Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

Acrnstlkr wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/constellation/multimedia/index.html

Next gen
20-50 trillion? what ya think?
I don't know but the current shuttle is outdated and extremely inefficient. I forget how much it cost per mission, but it was completely absurd.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Acrnstlkr
+11|6002|Iowa, USA

Kmarion wrote:

Acrnstlkr wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/constellation/multimedia/index.html

Next gen
I don't know but the current shuttle is outdated and extremely inefficient. I forget how much it cost per mission, but it was completely absurd.
ya i saw that on the discovery channel. i think if they would just quit using the outdated electronics and not have so much weight from them they could use more the the shuttle to haul shit to the inst. example.... the gps unit on the f-16 weighs in at about 50 pounds total. today's handheld 5oz and is more accurate!!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

Acrnstlkr wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Acrnstlkr wrote:

ya i saw that on the discovery channel. i think if they would just quit using the outdated electronics and not have so much weight from them they could use more the the shuttle to haul shit to the inst. example.... the gps unit on the f-16 weighs in at about 50 pounds total. today's handheld 5oz and is more accurate!!
The average cost to launch a Space Shuttle is about $450 million per mission.
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/abo … aq.html#10
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Acrnstlkr
+11|6002|Iowa, USA
wow. what can i do with 450 mil?
Acrnstlkr
+11|6002|Iowa, USA
move to florida and see the new shuttle!!!! win
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

Yea... come get the gator out of my backyard.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6680|Canberra, AUS

Kmarion wrote:

Im_Dooomed wrote:

It said the peak was the 13th, todays the 12...AM I LIVING IN THE PAST!?!1
The morning of the 13th.. as in two hours EST.

http://i15.tinypic.com/6p06vfb.jpg

^^Ah --> Yea

I live in a new neighborhood on a conservation lot. My backyard is completely dark.. I'll just have to battle the mosquitoes .
I know this is completely unrelated... but... Melbourne?!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Im_Dooomed wrote:

It said the peak was the 13th, todays the 12...AM I LIVING IN THE PAST!?!1
The morning of the 13th.. as in two hours EST.

http://i15.tinypic.com/6p06vfb.jpg

^^Ah --> Yea

I live in a new neighborhood on a conservation lot. My backyard is completely dark.. I'll just have to battle the mosquitoes .
I know this is completely unrelated... but... Melbourne?!
Melbourne is about 100 miles west of me.
https://i6.tinypic.com/855scnk.gif
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

I've already seen a handful tonight. Looking Northeast in the northern Hemisphere. Look for mars.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Acrnstlkr
+11|6002|Iowa, USA
still to cloudy for me
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

Acrnstlkr wrote:

still to cloudy for me
I was smart tonight. I got some insect repellent, my grill, my zune, and a lawn chair .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Acrnstlkr
+11|6002|Iowa, USA

Kmarion wrote:

Acrnstlkr wrote:

still to cloudy for me
I was smart tonight. I got some insect repellent, my grill, my zune, and a lawn chair .
damit i cant even see the fucking sky!! snow blowing shitty clouds.. i think the weather is totally fucked up. last year hunting deer in a t-shirt ... this year my carrharts, bunny hat and snow shoes!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

If anyone has clear skies go outside and look. I've seen a bunch. Give it at least 15 minutes.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6626|Gold coast, Aus.
I guess aussies won't see it?
Pop To Ster
Philosiraptor
+45|6537|Edmonds, WA

gene_pool wrote:

I guess aussies won't see it?
Neither will my part of the U.S. (Washington State LOL)

Can you say 200+ cloudy days/rain/hail?

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

If you can see the big dipper you've got a good view. I am seeing them like every 30 secs now .. good show. (East coast/northern hemisphere it should be straight up now :1:44 am)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6452|Chicago, IL
cloudy here...
sithao
+63|6631|Los Angeles, California
I seen one tonight, Didn't know about this until i saw this thread tonight either.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6596|Reisterstown, MD

Just saw a couple pass by the North Star.  Pretty cool.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

So that's what I've been seeing? Lol, I thought someone was firing rockets!
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6606|132 and Bush

East coast should be looking west now. Between mars and the little dipper... seems to be the happening spot.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6333

I just went out and saw about 10 in the span of 6-7 minutes I'm in Iowa. They were not all together like I thought, some were off to the east, some off to the west.

How come though, we only see them and their tail for a brief second if they are traveling around endlessly in space? Its just a quick flash and they are gone...?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

Im_Dooomed wrote:

I just went out and saw about 10 in the span of 6-7 minutes I'm in Iowa. They were not all together like I thought, some were off to the east, some off to the west.

How come though, we only see them and their tail for a brief second if they are traveling around endlessly in space? Its just a quick flash and they are gone...?
They pass so fast that they're gone in a second.

It could be small meteors (or something) that has been thrown away and entered the atmosphere too.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard