Go Ducks.
+346|6509|Oregon
Go America!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6774|132 and Bush

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Looking through this thread I have seen "dodgy refs", "Mayweather runs like a bitch", "Americans suck at being fans because they don't sing", and "the Mafia involvement". I wanted to see a good fight with a clear winner. It was apparent by they eighth round that Hatton was falling into a trap. I admire Ricky's sportsmanship, if only his "superior" fans would follow suit.
I concede that Hatton got beat fair and square within the rules of boxing.  I concede that Hatton's gameplan failed and Mayweather's worked. I even concede that Mayweather was too good defensively for Hatton to trouble him BUT that does not mean I can not be subjective about the fight.  The referee did spoil it a little, it may well be biaised but virtually everybody involved in boxing aid the ref had a bad night.  On a point of the fans, I just don't see the point of winning or taking part if you don't have fun doing it. 

Personally the fight wasn't UK vs USA anyway as for me it was more man of the people vs arrogant twat.  The man next door against the privelleged snob.  Homer vs Monty Burns if you like.  To put it another way, if it has been a likeable American against a British cock like Prince Nasim I would be supporting the American.
Fair enough. Most top fighters have a problem with running their mouth. It's part of the I can't be beat mentality, it creates mental toughness. Muhammad Ali really popularized it and Ricky is one of the exceptions. The media for the fight was playing on the difference between the two fighters, and if you listen to the post fight interviews you will see that both fighters respected each other.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard