Yes38%38% - 50
No51%51% - 67
Undecided10%10% - 14
Total: 131
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6751

Without the vehicles of course...

Just a realization that most of CoD4 plays out like a Karkand hotel battle.
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK
No? what are you basing this on?
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6751

Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK

superfly_cox wrote:

Have you only played one map or something?
SamTheMan :D
Banned
+106|5969|UK
No.

Explain more now
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6622|pimelteror.de
chaotic close quarter camping nadespam without any teamplay in most public servers - yes.. it reminds me of karkand...
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

chaotic close quarter camping nadespam without any teamplay in most public servers - yes.. it reminds me of karkand...
You must be quite naive if you expect teamplay on public servers in any game.
BlackKoala
+215|6295
Yes, which is why I can only play for a few minutes before getting a strong urge to teamkill everyone on my team.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
No, are they giving free crack?
Jepeto87
+38|6655|Dublin
Its needs bigger map, bring back Foy!!
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
If you're going to look at it that way then every public server of every fps game is karkand v2. Camping, spam and poor teamwork is all anyone expects from pubs, if you don't like it go play competitive matches or stop playing fps games.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Yes because you get basically unlimited nades and health..........oh wait, no you don't.  And also the same spawn points and routes take EVERY single time....oh wait, no you don't.  Supply crates and C4 yourself on top of buildings.....nope.  Dolphin diving and spawn camping....not so much.  So no, your theory is incorrect.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-12-05 11:56:45)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
I think its a pretty good analogy.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6662|England

Spearhead wrote:

i think it's a pretty shit analogy tbh.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

Shadow893 wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

i think it's a pretty shit analogy tbh.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

No. Most maps are smaller.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

DefCon-17 wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

kinda true kinda not....BF2 pulled it off with squads, not guaranteed to work but you can typically find a few to work with even in pubs.

even in CSS people at least often use the mic, and so at times team work happens by accident.

Out of games with no team work CoD4 is defiantly head of the class. I've still only heard voip used like twice. (S&D is your only hope on CoD4)
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

VicktorVauhn wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

kinda true kinda not....BF2 pulled it off with squads, not guaranteed to work but you can typically find a few to work with even in pubs.

even in CSS people at least often use the mic, and so at times team work happens by accident.

Out of games with no team work CoD4 is defiantly head of the class. I've still only heard voip used like twice. (S&D is your only hope on CoD4)
I'm happy with the "barely any mic users" situation.

I can't stand a bunch of little kids telling their team what to do.
firebolt5
+114|6125
Fuck no.  How would a whole game be compared to just a map to BF2? 

Project Reality for BF2 is definitely head of the mods and games that have teamwork.  Out of hours playing vBF2, I have found out that PR has way more teamwork and people playing with a mic.  The squad system in BF2 is phail if no one even bothered to join a squad or create one.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

firebolt5 wrote:

The squad system in BF2 is phail if no one even bothered to join a squad or create one.
That's like saying "The MP7 is fail because no one uses it."
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
I love it when people compare completely different games. They are FPS games, thats all their similarity.
psH
Banned
+217|6353|Sydney

Vilham wrote:

I love it when people compare completely different games. They are FPS games, thats all their similarity.
QFT

and, the maps are too small for squads....

16p with squads on maps this small? why would you need it for example, on vacant?
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6118|'straya
agrees ^^

COD4 is also not designed for the really serious gamer... fast rank up.. easy challanges... its designed for ppl that wont obsess over it... unlike BF2 which is a epic game....

personaly i think they have different target audiences and therefore cannot be compared on the basis of map size and team work tactics
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

agrees ^^

COD4 is also not designed for the really serious gamer... fast rank up.. easy challanges... its designed for ppl that wont obsess over it... unlike BF2 which is a epic game....

personaly i think they have different target audiences and therefore cannot be compared on the basis of map size and team work tactics
Hold on a second. 

Sick amounts of ammo or health is for the serious gamer as in bf2?

roger that
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6418

No, are you basing that because of the urban maps or what?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard