ModestFire
+0|6659
So I just got my first purple heart and feel like shit. Worst Round Ever. hah. Do you guys remember when you got your purple heart? if so tell the story, oh and ok I know karkand is a pretty cool level in all, but I'm sick of it being in map rotations so much, I've clocked like 20 more hours there than anyother map and I dont even like it that much./end rant
Gunny_Prixxon
+0|6682|atlanta
easy - I was DRUNK and next thing I know, drums are a tapping and bugles a bugling and I have my purple heart.   Funny - 18 months in Afghanistan and I never came close and now this...
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary
Simple.........knife bagdes........the hard way
[Valhalla]iMac_Attack
+2|6730|Houston, Texas

ModestFire wrote:

So I just got my first purple heart and feel like shit. Worst Round Ever. hah. Do you guys remember when you got your purple heart? if so tell the story, oh and ok I know karkand is a pretty cool level in all, but I'm sick of it being in map rotations so much, I've clocked like 20 more hours there than anyother map and I dont even like it that much./end rant
I have 4. hahah, i wear my proudly.
Mushroomcar
I L0v3 C4k3
+18|6689|Sweden
I got it once in karkand, i wanted one in my stats:)
ozzie_johnson
+98|6627|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
hahah never gotin one
D3V1L15H4N63L
+0|6662
I was playing Iron Gator the MEC Special Forces took over the Viewing deck and took the helicopters. and no matter where I went I was either spawn killed or killed by the helicopter attacking the hangar bay fore. That was the sadest round ever.
AuSFinN
+1|6658
I was trying for quite a few games. I think i seriously screwed up my K/D ratio trying! lol.

Its good now, but i wont attemp it again.
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6727|Longueuil
i'll try to avoid geting that but when i tryed my knife badge i almost got it ouff close call
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6649|Broadlands, VA
I remember it clearly - I was so proud!  Told my kid and he just looked at me.  I thought it was cool.  I think it's a sign that you're in there, slugging it out and doing what needs to be done.

Last edited by Kaosdad008 (2006-02-08 09:30:37)

ModestFire
+0|6659
Hah, well thanks for your stories guys, but I know how you mean where like everywhere you spawn your dead, or you try something really stupid and just die or your running and get picked off by a sniped. When I got it I was a squad leader and I had probably 2 other squads chasing me down finally get out of there sight and then boom picked off by a sniper.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA
i got mine in sharqi on purpose. i thought it would look good next to my Good Conduct Medal.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
KristianSax
+0|6694
One night i was also blasted and played on a large server with half the players ... i managed to get like 30+ deaths, well as far as i remember there was a kick ass pilot who almost always knew where i was ... the gag of it was that i was so plastered i could not get 5 kills to be eligible for a purple hear At some point in the game I even strived for it ... but to no avail
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

It must have been so traumatic that I must have repressed it.
Oh wait, that's right,
I DON'T HAVE ONE!! HA HA HAA!!

Edit: on a serious note, a mate of mine got his while playing 'Dodge the Buggy" with another one of my mates on the same team. He already had the five kills, but wasn't great at dodging the buggy.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-02-08 15:12:35)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6714
I swore I would never get one...but me and a few clanmembers started TKing each other in a server with only a few guys in it.  Its the only time I've TKed on purpose.  It was kinda fun, even though it was pointless...then all of a sudden I heard that damn drumroll...what a stupid move on my part.
Flyboy63
+8|6674|South Australia

Superslim wrote:

Simple.........knife bagdes........the hard way
QFT

btw, im not sure what all the fuss is about getting a purple heart. My understanding is in real life its issued for being wounded in action. And I played for 5 mths before I got awarded 2 purple hearts in one night trying for my expert knife.

To me, a purple heart indicates guts & determination as i'd never been awarded one before but then I'd never had the guts to try spending a whole round running round with nothing but a knife in my hand. I also wasnt conscious of the fact I'd been killed so many times during the round so I was surprised when the medal came up, but then I was concentrating on getting my medal, not on how many times I'd been killed. But getting the medal changed the whole way I view it, in view of what I was trying to do at the time, & I now see it as something to be proud of rather than something to despise.

As a result, likewise whenever I see another players stats now & I see they have the purple heart, whereas I once used to laugh at them, I now look at them as someone who obviously doesnt hide behind a tank the whole round but as likely someone who has balls & is prepared to continually stick his neck out regardless of how many times he's killed, whether hes doing for himself to achieve a medal or badge, or whether hes doing for his team (as in a medic whos just continually running around reviving).

Bottom line is, the purple heart is something I respect, not ridicule.

Last edited by Flyboy63 (2006-02-08 19:22:48)

xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6667
yeah the round when i got my purple sucked...wait a minute? I DON'T HAVE IT!
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6649|Broadlands, VA
Damn - got my second.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard