules that private servers may or may not observe.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6732|cairns australia
i think just in real life that ignorance of a rule or law does not make a perpetrator innocent.indian do not worry that the roe is not perfectly worded.people with intelligence and common sense understand what it is about.keep taking out those that choose to break the rules.more power too you
SargeJp
+87|6747|Canada
how about to change the WCR to 2:1 wins loss ratios instead of 3?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

oberst_enzian wrote:

can this PLEASE get a 'sticky'? its the most interesting and important discussion that's happened for awhile i reckon, and should not sink off the main page... everyone needs to read this thread and contibute their thoughts (if they are constructive that is)
roger that
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6698|England, UK
Wtf with the blackhawk rule. Can't take flag with blackhawk. LOL LOL LOL. A blackhawk can be taken down with 2 AT's or with the .50 on a jeep etc. What's next. Can't take flag with any vehicle. BTW. I like constantly throwing nades when in a black hawk if there is a resupply guy on board. Nade rain!
Tcx_1
+3|6738|Alberta, Canada
Most of the rules involving transports are pure BS.  The BH is a TRANSPORT chopper.  If we cannot take it to cap a flag WHAT do we do with it? 
I've 'flag-hopped' in jeeps before, are you now going to change the RoE to include 'flag-hopping' in any form of transport vehicles?  What about boats? Apc's?
Hacking and third party programs being bannable (sp?) offenses make sense.  Stat-padding to an extent, although the definition of stat-padding is subjective.  All the other rules are taking away from gameplay, especially the ones regarding the use of BH, and c4 on jeeps.
As for the rule concerning attacking non-caps, suppose the non-cap is the only flag left.  Are we supposed to take a time-out while they get organized to take a flag back?  But then again, since its against the rules to get in a transport chopper and take a flag I guess a time-out wouln't be so bad, as long as we have all the ground routes covered.
Although not explicitly stated, I assume that the punishment for these 'offenses' are a stats wipe.  Ridiculous.   
I just read the team switching rule. Again, Ridiculous.  Am I going to be somehow 'reimbursed' if I was on the winning team but I got switched to the losing team due to people quitting while trying for my WCR?
Of course I'd team switch to get those wins back.  But since its 'wrong', EA had better give me 3 wins to negate that 1 loss that was undeserved.
All in all, this RoE deserves 2 giant thumbs down.
Tcx_1
+3|6738|Alberta, Canada

TrollmeaT wrote:

Alot of you need to read better, alot of the rules you guys are complaining about are rules that private servers may or may not observe.
What does reading better have anything to do with it.  Suppose a private server enforces the 'flag hopping' rule.  Should people start getting stats wiped or banned for taking a transport chopper to take a flag?
The problem is the rules themselves.
B.Schuss

now, I have kept out of this for a while, mostly because I am not playing specifically for any awards anyway, I take those which happen to come my way during normal gameplay.

The core of the problem is that EA obviously hadn't intended the whole awards system to be used in such a way that people would alter their normal gameplay behaviour to get a specific award/badge/ribbon ( at least, that is my belief ). But as it turns out, that is exactly what some award-driven players do.

Switching teams at the end of the round to get that precious WCR, padding to get more points, exploiting to get a better K/D, jihad jeeping to get that Expert Explosive, the list goes on and on...

Now, while I don't judge on people who do this ( as long as they don't cheat or use exploits I am fine ), I still believe this issue leads to a whole lot of problems, such as people have described in this thread.

It is a good thing EA is finally adressing this issue with the RoE. As Indian has said, those RoE are very much still "under construction" and I do believe he said that he is open for constructive criticism, as long as it is phrased appropriately. Treating each other with respect and decency should be automatic here. Personal remarks, however put, are a definite no-go.

There are times when I wish EA hadn't bothered with a ranking system or awards, but as those are here to stay, we should all contribute to the best of our abilities and help make this system work.

There are rules to every game
vonSteuben
+3|6700|Essen - Germany

Mike_J wrote:

vonSteuben wrote:

Just wondering, so please don't take offense in it, IndianScout:

You used terms that were coined by the community (I think) like "Blackhawk Whoring" "Flag Hopping" (those sound like community made terms ) and I am not sure about "spawncamping" (heard it first in BF1942, my first online FPS). So why was the term "Jihad Jeeping" not used in brackets as explanation for "Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles"? Has this to do with political correctness? Or does EA prohibit the offical use of that term in the ROE?

I don't *need* that term in there, I am just asking out of curiousity

See ya,
vonSteuben
EA allows "Jihad Jeeping" though (so if EA did address it, I'm sure they'd try to be politically correct).  If I remember correctly from those new ROE, it said if NON EA ranked servers prohibited "Jihad Jeeping," then it could be enforced by the server's admins.

Oh IndianScout, nice word choice for the revision.  lol.  You should be a lawyer.
Oi, it seems my question was worded poorly, I just wanted to know why the term "Jihad Jeeping" wasn't used to describe "Using C4..."
I didn't want to ask if EA enforces any rules here or not.

I do have a question though regarding team switching:
Does the server log show if I switched sides myself and if the server switched me automatically (although I am switched to the losing team most of the time, sometimes the server with autobalance on switches me to the winning team with the message that the server switched me to the other team)

I sure wouldn't want to be punished for some kind of "lucky streak" when servers switch me to the winning side in the last couple of minutes of a round because of autobalance....

See ya,
vonSteuben
B.Schuss

as far as "Flag hopping" with the BH is concerned:

RoE wrote:

These are rules that are not enforced upon in EA’s public ranked servers but may be modified in privately rented ranked servers. These rules are decided by clan administrators for those servers and as long as they do not contradict any global rules enforced by EA are considered valid for those servers.
seriously, have you ever been on a server which happened to have an admin on who would actually notify EA about someone who was using a BH to fly from flag to flag ? Just not gonna happen.
Even if you did something really bad like cheating or exploiting, most admins are satisfied with banning / kicking you and that's the end of that.

Btw, I agree with what people here have said about the BH transport issue. Those are transport helis, which means they are designed and intended to transport troops from point a to point b. why those cannot be flags is beyond me. After all, BH's are big, slow-moving targets, which can easily be brought down with a couple of dedicated .50 cal's or a decent pilot in an attack chopper.

Sure, that requires teamplay, but isn't teamplay what BF2 is all about ?
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6741|Malaga, España
*Sigh*

§2.1 You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language in chat or voice mode.

''Right, now how is that going to be checked...ok Chat is easy...but Voice IP...comon..how the hell are they going to check...are they going to believe that a Player would Say ''admin this guy said fuck on Voice'' and the admin kicks him? well...then i,m going to tell the admin that everyone is my Squad said something that seems to be Offensive. ''

§ Team switching to gain medals or awards

''And how are they going to know u switch for awards or medals?'' then they should disable that u can switch manualy, when u join the server...the team ur in is your team untill the autobalance moves u to equal the number of players.''

Does EA/DICE think they can solve our personal problems by bringing out some rules what we are allowed and not allowed to do.
i would say Thank You Whiners! about fucking up the Game and EA/DICE thank u for agreeing with these whiners. this game is going to be fucked worse and worse by every patch they bring out. they make this Game look like a 12yrs+ TEEN game.

Because i totally Disagree with the point 3 things for Private Servers, this is pure Whiners Satisfaction.
if ur team isnt capable to create a Teamwork what you most see when they get base raped for Expample if USMC is overpowering Gulf Of Oman and attacking the Airfield (32 slot server) you see the next things of the enemy : 4 people are fighting over the Chopper, 5 are busy with the Jets , and others are busy of the Tank. there are no AT to be seen around, no Mines are layer neither is C4, and they don,t give a shit what happens its personal gain to get the Jet or Chopper or Tank and Fuck the rest of the team.

aslo with the Ucapable base bombing is worthless.
The game is about Wars...they do not make rules in it about what u may attack and what u may not attack.
and also when a pilot sees a tank moving they bomb it...no matter where he is. if they want to kill it...let them kill it. kinda weird ''Americans in Iraq, You may attack everything but not Bagdad! Thank you ''Arab minister of Defence'' its War and it War u kill the enemy no matter where they are..and i will never obey the rule i want to kill , and i dont give a sh!t where they are.

Using C4 on fast moving vehicules is also giving the Tank guy a satisfaction by giving him the protection to not getting blowed up by a guy who helps his team by getting rid of the Tank whos raping a flag. Jihad jeeping is a smart and effective way to get rid of the Tank. IN REAL LIFE ARAB REBELS ram a car in to police buildings/or USMC targets WHY!? To give the target less time to evacuate or shooting down the target.

Now BH flag hopping....this is also a lack of teamwork. especialy in Mosthuur city, there are a lot of .50calls around, and if ur smart with an AT kit u shoot at the Cockpit to kill the pilot the Crew will notice the pilot is dead when the Chopper is moving/leaning a side towards a building/ground.

BH using as an Bomber i agree...but do not prohibit it by a rule, fix it.

Engineers cannot repair the BH while beeing a crewmember, the blackhawk must land and the engineer can only repair it while Outside the vehicule (like Tanks and APC's)
you dont have to prohib/fix the Support while in the BH
When someone is throwing nades/C4 when in the BH just let the C4/Nade stick onto the BH so they would blow up when inside .... that would solve the problem. well not the problem but it will learn the player not to throw things while in the BH.

that's all i have to say

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2006-02-09 04:31:56)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard