cohen1976
+14|6788
like tiltle says? to bad i dident make any screenshots but this was weird.....

im on the MEC base in gulf of oman...
prone shooting 2 guys on heli pad with my pistol...
i get 1 kill with pistol and im shooting the next and suddenly a jet crashed on him...
he gets killed by the JET but i get the kill and he gets killed by the JET by me? while im prone shooting with pistol :S

...how could this happen?
MasterJuttu
+0|6684
Something similar happened to me, I was playing AT with DAO-12 and got a kill with G36E.
Also I've got loads of "Driver Kill Assists" With C4!
tF-afrojap
+124|6868|SF
Did you not know pistols paint a laser on your target for aircraft to run into? I guild them into palm trees all the time!

All seriousness aside, you must have done like 80% damage to the guy, and the plane simply finished him off.. I'd assume the pilot got an assist point. At least I hope so, after him sacrificing millions of dollars worth of equipment + his life to help your cause.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6768|The United Center
you hit the plane just before it hit him and exploded.  since you were the last person to damage the plane, the game thinks you blew it up.  so when it hit him and exploded, since youre the one who blew it up, you get credit for the kill.
Rev0
+6|6675
ive had this happen, i was playing on wake island when i see soem guy taking a flag so i thought id go and shock paddle him, i did it said i killed him with a F35

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6100/screen0163dr.jpg

ignore the pink/purple cross hair i find it easier to use
tF-afrojap
+124|6868|SF

ThomasMorgan wrote:

you hit the plane just before it hit him and exploded.  since you were the last person to damage the plane, the game thinks you blew it up.  so when it hit him and exploded, since youre the one who blew it up, you get credit for the kill.
Yeah you're correct. And in my example the pilot wouldn't even get an assist if he only contributed 20% of damage, since you need to deal over 50% to get the assist.
cohen1976
+14|6788

ThomasMorgan wrote:

the plane was friendly.....not enemy
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6776|The Netherlands
yesterday i got teamkilled and killed by arti all the time without die-ing (lol cant remember the correct word)
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6768|The United Center

cohen1976 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

...yeah, that doesnt matter.
cohen1976
+14|6788

ThomasMorgan wrote:

cohen1976 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

...yeah, that doesnt matter.
so what i mean is, i never saw the JET coming and i never did a shot on the plane, very strange stil....

Last edited by cohen1976 (2006-02-07 04:25:25)

The Soup Nazi
+18|6808|North Lauderdale, FL
Clarification for when you shoot a plane with a regular firearm...

If the pilot stays in the jet when it blows up it says:

playerX [killed] playerY
If the pilot jumps out and the plane explodes while he's still right next to it, it says (in the case of an F35):

playerX [F35B] playerY
mkay?
Octavarium
+1|6731
replace "killed" with the name of the weapon/vehicle used though...
The Soup Nazi
+18|6808|North Lauderdale, FL
Not necessarily.  Ever shot down a blackhawk with an assault rifle that was already flaming?  The guys who stay in get "[killed]" and the ones that jump out and get killed by the explosion get "[Blackhawk]".

Or if you fire a rifle at a plane/chopper that immediately afterwards hits the ground/obstacle, they get "[killed]", too.

Try it.

Last edited by The Soup Nazi (2006-02-07 05:53:25)

Metamort
+19|6706

Rev0 wrote:

ive had this happen, i was playing on wake island when i see soem guy taking a flag so i thought id go and shock paddle him, i did it said i killed him with a F35

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6100/screen0163dr.jpg

ignore the pink/purple cross hair i find it easier to use
nice, handheld F35!

I shot a jet with the M24 and it ran into the blackhawk on the carrier giving me the kill

Last edited by Metamort (2006-02-07 06:44:15)

Slowpinger-GER-
Kermit was here...
+-1|6801|Hamburg

tF-afrojap wrote:

Did you not know pistols paint a laser on your target for aircraft to run into? I guild them into palm trees all the time!
Stop it! Stop it! ROFL! *yasp*
tF-afrojap
+124|6868|SF
This is totally off topic, but some pilots simply can not get enough of them coconuts. I swear, if the game kept track of death by those killer trees, the number of deaths would surpass the number of AA kills ever made.

Aircraft's predator list:

1. Other aircraft (Including friendly jets flying into your own airfield)
2. Killer trees
3. No fly zone
4. Lag

...and finally

5. AA
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6841|Belgium

tF-afrojap wrote:

This is totally off topic, but some pilots simply can not get enough of them coconuts. I swear, if the game kept track of death by those killer trees, the number of deaths would surpass the number of AA kills ever made.

Aircraft's predator list:

1. Other aircraft (Including friendly jets flying into your own airfield)
2. Killer trees
3. No fly zone
4. Lag

...and finally

5. AA
You outa be kidding me.

1. Killer trees (by far) lethal against all flying objects
2. Other flying objects
3. No fly zone (shared place with: )
3. The airfield or carrier... I swear they have a build in magnet, come to close and it has you in it's tractor beam.
5. lag
6. lucky pistol or other small arms

AA? Does it actually kill airplanes? Occasionally a helicopter, but an airplane?

Cheers,
R
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6813|Jupiter
I get this error alot while using shock paddles, it says i BTR-90 them or LAV. seems to be the last vehicle i was in.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6766|Houston, TX
Have to agree with Robin Hood.  AA isn't even a contender when it comes to knocking down enemy aircraft.  I'd believe the RIB's and Jet ski's outta SF (Yeah, I know. There are no planes in SF.) to have a statistically better chance of killing an airplane.  Unless of course you're speaking of your teammates plane, then your AA missle's shot:kill ratio goes to almost unmissable status.

KJ
CANADIAN_rocker
+0|6767|CANADA
somthing wired happend to me too.. i got a low score :S
Slink
+17|6718
Wish I had a shot, but I got an assist point when a plane bombed ME lol
bobroonie.bda
+143|6702
today on wake island i was shooting at a black hawk with a tank landed 1 shell in him while i was shooting my machine gun waiting on the reload im guessing a plane ran into him but i got the kill by J10 and i was in a T90 i believe. J10 is that an american plane? or chinese im not a pilot so i dont pay to much attention to the type of plane im running from

https://img.tehsig.com/usr_23194/tpl_0/image.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard