Hyper
Banned
+154|6763
/me kicks an elf in the ear
DMFDxUconn
+8|6780|Kannapolis,North Carolina
I play em both and love em both. GGz. I love the weekly updates. And im at lvl 15 right now after a couple weeks of having the game. Not once have i spent time "running for 30 minutes doing nothing". 1 step out of town and theres plenty to fight. If you spend 30 minutes running around doing nothing, your a pussy, stop and fight like the Night Elf Hunter you are, biatch.
BeefnCheez
+0|6758
having a life  >  living in a basement
Lazy8s
+0|6668
Weekly patches, are you kidding me? Have you played WoW? I did since beta and weekly patches are a freakin joke. Bi-monthly maybe? MAYBE! And most of the stuff they add is not even accessable to 90% of their playerbase. You have to play 6-7 nights per week for 4+hrs at a time. I got to 60 on 2 toons and the rest of my account is 40+ before I quit and I have never been happier. I'm paying for the game and I want to play it when and how I please. Most of the WoW content starts at 60 and it's a part time job to see it. That's a game playing you.
Lazy8s
+0|6668

DMFDxUconn wrote:

I play em both and love em both. GGz. I love the weekly updates. And im at lvl 15 right now after a couple weeks of having the game. Not once have i spent time "running for 30 minutes doing nothing". 1 step out of town and theres plenty to fight. If you spend 30 minutes running around doing nothing, your a pussy, stop and fight like the Night Elf Hunter you are, biatch.
Get past level 30 and then say that. WoW is awesome till you get to about 30 then it slows and you wind up traveling the world. You're still at the point where you get good XP for turning a quest in. Once you hit about 25 you get more xp from the 10mobs you killed than the quest turn in. In your 40s you have to "Camp X site in badlands for 6 hours to get 4 drops then return for less than 2% XP". Believe me, with 2 epic geared 60s the game is 80% travel 20% doing something. Do you have any idea how long it takes to recruit 15 people for a small raid?
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6768
I still play both on a simi regular basis.  Honestly I much prefer BF2.

First, BF2 does not take a time requierment.  If I have 6 hours in game, and by best frined has 300 hours in game.  We can still joing the same squad and have fun togeather.  Sure hey may have more weapons avalible, but I might well still show him up.
In Wow he would have to make a new character so we are withing a small level range of one another.

WoW is much more of a time = reward game.  BF2 is much more of a skill = reward.   I consider myself resonably skilled in both wow, and BF2.  Yet I have only a few level 30 characters in wow, because I cannot stand killing the same thing the same way over and over and over and (x100000) untill I move up 3 levels, move over 10 feet in the zone, do the same thing again with a new mob.  in BF2 if you kill the same person the same way 100 times it makes for an interesting point of conversation on your favorit victem stat.
DMFDxUconn
+8|6780|Kannapolis,North Carolina

Lazy8s wrote:

DMFDxUconn wrote:

Get past level 30 and then say that. WoW is awesome till you get to about 30 then it slows and you wind up traveling the world. You're still at the point where you get good XP for turning a quest in. Once you hit about 25 you get more xp from the 10mobs you killed than the quest turn in. In your 40s you have to "Camp X site in badlands for 6 hours to get 4 drops then return for less than 2% XP". Believe me, with 2 epic geared 60s the game is 80% travel 20% doing something. Do you have any idea how long it takes to recruit 15 people for a small raid?
Im part of a guild, over 400 members. Never a problem getting help.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6819|The planet Tophet
whats WOW
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6756|St. Paul, MN
don' bring that shi' in hea'
you gonna get smacked.
besides ain' no pointy eared fool with a magic stick about to contest with me, i' cap that bitch wit my gat before he can say hokus pokus.

Bottom line: World of Warcraft requires a subscription fee so it loses by default.  That said, it's got way more places to base jump, but, it does not have cars, jets, jet-skiis, or cold steel-armored monsters with big guns. Well, it probably has cold armored monsters but they don't have anything on an Abrams.
Two games with totally different genres shouldn't be compared against each other, RPGs are a whole different spectrum to first persons.
Rathji
+1|6696
In a poll  of a first year computer science class containing well over 100 people, there were 5  people who either didnt play WoW or know someone that played WoW. There were over 40 who had never played BF2 or someone who played it.

Now these stats are not scientific, but they all polled the same number of nerds in a game independent forum.
liclongrin
+0|6667|China
The 2 games are quite different.
DU
+0|6668
BF2 is for fun.

WOW is for people who like clicking mouse buttons.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6713

DU wrote:

BF2 is for fun.

And which button do you use to shoot with?
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6743|Uhh... erm...

Skruples wrote:

DU wrote:

BF2 is for fun.

And which button do you use to shoot with?
Owned.

I like both games, BF2 for the adrenaline rush and the truly hilarious moments (I have many), WoW for the unlimited possibilities and even more truly hilarious moments.
Wargru
+0|6680|Norway
Jeeezz, even one more topic about this!? Another thread where were trying to piss eatch other off as mutch as possible!
Putting a "BF2 vs WoW" topic here, on this forums where most of the BF2 fans hang out, means that ofc BF2 will win, and make WoW players look like retards! This is the kind of thread that get HUNDRED'S of pages with no really point, just people flaming and complaining as long as possible, so u can be the last man standing at the end thinking; when the other ones give up I will win! And if u do last to the end, u will realise: Umm, whats the point of this? Omg i wasted my time!!

Try puting a tread like this at the WoW forums; the BF2 players will look like morons, and the Wow players will win (after a year with war on the forum)!..
People r different from eatch other, and will always have theyr own personal meanings etc.... Oh yea, one thing that everyone heard befor "It's not really wierd that its war in this world!".

Bah, what ever.. keep complaining! lol..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard