Legion_of-Death666
+0|6710
Id like to play on a only knife server.... anyone who knows where to look.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6764|The Netherlands
uncheck server filter: ranked
and then you type in the top bar Knife (for the name)
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6754|Somewhere in NYC
those servers are still around?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6714|Antarctica
Just be careful, because ranked knife only servers are illegal and you can get your stats reset over playing on one.
Legion_of-Death666
+0|6710
Hmm are u kidding me... ??
tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6718
What's the easiest way to get the badge then? Only a few cool people have knife fights with me, the rest are cheap and use guns. Anyone want to schedule a knife fight?

Last edited by tehmoogles (2006-01-12 11:04:07)

s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6754|Somewhere in NYC
you get the badge the same way you get your other badges.... if you're not good enough with a knife, then why do you deserve a badge? (i don't) LOL
Negotiator
+0|6704
Scheduling a "knife" fight sounds like stat padding to me. Here's a tip: you can get expert knife badge easily without stat padding, the only requirement is: learn to play.
Sahasrahla
Code poet
+1|6753|Branson, MO, USA
Ok, here's some real tactic. Easiest knife kills are sneaking up behind people. If you are killed and happen to notice an enemy going towards a certain spawn pt, spawn there and surprise them. Often times they will already be at the point, lying cozy in whichever corner they choose when you respawn, and sometimes you'll get lucky and spawn behind them... Snipers on top of buildings can be easy targets, except they usually have a claymore waiting for you at the top of the ladder. If you're playing SF and can get to a building higher than theirs, you can avoid the claymore they placed on the ladder by ziplining down to their rooftop (ie from the TV station in Warlord you can get pretty much anywhere), or passing up the perfectly good ladder and grappling up different place on the building...

If you're trying to get 7 or 18 IAR kills, each time you spawn immediately put the guns away and only carry the knife. Avoid the temptation altogether. Try and stay away from open ground, always have a wall or pillar or box you can use for cover. If you have a short distance to close between you and the enemy sprint straight at them, it'll probably catch them off-guard. If you have a fair distance, you'll likely just get gunned down so run away and they will likely chase you. Run around a corner and wait patiently at the corner. When they come running around the corner you can catch them off-guard then... This works even better if you run in the direction of one of their spawn points, because they're likely to assume that point is your final destination and will be in the mind-set of catching up to you there. When you surprise them around the corner, you'll have an advantage.

You can also go for ambush kills. What I mean is (again I'll use Warlord) stay in the bottom of the TV station immediately to the left of the stairwell door (inside the stairwell). Most times people just charge through that door and right up the stairs when they're going for the flag. You can run up the stairs behind them and stab them before they realize it. Similarly, there are a ton of places inside the Palace at the north end of the map. I specifically remember 2 rooms located on the front of the palace that each give a nice view of the hallway leading back to the spawn points. Very rarely do people ever enter these rooms, let alone check them for enemies, so watch the halls from there.

None of this should be taken too literally though, just gather some general tactics from it because a UAV will kill that "meet them around the corner" tactic real quick. And you can only stab so many people from the same ambush in the TV station before they start to remember you're there...

I suppose the best thing you can do when ambushing is try and think about how you act when you're taking that particular flag, or chasing an enemy that you just spotted across the road, or whatever... and then hide in one of the places you don't bother to check...

Last edited by Sahasrahla (2006-01-12 12:56:11)

Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6786|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Legion_of-Death666 wrote:

Hmm are u kidding me... ??
Definately not, your stats will be deleted. I'm fairly sure that EA has a few filters on the stats that are submitted to weed out potential abuse. If there are 150+ total knife kills in a single round, it will look quite suspicious and will be caught. Weapon specific ranked servers are banned. You can go knifin' all you want on an unranked, but they won't let you pad your stats like that.
187sKillz
+1|6694|Houston
dude, just run/bunnyhop straight at people, dolphin dive once straight thru the air @ them, and shank. i got my vet badge that way.
Sahasrahla
Code poet
+1|6753|Branson, MO, USA

187sKillz wrote:

dude, just run/bunnyhop straight at people, dolphin dive once straight thru the air @ them, and shank. i got my vet badge that way.
1. that seems kinda cheap, and
2. you won't be able to do that after the new patch anyway.
uber73
+188|6760|Brisbane

187sKillz wrote:

you also got the tag of wanker.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6735|Debris From Space

tehmoogles wrote:

What's the easiest way to get the badge then? Only a few cool people have knife fights with me, the rest are cheap and use guns. Anyone want to schedule a knife fight?
What the hell do you expect us to do? I don't want to waste time hopping around stupidly with my knife for you, I'm too busy. You just have to keep trying, I came close to expert again the other day. But, I'm happy with veteran for now.
best map for this to me is karkand, lots of buildings and you can sneak around the snipers on the ridge by the suburb. also you can always search out the commander cause hes usually looking at the capslock screen. i got 16 kills on karkand a few days ago. boy did i get bummed soooo close and all because there was a tank spawn killing.
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6770

Negotiator wrote:

Scheduling a "knife" fight sounds like stat padding to me. Here's a tip: you can get expert knife badge easily without stat padding, the only requirement is: learn to play.
easily ?
Do you have a battle recorder video to see how easy it is ?
-=SoF=-Rip
+0|6690
I got mine on Devil's Perch.  It is a close-quarters map and a night map, so many chances to sneak up on groups of people or snipers. Get to know the map, most of all.
teckng778
+2|6706

187sKillz wrote:

yep... i did it on karkand and knifed anyone i could find at the USMC spawns...

Do it as medic...
Negotiator
+0|6704
gblanco,

No, because I haven't found an SF server with battlerecorder that works.
Ryan
+1,230|6851|Alberta, Canada

u'll find yourself crying in ur chair when you get banned lol.
_oO.WasTeD.TimE.Oo_
+-1|6732|England
i dont see whats so wrong about knife servers. ea says it's stat padding. you can probably make 200+ points in one round, but you can make 200+ points in a round on a 16 player 64 size map. so why isn't that the same? oh yeah, it's because its "easy" to get your knife badge on it. well, it's easy to get all expert badges on 16/64 maps seeing as they often last over an hour, but strangely that's allowed. if people want to have knife fights theres nothing wrong with that, and if i see people with their knife out i'll always return the favour by stickin my knife in them first, rather than shoot them like most noobs would.
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6724

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Just be careful, because ranked knife only servers are illegal and you can get your stats reset over playing on one.
That depends on the circumstances... it is true that Admins are not allowed to dictate what weapons can and cannot be used on their servers, this is a violation of Rules of Engagement...

But it doesn't say anywhere that players can't do it by mutual agreement.

I was on a server the other night when someone suggested that next round we just use knives and pistols, everyone agreed and we had a blast plugging each other with pee shooters and stabbing everyone.

The following round we went back to the normal way...

Last edited by SGT_Squirtle (2006-02-08 17:13:53)

joethejew001
+0|6683
If any one of you need some Knife tips come and See me, i am Da knife Expert....... 1000 knife kills and counting........And no i Do not Stat Pad, and NO i do not Bunnyhop/Dolphin dive....

PS. A knife only server is stat padding

Ad if u don't belive me that i have 1000 knife kills look at my stats

http://bf2s.com/player/joethejew001/
Maj.Do
+85|6760|good old CA
join my clan server 12.35.212.203 , we were just knife fighting on it, i got 18 : )...to bad its unranked wouldve got my Exp badge
elite
+89|6722|Sheffield, England
knife only servers are not allowed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard