Sparky13
+1|6756
Same thing happens to me, tried for 4 hours on Karkand and whenever i would get close enough to knife them they would use their F2000 GL/ M203/ GP-30 and kill me but not themselves when i am right next to them.  I was going for expert and the most i had was 15 and a couple of 10's.  gained over 100 knife kills in those 4 hours but not the expert badge yet.
kiries
+4|6731|monastery of funk
i got veteran and basic at the sam time after that i went on a 34/64 wake island server and kicked butt all you have to do is capture airfield they spawn no beach hide near that crashed airoplane ifthey see you you dolphin dive for cover or you can be like me and dolphin dive at them
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6802|Arizona
I finally got my Expert knife about a week and a half ago.  All suggestions here have helped me one way or another.  Best advise I can personaly give tho...is strategy.  See who has what spawn points, make the best guess to where u think the enemy will go. 
Like, if u MEC on Sharqi, and your team just took the City ent, you know the majority of US forces gonna spawn from the Survailance Post and head towards your newly acquired spawn.  Move around the side towards the Post, and double back behind them all...take em out from behind, works like a charm.
MrBrain
+24|6726|Finland
Weee! Finally I got my basic knife at sharqi yesterday! I even finnished the round with a positive K/D, had 13:7 when I got the badge and tried to get more knife kills but ended up at 14:11. Never been so satisfied over a badge as this one.
Thank you all for the great hints, here's how I got the badge:
-map: sharqi penesula (64) with 50 players and 300 tickets
-played as a medic (long stamina) at MEC
-sneaked around in the construction site and on the first flag from the left
-when I got near enough I sprinted and jumped and dived at the enemy feets, one hit in the heel and they die
-was no big difference from behind, they just turn around when u got near.

I think diving+sprinting+medic was the key here, could heal myself after each kill (if I survived), and since I hung around the left flag (don't remember the name) nearest to MEC bases I got many flag captures as well. Ended up with an overall score at 45 (6th) with a positive K/D, pretty satisfied of that when I "missed" a lot of easy kills

Last edited by MrBrain (2006-01-23 23:04:51)

Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6711|Moscow, Russia
Basic and veteran are damn easy. I'm going for an expert now. Play a 64 Karkand as MEC. Flank the US forces and stab them in a back. Later in a round when they capture hotel and go for square it's even easier to get behind them and get stabbin'.
When on a knife fight: Don't let your opponent out of your view. Defend with bunnyhopping and attack with dolphindiving. It's as simple as that.
mpec82
+-1|6757
i've got my basic knife on wake, try there, there are a lot of snipers
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6746
all i do is dolphin dive at the mofo's and go for the shins lol other than that go karkand and get on the roof just oposite to the hotel you know the one by the ally way then just wait right up close to the ladder then when one pops there head up stab away my friend i got my 18kinfe kills IAR on karkand while i was commander on a 20man server man they where pissed at me i got called a haxzor a n00b a cheat a stat pad you name it only one bloke was like just exept he knifed you, or just let one see you let them off load all the bullets in the wall behind and you and stab stab stab another fav of mine is n00bs find a n00b that will only GL when he fires it or u c him jump then while he reloads stab stab stab, i am finding pistol harder than knife though

longest sentance EVER
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6788
I tried yesterday to get my knife batch, 3 rounds karkland with 6 kills, so close yet so far away.
got the vet medic with 10 heal points but it does not show in my stats, i find this medic with 10 heals hard to get.
deevo
+0|6690
dude the easiet way to get knife badge is wait at the top of ladders on roof tops if u can manage to get up before any one else get ur knife out lay facing the ladder wait till someone comes up as soon as they get to the top of ladder  swing it at his head lol works a treat
Rizen_Ji
+41|6771|200m out and smiling at you.
i got mine the other day without bunny hopping/dolphin diving.... i felt special.

i went on sharqi (32) went as USMC medic and ran out to the first MEC uncap from the city entrance and went to town and just sprinted around knifing everyone in sight.

also a good method is jumping ppl capping flags, usually they're prone and looking straight ahead of themselves so just give them a good stop from above
Nabbler
+0|6690
Expert knife isn't impossible. If you can't get it the first time, then that means you aren't ready. I got it because I was simply good enough at the time. Now I never use my knife.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6746
i forever use my knife its a one hit kill! plus it really piss's people off

my new thing to piss people of, shock paddles
SonOfUncleSam
+0|6699|Ohio
When I was getting my vet knife badge I was pissing a whole lot of people off. I hit one guy right in the face with a knife and it did nothing, though it should've because it looked like it went right in his eye. But people were saying "God you noob, you must really want that knife badge". It makes me mad when you pull out your knife and try to stab someone and they turn around and shoot you. But it really suprises me when they take a knife and try back.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6690|Westminster, Colorado
Me and a couple of friends created a squad called the Knifedudes.  We have fun trying to see how many knife kills we can muster each round.  Knifing people is a mindset.  It's easy to come up behind someone and shoot them in the back, I prefer to press 1 and add a little fun to the mix.  I did get my expert badge on Warlord in the palace (20 knife kills in a round).  It helped having another clan member there to aid in the knife fest (he had 12).  The best way I can tell you is to find someone not looking at you.  Follow them until they run out of stamina or go prone to shoot at someone.  Jump on their back and give em a swift knife.  Yes I may die more than most, but knifing someone is always fun.  One of our members got 168 knife kills in a weekend, so racking up the knife stats is not impossible. 

Also, if I see a sniper lying there, I don't just shoot him right away.  I sneak around back of him, crawl up beside him and knife him in the face. 

Press 1 to kill.

Here is my expert badge:
https://knifedudes.net/gallery2/d/489-2/screen113.jpg

http://bf2s.com/player/32432684/

Last edited by terrafirma (2006-02-08 10:22:48)

Shin_Seffron
+2|6689
I too struggled to get any knife kills IAR, but one day i managed to get my basic my camping near an enemy base (really sorry, but what could i do?!) kept asking for UAV and the commander didnt respond so when he left i  took his place and used my new found enemy spotting devices to aid me (again, sorry guys but it really HAD to be done...)
after obtaining basic i had exactly 50 knife kills.... so the next day i tried for Veteran and got it! This time i didnt have to camp or be the commander because we actually had a commander who helps you hen asked!
For my final kill for Veteran Knife I was sneaking up on someone when someone else spawned on him, plus a TANK showed up! fortunately i managed to dodge all the tanks shells, and the enemy actually got his knife out for a showdown.

I dont normally camp or anything i mentioned here, but for the knife badge its helpful!
My advice is to go on a 64 player server thats practically empty as theres more tickets and so a longer game
surprisingly for both basic and veteran i came out of the round with a positive K/D ratio!

Patience is the key, and making sure the enemy is facing the other way!
It also helps if people are SPORTING and get their knife out if they see you with one - theres nothing more IRRITATING than missing with the knife and have your opponent jump around only to kill you by firing a grenade at your feet....
n00b tubing...... sheesh

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard