CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6796
Do you guys think that when you kill someone in an armored vehicle or helicopter or jet or something, that it should be worth the same as a kill done on foot?  I mean, lately I've been seeing people posting up and staying in armored vehicles and such and they just spank everyone.  Perhaps a kill on foot should be worth three points?

I don't know, just a thought.
Ludwig
+1|6805
yes, good idea.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX
That might be interesting. Though I wouldn't make it as much. Kills on foot are definitely more dangerous and harder to achieve but not everyone is in vehicles and they do have to move about. Also some vehicles get much much less kills than other vehicles. Taking out a vehicle may be a little harder but not that much really. If I were to make the points different I wouldn't make Infantry kills any more than 2 points and Vehicle kills more than 1 point. But not 3:1.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6847|Australia
i dont think its all that unfair a foot person should get more for killing a tank/apc but then if theres 2 people in it you get 2 kills? so its all good and well as for cars a rocket man can kill them easy tho for air assets thats a different story
so damm hard to kill and they kill you so easy
specially bomb jets
CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6796

kilroy0097 wrote:

If I were to make the points different I wouldn't make Infantry kills any more than 2 points and Vehicle kills more than 1 point. But not 3:1.
Wait, kills in vehicles are only one point?  I was talking about 3:2, but if kills in vehicles are already only one point, then nevermind. 
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX

CinnamonBits wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

If I were to make the points different I wouldn't make Infantry kills any more than 2 points and Vehicle kills more than 1 point. But not 3:1.
Wait, kills in vehicles are only one point?  I was talking about 3:2, but if kills in vehicles are already only one point, then nevermind. 
Well each kill you get is still worth the same amount of points regardless of how or what you are in when you kill them. A kill is a kill. A kill from Armor against an infantry unit is still one kill. A kill from an infantry against a Vehicle is still one kill depending on the number of passengers in the vehicle.

I thought you were saying that when an Infantry unit kills a vehicle that the kill should be worth more due to the difficulty of taking out a vehicle while on foot. Misunderstood.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Faith +1
+1|6815|Arizona

CinnamonBits wrote:

Do you guys think that when you kill someone in an armored vehicle or helicopter or jet or something, that it should be worth the same as a kill done on foot?  I mean, lately I've been seeing people posting up and staying in armored vehicles and such and they just spank everyone.  Perhaps a kill on foot should be worth three points?

I don't know, just a thought.
If your in a tank or anything armor it should take 2 hits with a guy with anti tank gun.

*Edit- Fixed engwrish*

Last edited by Faith +1 (2005-09-26 01:04:56)

CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6796

kilroy0097 wrote:

I thought you were saying that when an Infantry unit kills a vehicle that the kill should be worth more due to the difficulty of taking out a vehicle while on foot. Misunderstood.
I was talking about infantry soldiers killing in general, not just killing vehicles.  Whether it be infantry killing infantry, or infantry killing vehicle.  I mean, I was just getting it out there because of what I see happen when people don't step out of their vehicles.  I don't know what the situation would be if a vehicle killed a vehicle or an infantry killed a vehicle, I was just spewing.

Last edited by CinnamonBits (2005-09-26 01:40:39)

McCullough
+7|6839
A knife kill should be worth 3 points those kills are relative hard to preform so why shouldnt the aknife kill be worth 3 points...
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6842|Missoula, MT
I think it should be calculated by difficulty.  The kit you use vs. kit they had.  Was their health bar at full or did you have an assist.  How was your accuracy with the kill.  And yeah, knife/shock paddles = 3! 
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

CMDR_Dave wrote:

I think it should be calculated by difficulty.  The kit you use vs. kit they had.  Was their health bar at full or did you have an assist.  How was your accuracy with the kill.  And yeah, knife/shock paddles = 3! 
I'm with Dave here. But until EA gets that complicated with scoring, I guess one point per kill is fair...
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6782|Alabama Coast, USA
Ok... I see some confusion here, hehe...

This is what I think is the case, and what the original poster believes as well...

1 Kill = 1 Kill
1 Kill = 2 Points

If you look at your score at the end of a round, it may be something like this...

Overall Score: 51
Teamwork: 25
Kills: 13

Kills (both vehicle and infantry) count as two points (probably because Kill assists count as 1 point, under teamwork).

So I think what the original poster was proposing was something more like this...

Kill Assist: 1 point (as is)
Kill from Vehicle: 2 points (as is)
Kill from Foot: 3 points (an "extra point")

It does make things more complex though...  so I'm guessing kills from mounted MGs or TOWs are still 2pts?  Or would a TOW be the same as on foot, because it's basically the same as the noob toob, except you HAVE to fire again from the same spot, or not fire at all... and you might get a HUMVEE with 1 hit.

If we're looking to rack points... I think the tripple-kill-points (that someone mentioned for knife and paddles) ought to go to a sniper with an M95, if hitting a pilot or chopper gunner...  I hit that *once*, hehe... kept trying and trying.  I hit the pilot (top/rear seat in an attack chopper), and it was real funny watching the chopper go out of control and start circling for a bit until the Gunner realized what was happening and hit F1.
Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6149|Estonia
good idea, should be in bf3

Last edited by Markooo*Est (2008-11-19 11:16:40)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|NÃ¥rvei

Please refrain from bumping topics.

Especially 3 year old topics ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard