{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6710|th3 unkn0wn

Braddock wrote:

konfusion wrote:

They probably didn't think they had much time, and took whatever they saw first. I dunno...

-konfusion
Yeah I suppose but it would have been easier to take the PSP, PS3 and iPod than the laptop (they were right next to each other too) ...and leaving cash in note form is just bizarre. They also were there long enough to destroy three doors and check every single drawer in the house. It's weird.
Maybe somebody startled them so they grabbed the closest smallest valuable item they saw before legging it?

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2007-12-07 15:31:15)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

They didn't break into your place to steal expensive stuff, mainly to just get you to buy a new window and some doors, as well as having to clean up and reorganize your drawers

Oh I just remembered a Robin Williams joke. "We had gay burglars break in last night, they came in and rearranged the furniture."
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6710|th3 unkn0wn

Braddock wrote:

My house got burgled this evening...

I came home about 4.30pm today to discover my back window smashed in, I immediately began scanning the rest of the house and slowly realised my house had been ransacked ...or so I had thought. My flatmates had had their doors smashed in (my door was the only one not locked) and every drawer in the house had been pulled out and rifled through. The thing is they only took one shitty laptop from my flatmate's room; I'd say the laptop has a resale value of about €100, if you were lucky.

They decided not to take €600 in cash, a PS3, a PSP, an iPod, passports, mobile phones, four DVD players, a 32" flat screen TV, three desktop computers, over 2000 DVDs, a shitload of xmas presents (all neatly wrapped and in bags), an original Fender guitar, an electric double bass, a fretless Ibanez bass, a 6 string Washburn bass, a Trace Elliot bass amp and a load of concert tickets.

What the hell were they playing at? Me and my flatmates are really confused as to why someone would go to such trouble only to make off with an unsellable laptop. Any suggestions or conspiracy theories?
All that valuable shit and you live in a flat?!?!
IRONCHEF
+385|6492|Northern California

Braddock wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Also...

The cops have told us not to touch anything until the C.S.I. guys get here, probably tomorrow morning. So we're not supposed to clear the shit off our beds to sleep in them tonight. Anyone out there think that's a bit ridiculous after an already traumatic day? ..Looks like I'm sleeping on the couch tonight.
lol, that's a joke.  the next day to lift prints and leave their dust all over your furniture and carpet?  you must have asked for printing to be done..because normally that's fruitless..especially when there's 4 college age guys living in a place and presumed traffic from friends.  What possible good is it to get prints?
...I suppose only to run prints through the system and see if anyone with some priors shows up. They better be done in plenty of time for us to get ready for Hatton Vs. Mayweather tomorrow night though!
Bah, cops should know that in identification rings, the guys in charge of gathering data items aren't on file (have priors and therefore prints).  And gathering prints is useless because they're not exactly going to compare them with your flatmates...and everyone you've ever had in the house..so as to have unidentified prints.

Usually cops dust and "try" to get good prints as a gesture to the victim to make them think they're going to catch the baddies.  Unfortunately they just put all this on a document and file it.

But hey!  If they catch a burglar, and you've given the police good, detailed information about what was stolen, and the burglar still has possession of items (which they don't because they're smart enough to dump them quick), it is possible to join others in a lawsuit against the burglar...but you'll never get your stuff back.

....grrrr...i hate burglars...it'd be nice to be a vigilante with no personal life (family to put at risk), and track and catch those guys.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6710|th3 unkn0wn

Braddock wrote:

konfusion wrote:

They probably didn't think they had much time, and took whatever they saw first. I dunno...

-konfusion
Yeah I suppose but it would have been easier to take the PSP, PS3 and iPod than the laptop (they were right next to each other too) ...and leaving cash in note form is just bizarre. They also were there long enough to destroy three doors and check every single drawer in the house. It's weird.
It's strange they went only for the laptop...as if they were perhaps after that and only that. There must be something of considerable importance on that "supposedly" worthless laptop they nicked.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6527|Milkystania, yurop
Hey if u buy me a plane ticket i will come over and steal everything that isent nailed to the floor.....BUT i will leave you a guinness and a bottle of whiskey
bennisboy
+829|6647|Poundland
Insurance fraud
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

IRONCHEF wrote:

Braddock wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

lol, that's a joke.  the next day to lift prints and leave their dust all over your furniture and carpet?  you must have asked for printing to be done..because normally that's fruitless..especially when there's 4 college age guys living in a place and presumed traffic from friends.  What possible good is it to get prints?
...I suppose only to run prints through the system and see if anyone with some priors shows up. They better be done in plenty of time for us to get ready for Hatton Vs. Mayweather tomorrow night though!
Bah, cops should know that in identification rings, the guys in charge of gathering data items aren't on file (have priors and therefore prints).  And gathering prints is useless because they're not exactly going to compare them with your flatmates...and everyone you've ever had in the house..so as to have unidentified prints.

Usually cops dust and "try" to get good prints as a gesture to the victim to make them think they're going to catch the baddies.  Unfortunately they just put all this on a document and file it.

But hey!  If they catch a burglar, and you've given the police good, detailed information about what was stolen, and the burglar still has possession of items (which they don't because they're smart enough to dump them quick), it is possible to join others in a lawsuit against the burglar...but you'll never get your stuff back.

....grrrr...i hate burglars...it'd be nice to be a vigilante with no personal life (family to put at risk), and track and catch those guys.
Au contraire...

My flatmate got burgled in a previous residence and they caught the guy ...and he still had most of the possessions ...and he got done, think he ended up inside for it.

The cops apparently have one of the highest success rates in our area for catching burglars ...I'd be scepticle though.
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6221|cs_connecticut‬‭

Braddock wrote:

They decided not to take €600 in cash, a PS3, a PSP, an iPod, passports, mobile phones, four DVD players, a 32" flat screen TV, three desktop computers, over 2000 DVDs, a shitload of xmas presents (all neatly wrapped and in bags), an original Fender guitar, an electric double bass, a fretless Ibanez bass, a 6 string Washburn bass, a Trace Elliot bass amp and a load of concert tickets.
Wow.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

It was Muslims.
lol
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6494|Connecticut

Braddock wrote:

I came home about 4.30pm today to discover my back window smashed in, I immediately began scanning the rest of the house and slowly realised my house had been ransacked ...or so I had thought. My flatmates had had their doors smashed in (my door was the only one not locked) and every drawer in the house had been pulled out and rifled through. The thing is they only took one shitty laptop from my flatmate's room; I'd say the laptop has a resale value of about €100, if you were lucky.

What the hell were they playing at? Me and my flatmates are really confused as to why someone would go to such trouble only to make off with an unsellable laptop. Any suggestions or conspiracy theories?
If anyone is confused its me. How many fucking bass players live in one apartment? Every band trying to get started needs a decent bass player and apparently they are all living in your place.
Malloy must go
Zukabazuka
+23|6687
I suggest you lock the door next time. But still that he didn't take the 600€ is really strange. He would be able to survive a few weeks on that.

You really are lucky you didn't lose so much on that.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6464|Tyne & Wear, England
Maybe it's someone who you pissed off in the local, or in the past sometime.  And rather that stealing everything, they just wanted to make a point?
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6777|UK

Braddock wrote:

.... to discover my back window smashed in...
They raped you too?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

If anyone is confused its me. How many fucking bass players live in one apartment? Every band trying to get started needs a decent bass player and apparently they are all living in your place.
I own all the basses, my flatmate owns the fender guitar.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
Drunk burglars...  REALLY drunk burglars....
Lai
+186|6152
It were the Sídhe, you´ll probably find a lamenting lady in the park tommorow
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker

stryyker wrote:

Laptops are the holy grail of personal information, if they were that smart.
I agree with this assessment.  Account info and such for identity theft.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland
If they even laid a finger on any of those guitars i would come help you find them...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard