splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6731|Omaha, Nebraska
He has my vote...

Last edited by splixx (2007-12-05 18:48:46)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6654|USA

Ridir wrote:

Ok, well the only person you didn't really slam there was McCain so I want to hear your negative remarks for him too.  And no, I don't like a lot of the candidates but I would rather be stable then in a depression.

Alright, so once again where is the money going to come from to:
1. reduce and eventually eliminate the national debt
2. Fund the government, government subsidies, and the military (or are we just going to throw them all away?)

1. With the quick withdraw from Iraq and the quick destabilization of the region (Turkey, Iran, Iraqi Civil War, etc) and the United States reliance on foreign oil what do you think the consequences will be?  Do you think that we will still have the ability to important massive amounts of oil from a region that more than likely will take a quick and decisive turn against the United States?
2.  Alternative Energy.  Looking at his voting record do you believe that there will be a push towards alternative energy and less use of oil in the United States?  Do you see a foreseeable future with a viable and product economy that hasn't been stopped dead in its tracks?
Oil is used for more then petrol or gas, it is refined and used for nearly everything that we as Americans take for granted.  Plastics, computers, manufacturing of nearly all of the common products.  With the inability to make our own products we then rely on foreign imports.  Our dollar decreases drastically in value and we are sending more and more of them (dollars) out of the country.

Do I need to continue?
I genuinely like McCain. Always have. Except his little tiff against MMA (mixed martial arts fighting). But in the last two years his views have been rough for me. This perpetual fear that he's is trying to push and win on is not stirring the kettle.

Ok, Ill try this. Sorry if I sound crazy.

1. Ok. Ron Paul claims income taxes is roughly 36% of total federal income. Washington Post claims its more like 45%. Ron paul wants to eliminate the War on Drugs. Which so far this year has been funded around 47 billion dollars. Nice chunk there. He wants to eliminate the dept of education. 67 billion a year there. He wants to move about a dozen other federal programs to the state level. And the IRS and income tax will be GRADUALLY phased out. First you have to pull the troops back to stop the spending. As he stated his plan is a gradullay reduction of taxes until the IRS is eliminated. It isn't a first day thing which he can't accomplish at all unless the people want it. If there is nothing there to sign there is nothing there. 

But eliminating the billions of federal dollars spent on certain agencies and keeping the taxes the same for a few years is a massive start. People don't understand the waste. You act as if every dollar you pay right now is the most well spent dollar in federal hands. 47 billion to bust drug addicts? drug dealers? crack heads stealing radios? Oh, shit the cops are suppose to do anyway. The department of education has a rough time with its spending as well. Good thing state lotteries donate a ton of money to local schools and even then you can't honestly say your children are getting the education they need. Rudy is talking about expanding the dept of education for 2 year olds pre pre school. WTF is that going to do?

Now don't think your going to be taxed a whole ton of money less because now your state is responsible for a ton of things and we'll be paying for that. But somehow I feel better about that than sending it to the current peoples.

2. The whole point is to reduce federal government. Strengthen state government. Yes alot of subsidies will be thrown away as they should be. The military will be just fine. Your other candidates want to continue the war, and expand education that your not going to see the fruits of yet again, apparently some want to talk with lawyers about bombing Iran in which a pre-emptive NUCLEAR strike is apparently ok.

The biggest deal is the cost of war and how we are going to pay for it. If one other candidate can tell me their plan how how to continue he course we ar eon and maintain I'd consider it. but what do I get? 9-11, islamic terrorists, 9-11, Iraq, 9-11, Osama Bin laden, 9-11. That is the current foreign policy. Islamic terrorists are here forever to kill us and a pre-emptive nuclear strike is ok for Iran. Its like Cuba aiming missiles at the US or something. Someone else give me a plan to continue. Or give me change.

1. When we pull out, we'll be greeted as liberators. There will be turmoil in the middle east. Luckily Iraq accounts for a small amount of oil compared to the top 5 countries. Canada, Saudia Arabia (our allies right? ), mexico, venezuala, Nigeria. Iraq can't even account for half of what each of those countries export to us. As for the rest, we'll be trying diplomacy at that point. Lets wish us luck. And the other option is what? Stay scared and watch us continue our record national debt while alienating the rest of the developed world.

2. Now look at each bill in that voting record and read it. See how much we're spending on those bills. Check your current renewable energy options. A prius. Our economy needs to be revamped. Currently Arab and Chinese banks own our economy. Our dollar is decreasing in value ANYWAY. Arabs nations do want to switch to the Euro and will. Other nations will follow.

I can't answer your questions because Im not Ron Paul. No one else is saying anything I like. So maybe this guy is so far out there that it sounds good to me and me and him are both crazy. Or maybe everyone else is so far out there they believe the current track is working perfectly fine.

Who are you currently supporting?

sry for the wall of incoherent text.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6190

Ridir wrote:

1. With the quick withdraw from Iraq and the quick destabilization of the region (Turkey, Iran, Iraqi Civil War, etc) and the United States reliance on foreign oil what do you think the consequences will be?  Do you think that we will still have the ability to important massive amounts of oil from a region that more than likely will take a quick and decisive turn against the United States?
Like another poster said before me, you do not import the majority of your oil from the middle east..  And what tells you that they will stop selling you oil after you leave?? 

Iran is still selling you oil right now and you are threatening them with war..  Chavez is still selling you oil and he hates your president and think hes the devil.

People will not stop trading with the USA just because you remove your army from their region. They need customers and America is a HUGE trading partner.

Paul even want to remove the sanctions against Cuba.. hell you just won another trading partner.   Listen to what he have to say instead of believing in all the propaganda the other candidates are telling you.  They were the ones who said that the Iraq war would be a cakewalk and it would be payin itself with iraq oil revenues..  these are the same guys who are telling you that withdrawing from there would be a disaster.

Why believe them?  Open your eyes.. the world doesnt work like that.

Ron Paul follow your constitution.. the greatest document ever written

"Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations--entangling alliances with none"    -Thomas Jefferson

omfg 1 year ago i was hating america.. now i just wish i was a citizen just to vote for this great man.
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6756
It's not about the stoppage of trade with the United States it is the trade deficit.  People will continue to export their goods to the United States, but not import from the US, this is horrible for the United States.

It isn't just about oil in the Middle East.  There is a region orientation that is to be considered as well.  With a weakened Iraqi state and Tukrey and Iran having reasons to expand in that direction would be given a perfect excuse to annex parts of Iraq.  If say Iran happens to annex a decent percentage of the Iraqi population it would give them larger capabilities in their domestic and military infastructures.  They would begin to get more of a strangle hold on the region.  Also if they were allowed to annex the oil fields that is enough to tip even more power in Iran's favor.

I knew getting into Iraq would not be a cake walk, so did a lot of other people except Bush it seems.  But pulling out of Iraq will with somewhere in the neighborhood of 95% certainity come back and bite the US in the ass later.  And even if it doesn't think about the civil war we introduced to the country, all of the other shadows moving around the region fueling it, and how that will consume the country and cost thousands more innocent lives.  I just can't believe that everyone thinks no matter what we will be treated so well if we just up and leave, we'll catch all the blame for the death squads that will go around worse then before and reinstate a Saddam style regime or an Iranian take over.

I view McCain as the lesser of the evils, I don't agree with everything he says as I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says; I just agree more with McCain as a more sound solution.  Sure staying in Iraq sounds like a bad idea, but who is going to trust the United States if we just pull out and don't help the country that we broke, leaving it to Iran, extremist, or just economic ruin?
But enough with Iraq, we're not going to persuade each other on our points of view.  Let's go to the IRS and its gradual removal from the system.
Removal of the military from Iraq would cut billions, I'll give RP that, and it is a smart idea in that respect.  Removal of the War on Drugs, fine, its a failure all around but its bad press for most candidates. Closing down government agencies and shifting them to the state level will never, ever, ever get past congress and here's why.

States don't want to be seen as the bad guy, thats what the Fed is for. Right now many states have decent taxes, some are lucky enough to have no income tax (Nevada) others a low fixed sales tax (South Carolina at 5%).  But then you have the federal government mandating that the state governments have to take over certain responsibilities to reduce taxes but the programs still exist!  In fact it will cost more for the states to take over because they don't have the experience, system infastructure in place, or the money to begin.  There will be no money from the federal government to assist because remember this is for a reduction in the federal budget.  This plans sounds great but will end up costing the tax payer more in the long run, states will run for years behind the bell curve trying to catch up and become stable again.  States governments are always trying to find ways to cut the budget and this is going to do the exact opposite.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard