Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6139|Carnoustie, Scotland
1. Will 2.4Ghz P4 and 2GB of DDR1 RAM be able to use it to it's full potentional?
2. Is there a better card for roughly the same price (£50)
and
3. Is £50 a good price for it?

Where I'd be getting it from

Ta

EDIT: Right now I have a 6600 GT

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2007-12-05 08:17:53)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6572|Area 51
Welcome in 2006! Enjoy your stay.

Yeah tbh, I have this card too, it was good yes. Back in december 06'. But tbh, don't bother buying it now as your system won't even use it too its full potential and its just an outdated card.

EDIT: As for another card in that pricerange, there are NO good ones, and even if there were your CPU + RAM would limit it

Last edited by RDMC (2007-12-05 08:16:39)

Funky_Finny
Banned
So... what should I get?

What would I need to max it?
Funky_Finny
Banned
Yeah, I listened this morning as well.
So what if I have an old computer.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6496|Gogledd Cymru

Its the new retort to an old fashioned statement/question tbh.
Funky_Finny
Banned
It's just stupid. If you've got nothing decent to say, could you kindly piss off?
Surgeons

Its an outdated midrange card, yes it will run fine on your system, yes its a good price.

To get better performance, an entire upgrade would be neccesary, new mobo (C2D capable) A better processotr, e.g. a Core2Duo, DDR2 ram etc and an 8800 series card.
/thread.
Funky_Finny
Banned
No, not /thread, because getting all that would include having lots of moneys. I, on the other hand, am getting a christmas present. The limit was £125, and I thought there's no point in getting a medium-top range card and not being able to use it well, so I thought £50 card would be better.

But thanks for the advice on price, performance etc.

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2007-12-05 08:26:41)

Surgeons

Funky_Finny wrote:

No, not /thread, because getting all that would include having lots of moneys. I, on the other hand, am getting a christmas present. The limit was £125, and I thought there's no point in getting a medium-top range card and not being able to use it well, so I thought £50 card would be better.

Exactly, thats why i said to get better performance an entire upgrade would be neccessary, you won't be able to substantially upgrade your pc with £125, your best bet is going for a 7900GT rather than the 7600, its under £125 and will be better.
Funky_Finny
Banned

Mr.Surgeons wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

Exactly, thats why i said to get better performance an entire upgrade would be neccessary, you won't be able to substantially upgrade your pc with £125, your best bet is going for a 7900GT rather than the 7600, its under £125 and will be better.
This?

I'm just wondering, is there any point in spending so much more if my processor won't be able to use it to what it could do?

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2007-12-05 08:32:38)

Surgeons

No, try This.
Funky_Finny
Banned

Mr.Surgeons wrote:

No, try This.
Bus type: PCI Express

Need AGP

I wrote:

I'm just wondering, is there any point in spending so much more if my processor won't be able to use it to what it could do?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6572|Area 51
Ok, let me put in this way.

You have AGP
You have a P4 2.4 GHz
You have 1 GB DDR Ram
And want to ''upgrade'' to an 7600GT AGP

Well, its an complete waste of money.

Save up money, and buy an complete new PC.
Funky_Finny
Banned

RDMC wrote:

Ok, let me put in this way.

You have AGP
You have a P4 2.4 GHz
You have 2 GB DDR Ram (Well, 256MB just now, 2 gigs at Christmas )
And want to ''upgrade'' to an 7600GT AGP

Well, its an complete waste of money.

Save up money, and buy an complete new PC.
bennisboy
+829|6653|Poundland
Yeah ask for the money instead, or get a decent console, no need to worry bout an upgrade fir 4/5 years
trevoraj
who?!?!
+3|6641|London
how about this 7800 GS 256MB DDR3 AGP? for £69.99 inc. VAT...?
The#1Spot
+105|6547|byah
Do not upgrade to another agp card. You need to buy a pci express mobo since they are very cheap. Get a 7600gt pci or try ebay for a graphics card and there will be good difference.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

I use a 7600GS. I'm not sure which one's better but I've NEVER had problems with mine.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Pop To Ster
Philosiraptor
+45|6539|Edmonds, WA
I got a 7600 GT, and if you mind playing BF2 on medium and low settings...then again, I do have a crap single-core 3300+ and a gig of ram.
bob9f6
+11|5995|A sea above the map of Tassie
I play BF2 with 7600 GT, on High but with no shading/AA shite. However E6300 @ 2.45Ghz, 2Gb Corsair 6400.
Crysis demo on Low, with maybe one or two Med settings (playable).
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6331|New Haven, CT
The CPU poor performance will negate any graphical improvement in games.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6204|Winland

Well, depending on the core of the CPU, that graphics card could be a good buy. If it's a Northwood or Prescott512/1M, the CPU might bottleneck a bit, but not much. If it's a HT enabled Northwood/Prescott2M, then you'll have a very good combination. I'd recommend the 7600GS over the GT in your case, though.

I run on a P4 3GHz, 2GB RAM and a heavily overclocked 7600GS. BF2 maxed, 4xAA. Only drops below 40FPS in heavy smoke scenes.

TL;DR: Get a 7600GS and another GB of RAM. That'll get you an almost decent system.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard