Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6439|Newcastle NSW Australia

SoC./Omega wrote:

Sure, but still, other countries nit-pick at America and I'm just tired of it. Worry about your own country and really, be honest, no country is perfect.
I'm sorry about picking on Finland, but some things just really piss me off when people pick on America for trying to help and do some good in this world.
We're not picking on you for doing good in the world. Just saying that you have problems that should have been fixed.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6379
Its sad, but true this is one of the prices we pay to have the firearm "freedom" that we do. What the news doesn't show you is all the crimes and lives saved everyday by honest people with firearms. Most of which are never reported. There are nut cases out there that will use whatever they can get their hands on to harm others. We really should be thankful they are not using cars or bombs as weapons as Catbox pointed out.

Don't depend on others to come to your rescue. As we always see in these cases, help never comes fast enough.
Be prepared to save you and yours!
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
SoC./Omega
+122|6531|Omaha, Nebraska!

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Its sad, but true this is one of the prices we pay to have the firearm "freedom" that we do. What the news doesn't show you is all the crimes and lives saved everyday by honest people with firearms. Most of which are never reported. There are nut cases out there that will use whatever they can get their hands on to harm others. We really should be thankful they are not using cars or bombs as weapons as Catbox pointed out.

Don't depend on others to come to your rescue. As we always see in these cases, help never comes fast enough.
Be prepared to save you and yours!
True, nice post.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6675|United States of America

Invaderzim wrote:

Stop defending your gun laws, they obviously don't work.
How so? I don't believe they were ever touted as a tool to prevent murder with firearms.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6427|Brisbane, Australia
Firearms don't kill people, people with firearms kill people.

Just make it you have to pass a exam/psychiatrist exam then i reckon you might loose a few nutcases with guns. Or get your cops to hold those borders and stop illegal gun trade.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6379
I don't think people should have to jump through a bunch of hoops to own a firearm. Its a right here, not a privilege. I think you are inncocent until proven guilty. Until you do something to prove you are a threat you should not be treated like one. Once you prove you are a threat you should be dealt with accordingly. Many of our criminals get off way to easy. Repeat offenders are a problem here and they shouldn't be - most of them should not get more chances. If our jails were not clogged with drug users we would have more space for the thieves and violent criminals.

The vast majority of people are good. Its the few bad apples that make everything more difficult for the honest. I don't think its right to punish everyone by making everything a hassle just because others cant get it right. Some people don't have the time, money or physical ability (health issues) to get concealed weapons permits, psychological examinations, background checks, etc. So they shouldn't have the right to defend themselves with the best tool available because they don't have the time or money? BS

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
CameronPoe
+2,925|6546

Machine_Madness wrote:

I'm not going to interfere with gun law arguments but that is one damn tired quote. Firearms don't kill people, people with firearms kill people, people without firearms find it far more difficult to kill people....
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6123|Carnoustie, Scotland

CameronPoe wrote:

Machine_Madness wrote:

I'm not going to interfere with gun law arguments but that is one damn tired quote. Firearms don't kill people, people with firearms kill people, people without firearms find it far more difficult to kill people....
"I didn't kill him, he ran into my bullets!/My bullets did!"
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6280|Éire

CameronPoe wrote:

Machine_Madness wrote:

We had a similar incident in Ireland a couple of years back ...oh no hang on, we didn't, we have very strict gun controls. My mistake.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6729|Omaha, Nebraska
A mall we frequent often.... pretty terrible...

Thanks to all the Federal cuts we have had the last few years Omaha has about lost all their mental health hospitals. The media gave this kid like others like him what they wanted... to be famous.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6591|132 and Bush

splixx wrote:

Thanks to all the Federal cuts we have had the last few years Omaha has about lost all their mental health hospitals.
Huh?.. Are you serious?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6729|Omaha, Nebraska
Yes we have lost some... I think the main one now is Immanual. Our main rehabs are gone as well the big ones that used to be around 5 or so years ago.

Most of these people just take to the streets. If someone wants to correct me please let post the hospitals you think support mental patients in Omaha. So who has been cutting all these programs? I think we can find that information on a easy search.
topthrill05
+125|6568|Rochester NY USA
Well I can tell you this much, if I wanted to I could call up someone and buy a gun illegally right now.

Thats the real issue here.
SoC./Omega
+122|6531|Omaha, Nebraska!

splixx wrote:

Yes we have lost some... I think the main one now is Immanual. Our main rehabs are gone as well the big ones that used to be around 5 or so years ago.

Most of these people just take to the streets. If someone wants to correct me please let post the hospitals you think support mental patients in Omaha. So who has been cutting all these programs? I think we can find that information on a easy search.
Cool, another Nebraskan on here. Ya, I don't see many mental hospitals anywhere.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6395|North Carolina
Apparently, the dumbass that did this wanted fame.  Why didn't the news stations just report what happened without mentioning his name or showing his face?  By fulfilling this guy's dying wish, other lunatics will try to replicate this, just like he was inspired by that Cho asshole.
Volatile
+252|6695|Sextupling in Empire

west-phoenix-az wrote:

I don't think people should have to jump through a bunch of hoops to own a firearm.
I think everyone that lives in west phoenix should be required by law to carry a firearm.

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Some people don't have the time, money or physical ability (health issues) to get concealed weapons permits, psychological examinations, background checks, etc. So they shouldn't have the right to defend themselves with the best tool available because they don't have the time or money? BS
I personally think that all gun owners should have to go through a class similar to the CCW(concealed carry weapons) permit class, as it provides the gun owner with info that really helps then to understand the state/government laws. It also teaches what you can and cannot do, and that most importantly you'll need to be able to convince a jury that your actions were justified, should an incident occur.

I don't want our country heading down the path of needing gun owners to meet certain criteria for the right to own a firearm, but in all honesty, I saw some individuals at my CCW class that I did not feel were mentally fit to be carrying a device that can end lives so easily.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6729|Omaha, Nebraska

SoC./Omega wrote:

splixx wrote:

Cool, another Nebraskan on here. Ya, I don't see many mental hospitals anywhere.
Yup... Add me to xfire Omega.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard