YourFavoriteWookiee
+0|6800|Denmark
I tried yesterday to get this badge!
Never flewn a Jet before - so it took some time to master.
Anyway I learned how to fly - without crashing - but the bombing never really worked.
Can anyone explain me how to use bombs?
Im either lettin em go to early or to late...
Anything on the screen (from the jet) I should aim with?

Eventhough I never relly learned how to bomb - I played a long round and in the end got 23 kills in an Airplane.
BUT I didnt get the Ribbon (it was a ranked server)!!

Does crashing into other Jets count as kills ?
Or is there something wrong with the servers?
I really want that ribbon....
Dnamaster
+0|6780|Canada
i had the same problem today, 22 kills and no ribbon, and all kills said "me [plane type] personkilles" and it was a 40 miniute map so i was definatly in a plane for 15 miniutes
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6816|Australia
bombing.. mmm tricky to explain but the higher up you are then the more b4 ur target you will have to drop them just keep trying when u work it out its easy...

crashing into other jets well yeah sometimes its a kill sometimes its a kill for them no idea how it works out who killed who... but crashing into choppers on purpose wont make you very popular, no one likes a suacide jet..
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6779|Marathon, Florida Keys
If you want the ribbon, go up high then jump out, pull the parachute, and in 10 seconds you will get your ribbon
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Dnamaster
+0|6780|Canada

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

If you want the ribbon, go up high then jump out, pull the parachute, and in 10 seconds you will get your ribbon
that will get you ur airbore ribbon, not ur air sirvice ribbon.

Awarded to recognize the individual who performed their duty while engaged in active aerial combat

* IAR: 15 minutes in an Airplane
    * IAR: 19 kills in an Airplane

Last edited by Dnamaster (2005-09-24 20:42:09)

CZE_M4CH0
+0|6759|Boston,MA
I can feel your pain...i have similar problem...just today i have finally killed 19 peeps with a plane, but the round ended too early so i didn't get those 15minutes...i don't know if it's me, but everytime i'm in the plane trying to get that stupid ribbon,there is one or more good pilots on the oppisite team who keep killing me, and that some schmucks who steal my plane when i spawn...well good luck to you! the helicopter ribbon is pretty tough too if you don't have a good pilot and milion people trying to get in to the heli...

https://bf2s.com/player/43863989/awards.jpg
YourFavoriteWookiee
+0|6800|Denmark
Thx for the replies!
Im sad to hear that other people are having problems gettin this ribbon too (or any other) - eventhough you IAR get all the requirements or even more!
I wonder if it's a bug on the diffrent servers or if it's a bug everywhere?

Anyway, anyone know of a good guild on "how to fly and bomb", mabye including some videos?

Last edited by YourFavoriteWookiee (2005-09-25 00:02:07)

ond
+0|6759|Norway
[url=http://www.rand.org/publications/RGSD/RGSD147/RGSD147.chap5.pdf]about bombing[/url]

Toss bombing (sometimes known as loft bombing) is a method of bombing where the attacking aircraft pulls upwards and releases its bomb load, giving the bomb additional forward velocity. Although this might seem the direct opposite to dive bombing, where the plane pitches downwards to aim at its target, toss bombing is often performed with a short dive preceding the bomber raising its nose and releasing its bomb, since the dive can help give both the bomb and aircraft extra momentum and so helping the aircraft gain altitude post-release. Toss bombing is often performed at low altitudes, with the aircraft pulling up at the last moment, at an angle which helps the bomb cover some horizontal distance, in spite of the low altitude release. Release usually occurs between about 35 and 75 degrees above the horizontal, causing the bomb to literally be tossed forward, like an underarm throw of a ball.

A dive bomber is a bomber aircraft that dives directly at its targets in order to provide greater accuracy. Diving (nearly) vertically at the target, in the same direction the bombs will take, the aircraft will release the bombs very close to the target at high speed. This (nearly) circumvents all of the effects of drag and gravity and allows a dive bomber to accurately place bombs on small targets with relative ease.

and about that air ribbon... I think you need to hold on to the same jet for 15 minutes?

Last edited by ond (2005-09-25 00:35:09)

kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6797|Australia
i have the same problem bambing and the same problem with the ribbon. 40 minutes up no deaths 36 kills... nothing.

i got my airbourne ribbon ages ago, but it wont show up, and i cant get it again.....
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

Just practice, I ended up loading lots of local multiplayer maps and just flying around bombing the static vehicles on the ground. Once you get the hang of it then I suggest being USMC on the map Operations Clean Sweep and flying the bomber... mmm kills!
PapaTango69
+1|6759|NoneYA
OK when switched to bombs there is a verticle line , on the bottom of this line it will intersect with a moon shaped line when you start to roll  this verticle line will move along the moon shaped line but will stay verticle to the ground, where those two lines meet it your target ....thats when you need to release your payload... hope this isnt too confusing ... oh try changing your camera views so the nose of the plane isn't in your way (easier to see target ) then switch back if you wish ...hope this helps.
YourFavoriteWookiee
+0|6800|Denmark

PapaTango69 wrote:

OK when switched to bombs there is a verticle line , on the bottom of this line it will intersect with a moon shaped line when you start to roll  this verticle line will move along the moon shaped line but will stay verticle to the ground, where those two lines meet it your target ....thats when you need to release your payload... hope this isnt too confusing ... oh try changing your camera views so the nose of the plane isn't in your way (easier to see target ) then switch back if you wish ...hope this helps.
Cool - just that kind of answer I was looking for!
Faith +1
+1|6784|Arizona
When I got mine i didnt stay in the same plane for 15 mins, I got shot down and crashed.
I actually got to 22 kills before I got the ribbon.

PT69 thanks for the tip I will have to look for that next time I play.
[OinK]Tank
+0|6716
I just got done flying for over 50 mins ans had 23 kills and I did not get the ribbon.  Someone on the server said the 19 kills has to be in a row without dying.  Is this true?  It does not mention this on the requirements on this site.
Duramen1
+0|6720|wa,usa
what i have found with the bombing is to release a little early. when your looking at the cross hairs for the bombing start the release about halfway down the vertical line of the cross hair. this is assuming that your flying mostly level and don't pull up untill the bombs have dropped.  I also found the best way to practice is go to single player clean sweep map and hop in the bomber and just practice bombing runs on the bots for a while. you should get the hang of it after 10-15 runs maybe.  if you practice it on the single player you will figure out where to drop the bombs. once i figured it out i got one round with almost 50 kills just doing the bombing.

one more thing watch out for your teammates in the radar cause if you kill them they will punish you everytime.
jax
+12|6737
i think that being in a plane for 15 mins in a round is stupid cause u mignt play a short round but end up with 40 kills with a jet
LeadSled
+0|6809
It really is very easy. Aim just like you do with your guns, and with a little practice you will learn when to release that load of death. I myself can hit anything I do love taking out choppers with a drop, they never even know its coming. You can pactice in single player but I would use the fighters simply because  if you can hit with 2 bombs ppl will learn to hate you in the bomber LOL . You can use the "S" key to help stablize and straighten you aircraft, it works like a "air brake". I fly high and fast . I believe a joystick is a requirement. Mouse and keyboard ppl only think they fly well. Almost 100 ppl have me as worse enemy ROFL.

Last edited by LeadSled (2005-11-12 12:48:20)

SrAMagistrado
+0|6710
My advice is fly at treetop level, and once that target box is right at the spearhead of your plane let go of your bombs.  Same if your going to dive bomb, a lot safer too.  It helps to have a joystick, if you dont have one.

Last edited by SrAMagistrado (2005-11-13 00:49:51)

[OinK]Tank
+0|6716
Ok I Am Officially Pissed Off Now.  I Have Spent About 2 Weeks Trying To Get The Aerial Service Ribbon And It Will Not Give It To Me.  I Have Had Several Rounds Where I Was In The Plane The Entire Freaking Round, Over 45 Minutes And Had Over 25 Kills And It Will Not Give It To Me.

According To This Website The Requirements Are 15 Mins And 19 Kills.  Either The Game Is Screwed Up Or This Website Is Totally Mistaken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone From This Website Tell Me What The Heck Is Going On Please???????

edit: This was supposed to be in all caps to indicate my yelling but the forums changed it to lowercase.

Last edited by [OinK]Tank (2005-11-13 21:45:49)

[OinK]Tank
+0|6716
Bump

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard