NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6696|Everett, WA, US
Just a quick question:  When the BF2 stats feed is restored are we going to see a huge jump in our stats graph, or will it show us what we earnd in the past few days?
Chillay-14
+21|6704
Baha good question i recon over the days but meh u neva noe
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6760|cairns australia

Chillay-14 wrote:

most intelligent reply i have ever seen on this forum.

from a chimpanzee with a keyboard
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6873|North Texas
You'll see a spike. Everyone will be haXoRS! (unless you didn't play)
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6831|Portland, OR, USA

The graphs are all generated here. Search around and you'll find that the graphs are made by seeing when getting new data for a player, if the last data point in the graphs is over 24 hours old, then the new data is inserted into the graphs.

If you don't visit your profile page in order to get your stats updates, then your graphs don't update either. This is the same kinda thing.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6800|Noizyland

Pokerplaya, zing!

It's the feed from EA that's down at BF2S, (I've seen my current stats on some other lesser BF2 stats website,) so it will be gradual as it always is.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
midgetspy
+3|6854
Well it won't really be a jump since the graph just connects the last 2 points with a straight line, so the line will have approx. the same slope as the rest of your graph, just with fewer dots on it.

Nic
DeadJim
+19|6774|Valencia, California

midgetspy wrote:

Well it won't really be a jump since the graph just connects the last 2 points with a straight line, so the line will have approx. the same slope as the rest of your graph, just with fewer dots on it.

Nic
Yer most likely only half right - The Timeline on BF2s stats graphs are is not linear.  Therefore, during an outage - those 2 points you mention will reflect more time than other points in the field.

My stats for example, on the timeline (X), major tics are about 7.5 days apart - except for the time between Nov 17 and Dec 4 (Special Forces deployment).  There was a long outage, and the time between Major tics is more like 19 days.

Although my SPM has gradually been increasing - it seems to jump during that outage - it didn't... just fewer days are reflected.

Bottom line - if you only check stats once a week - and we're out for a week - you won't see a spike.  If you check daily, and we're down for a week.. yer gonna see a weird spike in the trend.

This has always bothered me, actually...  I kinda wish the graph was linear - its a simple parameter on that control, and it would be far more telling and 'acurate' in my mind.
death_reaper
+0|6681

pokerplaya wrote:

Chillay-14 wrote:

most intelligent reply i have ever seen on this forum.

from a chimpanzee with a keyboard
good one im sure my 5 yer old sister could spell better than that idiot
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6846|Belgium

death_reaper wrote:

good one im sure my 5 yer old sister could spell better than that idiot
So, your 5 year old sister is more gifted than you are?

death_reaper wrote:

Yaeh But How Komow With Ea

death_reaper wrote:

Jets That Cant Get Shot Down My Its Machine Gun Yet Rockets Hit It And Does Nothing
R

Last edited by =Robin-Hood= (2006-02-07 18:27:40)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6867|Cologne, Germany

yeah, well, whatever....
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6873|"Frisco"

DeadJim wrote:

Although my SPM has gradually been increasing - it seems to jump during that outage - it didn't... just fewer days are reflected.

This has always bothered me, actually...  I kinda wish the graph was linear - its a simple parameter on that control, and it would be far more telling and 'acurate' in my mind.
Both items that I am working on fixing. (Actually, i have fixed this in one sense, but on a different -- more interesting -- graph that isn't released yet. I'm still working toward fixing it on the overall graph.)

However, the answer is "YES" you will see a 'jump' in your table -- won't be as bad as the last one, but it'll be there till I fix the date skipping.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard