Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6731|Singapore
Whats the requirements anyway? Is there any laser surgery out there to cure short sighteness? I have almost 600 on my right eye and 450plus on my left.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834
I know The Eyes is a big deal to them Look into that End 1st. good luck to you !
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6731|Singapore

Horseman 77 wrote:

I know The Eyes is a big deal to them Look into that End 1st. good luck to you !
Hmm what do ya mean?
CANADIAN_rocker
+0|6743|CANADA
to be a fighter pilot, u gotta just be yourself and just gotta be confadent and u dont need a certain skill, but u do gotta trust ur eye sight.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6731|Singapore
But i am wearing glasses already. I have heard of people going to fly a jet when they wore glasses before they entered. Yeah i am really determined to become a pilot.
shaggyp
+1|6721|Florida
i'm just guessing that you mean the u.s. air force.  the vision requirements are 20/40 uncorrected in both eyes.  you could possibly get a waiver, but it's highly unlikely.  the only other option for you really is a procedure called prk.  i believe it stands for photo refractive keratotomy (someone please correct me if i'm wrong).  it's the only vision correcting procedure accepted by the air force as it does not require an incision.  an incision could possibly rupture in case of a rapid decompression, hence the issue.  if you're dead set on being a pilot, check into it.  otherwise, there's always navigator.  hope this helps.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
u cant make it, sry ur vision isnt good enough. if it was 300 on both eyes than ok
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
CANADIAN_rocker
+0|6743|CANADA
i think i have good vision ... I am Canadian and my point is that people go through alot of f**king hard work to become a fighter pilot here...and i wanna become a fighter pilot like my dad
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6685|UK
I also want to be a pilot, but my eyes suck too, hopefully I'll get them fixed within the next few years. Laser Sugery on them bitches
DocZ
+13|6685|Belgium
so, let me get this straight....  You want to be a fighter pilot, probably because your good at flying in BF...(hope not)...

Besides having extreme good eyesight, you need to have exceptional hand eye coordination, being able to keep your head cool, math skillz, super stamina, etc..... 

My uncle was a fighter pilot, he said was quite a rigorous training
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6707|Sweden
I prefer being a civilian pilot, but my eyes suck. And also i'll have to pay something like 20000$ (In swedish) for the training, and course, i can get that kinda money but im not rich and im not even 18 yet. ROBBERY!
Stags
+26|6653
You could go to their site and check it there.  They have all the sight/hight/weight requirements listed, just google search it.

I didn't get in, but if i did I wouldn't be playing BF2 now would I lol.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6731|Singapore
Whats a navigator? A guy who plans the flight course of the pilot?
Ryan
+1,230|6840|Alberta, Canada

2.9GHz
1GB of RAM
And a realistic video card.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6699
Well in the RAF you HAVE to have 20/20 my brother is in it. But you don't have to fly to be in the air force at all, they need gunners and logistica and stuff like that.

Pity you don't want to be in the SEALS or SAS because they pay for laser surgery if you don't have 20/20.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834
Read the previous posts where Dshack and assorted morons stated Bush was dumb becuase only assholes were jet pilots, I believe they stated It was like teaching a monkey to juggle. I went head to head with assorted defective types for weeks over that. Good luck can you get it ( vison ) corrected " laser surgery " maybe ? Tell em fuck you I can see fine etc..
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834

DocZ wrote:

so, let me get this straight....  You want to be a fighter pilot, probably because your good at flying in BF...(hope not)...

Besides having extreme good eyesight, you need to have exceptional hand eye coordination, being able to keep your head cool, math skillz, super stamina, etc..... 

My uncle was a fighter pilot, he said was quite a rigorous training
where were all you guys in my post ( Jet Pilots Smart or Stupid ) Dshak said "its a Skill set, like teaching a monkey to juggle " man i fought those Bozos tooth and nail for weeks.
CANADIAN_rocker
+0|6743|CANADA
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6680|Stillwater, Ok
Well first off you have to have a bachelors degree....NO EXCEPTION.

*20/20 uncorrected for a fighter pilot   20/45 or something like that for navigator.
Also you have to pass a depth perception test and a color blindness test.  If you fail these your out of luck.

To be a fighter pilot you usually have to go before the board of that squadron and go through one hell of an interview.  They will ask you questions like "If your in training and your wife says she can't take it anymore will you quit or continue?"  They will test your devosion, you definately need to be confident but not cocky.  Showing respect to the board is a huge thing and your posture is another.  Talk mostly to the guy who asks you the question and talk to them in their eyes, everynow and then look to the others while speaking as well to let them know that your acknowledging them as well.

Also there is a test you will need to take called the AFOQT (Air Force Officer Qaulification Test).  This thing is not easy at all I am talking just about as hard if not harder than the ACT and SAT.  It also lasts just as long.  For you to be almost gaurenteed acceptance you need an 88 which is what the average is for the AF Academy on that test.

Another thing that helps is if you are enlisted at this point becuase they know that helps when officers make decisions.  Like me I work on the planes weapons system for the F-16 and the pilots at my base know who I am and what kind of work I do.  Me being young and having 20/20 uncorrected is definately on my side.  Most the pilots also like me and know that i show alot of respect but still joke with them too. 

Another biggie is to already have your private pilots liscence....you want just enough hours to keep liscenced but not many more. Civilians develop habits that the military doesnt like and don't want to train against these.  After all this you then need to be prepared for Officer Training School followed by 6 months flying a Trainer Jet.  At this point if your still qualified to fly fighters they will send your to another 6 months flying the T-38 followed by another year learning whatever Jet your going to fly.  If you aren't cut out for fighters you will be sent to flying heavies if you wish. Those being C-130's, C-5's, etc.

Its not easy to do but it help ALOT if you have connections.

Last edited by 2ndLt.Tucker (2006-02-07 16:00:48)

Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6731|Singapore
Why do u need the colour blindness test anyway? I am red-green colour blind:( But i still can train myself to distinguise colours.
Gunny_Prixxon
+0|6709|atlanta

Ayumiz wrote:

Why do u need the colour blindness test anyway? I am red-green colour blind:( But i still can train myself to distinguise colours.
sorry mate, they have tests that distinctly test for someone who has trained themselves to pass that part of the test. I understand the test because I take it every year with the U.S. Marines.  Different instruments are colored for nightime and we can't have you not seeing them.  I don't know the percentage of people who want to be air farce pilots versus the number who get accepted.  Be a Marine and be happy!
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6731|Singapore
I have only colour blindness:( Do they take in people who have colour blindness for a navy chef or some ground pounding soldier?
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6680|Stillwater, Ok
Lol i can tell you from experience what most the colors in the Aircraft are.  Green, Red, Yellow, Amber, and yes normal white light.  But here is the thing all the weapons displays, weapons options, guidance systems etc. are in green becuase its the easiest to see.  The red is there to grasp your attention on major malfunctions and amber are warning lights.  Yellow is only on the ejection seat handle.  The point is they don't want someone who is color blind to misinterpret an instrument or reading as something else.  If your color blind in any sort of way then being a fighter pilot is out of the question. You might be able to fly cargo planes though.  Also most of our runways at night have blue, red, and green to outline landing areas and such.  Its a safety issue.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6731|Singapore
Rofl cargo planes haha. Hey btw i am able to see between red and orange, green and yellow as yellow being the brighter colour and blue. So must they use the number test?lol
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Ayumiz wrote:

Rofl cargo planes haha. Hey btw i am able to see between red and orange, green and yellow as yellow being the brighter colour and blue. So must they use the number test?lol
ull still fail. Btw, how good is ur math?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard