dracul
+2|6815
I nailed a guy earlier today on wake, with heli rockets.
Was coming in for a gun pass/ram and I took him the heck out.

About fell out of my chair.

On the other end, I have died to lucky tank shells when coming in to drop bombs.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6716

dracul wrote:

I nailed a guy earlier today on wake, with heli rockets.
Was coming in for a gun pass/ram and I took him the heck out.

About fell out of my chair.

On the other end, I have died to lucky tank shells when coming in to drop bombs.
I took out a jet that kept coming at me and my buddy (pilot) in a heli with the tv before,  and ofcourse right after I kill him he yells hacks. =/
ยป You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
colsey
+0|6663|Australia
But it's just so easy, jets are so predictable these days. Fly around a bit, come down for the bombing run in a straight line and fly off again. All you have to do is turn aim correctly and shot them in the underside of the plane. right under the cockpit works good i reckon. I got one the other day on, oilfields exactly how i just said.
bob_baur
+5|6778|UK
Easy to take out jets with a tank. Kubra Dam being the best, because of the elevation at certain points. Got a sweet one off going down the hill to the main MEC base on Kubra. Had a kamikaze pilot inbound bit of gun and a shell took care of his naughty intentions
BVC
+325|6702
I did it tonnes of times in 42 and I just recently did it in BF2 (Wake, ironicly), plane was coming straight at my tank and I thought "hmm, what if...." and next thing, BOOM!
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6731|Belgium
Shot a MIG with a tank one day, he was driving that damn thing over the runway.. I took one shot, and bang, game over for that sucker. "Planes are for flying, not driving" i wrote..haha, pissed him off..
Well, too bad for u asshole.. :-)
The Soup Nazi
+18|6794|North Lauderdale, FL
I got shot down by a tank a few days ago while flying a Mig.  Was flying straight in for a one-bomb kill and he knocked me right out of the sky.  T'was shocking, to say the least.

Then again...  I've been hit by supply crates and artillery a lot more than normal recently while flying, too.

Oh, and I love how if I pursue an enemy jet too closely and softly ram the back of their plane that I die without my plane blowing up...leaving them unscathed.  Classy.

Last edited by The Soup Nazi (2006-02-07 05:38:31)

Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6812|Portland, OR, USA

'Tis easy to do if the pilot is a noob. I did it the other day to a guy coming straight at me trying to machine gun me.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Octavarium
+1|6717
I fluked it a while back on Oman - the guys came over the runway to repair/bomb me, just as I stepped into the T-90.

My instant reaction was to pull the trigger as he was right in front of me, and BOOM!! no more plane!!
I2elik
+12|6759|Perth, Western Australia
Yet another fluke on Oman as well, this guy slowed down so much his F-35 was pretty much hovering, easy kill.
OpsChief
+101|6683|Southern California
@Justinian

lol I have done this several times to the amazement and gratitude of my team mates. Jets aren't that hard to hit but you need to set your controls up to be able to do it and find a sloped bit of terrain to get elevation. I have dueled tank v jet and usually lose but not always. Once I died 5 times but I finally got the poor bastard and his copilot. Moving fast at the jet and slightly to one side then veering or stopping, depending on the drop being long or short, when I see the ordnance drop/launch seems to be the best way to throw off targetting. If I have the angle I will take a shot just as the jet is dipping and headed back into the safe blue sky. If the jet stays low I will whip the turret around and take a parting shot with alot of lead added. 2 Hits - 1 kill (sometimes 2 kills) and the jockey has to go face the whoring TK pit back at his airbase. Hopefully my engineer machinegunner is popping rivets out of the airframe the whole time too. I should have taken screenshots of the numerous "WTF???" messages just after jolly johnny jet jock sees the elephant.

Usually taking out jets is a team effort - as a jet flies low after his bombing run if everyone takes a few potshots it will damage him. A good support soldier can knock a few points off. Any skilled vehicle gunners take out bigger bites and finally you get rewarded with the jet disassembling in mid-air.

This is no aimbot its just ballistics. While the probabilities are low its not all luck. This in no way reflects reality, I would never waste several $8,000 rounds on a 1:500 chance for bragging rights on the real battlefield.

It's all in good fun.....except the whoring TK pits.

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-02-07 09:13:43)

dracul
+2|6815
"afe blue sky. If the jet stays low I will whip the turret around and take a parting shot with alot of lead added."

do you mean the .con hack when you say "set up correctly"?
Because even a slow moving jet flies to fast for even the highest *legit* sensitivy to swerve around fast enough.
OpsChief
+101|6683|Southern California

dracul wrote:

"afe blue sky. If the jet stays low I will whip the turret around and take a parting shot with alot of lead added."

do you mean the .con hack when you say "set up correctly"?
Because even a slow moving jet flies to fast for even the highest *legit* sensitivy to swerve around fast enough.
lol drac, 

come on gimme a break m8, why would an old guy need to cheat the young ambitious noobs? I don't have anything tp prove. Not all jets attack at top speed, next the game controls you can set sensitivty scroll speed etc. etc..  If you are turning the hull and turret at the same time in the same direction you can easily beat the jet, try it. Having served in real tanks I didn't even need to tink about this it just came naturaly "Driver, Hard Right; Gunner, Traverse Right!" see how easy that was?.  The shot will be a long one and you may not even see it hit because it will be out of view.  But the kill showing up on the screen is very rewarding.

lol cheat codes lol 

you can't get any smarter if you let others do your thinking for you..........

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-02-07 10:12:04)

Havazn
+39|6701|van.ca
I blew my up my first plane with a tank yesterday on Kubra...however it was a complete accident. I was in a M1A2 going down the hill towards Intake and my friend on the opposite team came up in a chopper dead ahead of me. I aimed my barrel at the chopper and fired a shell. All of a sudden, a plane came out of nowhere and hit the shell and it blew up infront of the chopper. I nearly died of shock when i realized what just happened. Just then, the chopper turned upside down and crashed. I later found out my friend was laughing so hard he lost control of the chopper and flipped it.
(IOC)WhiteLion
+0|6727
I have shot down planes in bf2 many time. use your common sense, what does m95 desgin for? to kill pilot in cockpit isnt? so you tankers aim for cockpits it will kill them and I have done that many times. I also will be happy with next patch so I dont have to wait to aim at cockpit.
(B.T.)Blazed
+0|6716
I have shot jets down a couple of times with tanks in bf2.  I used to do it frequently in DC.  Its a little trickier in bf2 but by no means impossible.
x0pht
+0|6745
i've shot down an F35 once with a tank. choppers are not hard to be shot down, i've done it many times, im ok with the timing but the weird thing is im not good with the tanks against infantry.

i bet most of you havent been shot down in a jet by an AT rocket? yes i mean when you are flying. once i was J10'ing on wake, i flew by the chinese airfield to rearm, all of a sudden, my jet exploded. i got shot down by an AT guy who was camping at our base.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6763
I have done this a few times.  Once was fully by accedent.  I was firing at an enemy helo, apearently the jet decided the helo HAD to be saved and jumped in the way of the shell.  I think the reason most people always belive they miss is because a single tank shell will not destry a jet.  Why I do not know, putting just a fist sized hole into somthing that moves at the speed of sound should cause it to fall apart on it's own.   Yet that + explosive charg = run away to airbase in BF2.

I am actualy quite good at taking down choppers with jets.  It is rather like sniping IMO, I just don't do it all that often.  I don't like tanks, to easy to whore points from.
Psychotron
+0|6698
I was on Wake yesterday standing on the carrier as the enemy jet made another pass with his jet to destroy our aircraft. I fired my MG36 at him as he passes just for the hell of it ... the screen froze for maybe 2 seconds and when I get back to normal the jet is in a loop and flying crazy and I noticed it said I killed the pilot BEFORE the jet hit the water. For me to do that would be a terrific stroke of luck as he was full throttle screaming by. I chalk it up to a momentary lag issue that gave me a kill. Or IS it possible to penetrate the cockpit with the MG36?
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6751|St. Paul, MN
oh dang!!!!!!! Justinian you got smashed! You got smashed! {BAAAAAAMMM}!
BushRanger007
+1|6673
Been there done that, reality is that IRL it would not happen, it's just a game it does happen.
Smiley
+1|6664|Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Heres some screenies i pulled off demo recorder when i shelled a bomber in a match. Wish i was able to make a vid of it

http://www.ausbattlefield.com/uploader/ … een207.jpg
http://www.ausbattlefield.com/uploader/ … een263.jpg
http://www.ausbattlefield.com/uploader/ … een264.jpg
http://www.ausbattlefield.com/uploader/ … een265.jpg

Also have hit a fighter twice in pubs, and been shelled myself in a bomber
wrath2210
Web/h0mE
+0|6678
i take out the jets with tvs and normal chopper missles

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard