cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6691|NJ
Ok I have a few theories on this.  Being American myself and skinny(6'0" and 165 lbs), it makes me sick when I watch T.V. and walk around town everyone is huge. I'm a minority in our blatenly lazy culter.

So theories,

1. Majority of kids can't leave there house cause they'll get arrested(if they deserve it) or just harrased. I grew up in the Ledgewood area of New Jersey which is a quite town and got harrased almost ever day I went out.

2. Knowledge that someone else is going to protect us so we don't bother staying in shape.

That's all I have now so let me know what you think?
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6729|Oslo, Norway

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok I have a few theories on this.  Being American myself and skinny(6'0" and 165 lbs), it makes me sick when I watch T.V. and walk around town everyone is huge. I'm a minority in our blatenly lazy culter.

So theories,

1. Majority of kids can't leave there house cause they'll get arrested(if they deserve it) or just harrased. I grew up in the Ledgewood area of New Jersey which is a quite town and got harrased almost ever day I went out.

2. Knowledge that someone else is going to protect us so we don't bother staying in shape.

That's all I have now so let me know what you think?
just wondering, is ledgewood near bergen county?

i used to live in ridgewood but than i moved back to norway.

besides ronald mcdonald propaganda in school
havok02
+1|6659
Maybe they just sit at home and play bf2 all day.
cpt.fass1
+329|6691|NJ
Yes ledgewood is pretty close to Bergen it's in morris county I live in Bergen now.
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.
i know why but i cant be bothered explaning,il put it in short,they eat to much.
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6726|Beerville, USA
I blame O'douls....
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6732|Salt Lake City

Americans are very heavy.  My theories, based on the way things are where I live are...

1. Fast food joints on every single corner.

2. As people move from the cities to the burbs, developers are putting up strip malls and everything else.  We no longer have walkable communities.  People drive everywhere.

3. Schools are suplementing their income by using vending machines, which contain nothing but high sugar, high fat junk food.

4. People don't have to go out for anything.  There is nothing you can't buy online, and even grocery stores offer delivery.

5. Commercialized food processing uses so many fats, sugars, starches, and preservatives to reduce cost and extend shelf life, that even if you do go shopping the things you buy aren't that good for you anyway.

6. Our own government.  When the "food pyramid" was laid out most food was still oganically grown, grains were whole grain, and people did much more physical labor for a living.  The amount of bad carbohydrates that are abundant in most current foods, fueled by the old Pyramid design, were leading people to eat foods that quickly metabolized into sugar, along with 1-5 above, creating a very high calory diet with little physical activity.

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2006-02-07 08:58:15)

cpt.fass1
+329|6691|NJ
It goes well past the eating, were talking obese, people who must not do anything. My girl who is skinny too( cause I don't like looking like the number 1 0 walking down the street) has a fat friend I mean fat, she's 6' as well and has got to be at least 240lbs. Now it's got to take some serious devotion to get to that size, are there any fat people out there who can help?
jord
i watched that worlds fatest man program on last night on channel 4.He was 75stone,lol what a fat ass any guess's were he was from?
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6690|San Francisco
There's a funny book out called "Why French Women Never Get Fat" which shows a pretty interesting mentality on the subject.  Evidently, French women can eat anything they want, as long as they only enjoy it Once a day.
The French Diet
It's all about eating less and training yourself to require less food.

You don't have to eat the entire bag of cookies in one go, just learn to enjoy one or two cookies a day and control yourself.  Plus, people just need to exercise!  Get off the bus one stop farther from your destination and just walk the rest of the way a few days a week.  Walk around or do something moderately active a few days a week.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6732|Salt Lake City

cpt.fass1 wrote:

It goes well past the eating, were talking obese, people who must not do anything. My girl who is skinny too( cause I don't like looking like the number 1 0 walking down the street) has a fat friend I mean fat, she's 6' as well and has got to be at least 240lbs. Now it's got to take some serious devotion to get to that size, are there any fat people out there who can help?
I'm not saying that there aren't people who got very obese by their own choices.  My point was that American's in general are getting heavy for the reasons I listed.

There are also those with gentic/medical issues that cause this.  At 5'11" and 190 Lbs I could stand to drop about 10 pounds to be within my ideal range, but I didn't start gaining weight until about I hit about 33.  Before that I weighed in between 130-140 Lbs and had been that way since high school.  My sister on the other has always been a bit heavy, even though she was very athletic, played soccer and soft ball.  Her problem is medical and is caused by a thyroid problem.
Kusunagi
+59|6733|The land of Hookers and pod
I've got a nice pic that fits perfectly in this topic:
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8263/m … nce8zp.png
bigelectricat
+3|6687
staying at home and watching tv or playing video games (like bf2) make american kids lose excercise and become lazy fattards. but there are also lazy pasty skinned lanky video gamers. just go visit your local internet gaming cafe or video game shop (preferably at odd hours to avoid social contact) to see how ungainly thin guys look at 6' and 165lbs. a stiff wind will blow them over.
cpt.fass1
+329|6691|NJ
Agent I wrote that before I saw your post, OK I can understand being stocky which I'm sure she is(if she was athletic she wouldn't get really "Fat").

But what really gets my goat is that there are actually trying to make it a medical problem, the thyroid thing might be affecting a few but I'm sure not to many.  Yes being obese is going to cause a medical problem but it's something that you can take steps to avoid. I really hate the fact that people can get perminate disability for being over weight, it's just disgusting.

Also one of the main social issues I see with the massive weight gain in America is the glamoriatizion (spl) of it. I saw on some talk show the other day they had F.A.T. Fabulous and thick is what it stood for, this atrocity to the public is horrible now not only do little girls who look up to dumb sluts like Paris Hilton have an excuse to be Fat. OK kids need to be teased.

I'm 29 and in my weight bracket, I eat shit food but I don't eat a lot so I control it.
cpt.fass1
+329|6691|NJ

bigelectricat wrote:

staying at home and watching tv or playing video games (like bf2) make american kids lose excercise and become lazy fattards. but there are also lazy pasty skinned lanky video gamers. just go visit your local internet gaming cafe or video game shop (preferably at odd hours to avoid social contact) to see how ungainly thin guys look at 6' and 165lbs. a stiff wind will blow them over.
Hey I'm talking about the fat kids, not the kids like myself haha. I'm pasty cause of my Irish discent(15 mins in the sun gives me a burn) but I'm really not lazy I go out ever weekend.  Also for the most part the skinny kids don't negatively effect the social structor, meaning there not crying about there weight and looking to get disablity.

Well I'm the latter but somewhat athletic(I skateboard at night) which one are you?
ProDicTeD
+2|6804
https://talideon.com/images/blog/euro_vs_america-web.jpg
Kusunagi
+59|6733|The land of Hookers and pod

Kusunagi wrote:

I've got a nice pic that fits perfectly in this topic:
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8263/m … nce8zp.png
Read my post ProDicTeD
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6732|Salt Lake City

cpt.fass1 wrote:

bigelectricat wrote:

Hey I'm talking about the fat kids, not the kids like myself haha. I'm pasty cause of my Irish discent(15 mins in the sun gives me a burn) but I'm really not lazy I go out ever weekend.  Also for the most part the skinny kids don't negatively effect the social structor, meaning there not crying about there weight and looking to get disablity.

Well I'm the latter but somewhat athletic(I skateboard at night) which one are you?
I'm not as active as I used to be, but I'm also a lot closer to 40 than I am to 30. 

Where I'm at we definitely get winter, so not a mild climate.  When I was younger I used to ski, but my knees aren't what they used to be, and skiing has gotten quite expensive.  The bulk of my exercise in the winter comes from shoveling the sidewalks, and I bowl on a league during the winter.

During the summer I have a yard that I have to take care of, and I can get my bike out, so I tend to be closer to my ideal weight range during the summer than the winter.

Oh, yes I do eat at McDonals, but only occassionally.  I maybe eat there once or twice a month.  The people that get very obese from eating there are the kind of people that make it part of their regular diet and eat there several times per week.  This is not a good thing to do with any type of fast good.

At this point I much prefer places like the one I went to last night.  I had a nice baked stuffed halibut.  It was stuffed with a cream cheese and crab, topped with a light cream sauce and sun dried tomatoes.  The sides were red potatoes and a vegetable dish of carrots, asperigus, brocoli and onions...and my obligatory glass of beer. 

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2006-02-07 09:45:09)

cpt.fass1
+329|6691|NJ
That's one of the problems I'm talking about I use to snowboard and when I started 5 years ago it was like 20 for an all day pass. Now the prices are like 50 for an all day, all the healthy stuff in this country is expensive where it's cheaper to be fat.

Burger=1 dollar
Salad(even though from same ff resturant and still not healthy)= 5 dollars
MrPlatinum
+0|6660
I make time in my schedule to go to the gym 5 times a week.  All the fat people in the US is more than enough motivation to get into a gym for me.  At least out here in California there are a lot of people who are always consistently worried about their health and weight.  We still have a lot of fat people being carted around though.  When i would drop off my sister at jr high/middle school, i would watch all the kids walk from the school after being dropped off to a carls jr or 7eleven.  That is one problem which is poor diet.  Another is the starbucks craze at least out here in cali.  Walking around with a starbucks cup in hand is almost something for status like driving a ferrari.  I know people who go there multiple times a day.  I read somewhere that 1 of the drinks there is the equilvalent of a full 16oz steak.  It is sad how big some of these people get.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6732|Salt Lake City

I hate fancy coffee.  Give me a medium-dark coffee, black.  No cream, no sugar, no fancy foo-foo, foam crap.
cpt.fass1
+329|6691|NJ
And how come with poorer people, the man is always really skinny and the bitch is like 500 pounds with 8 kids. And I hate starbucks I can't even order there I get confused.
irarreF
+0|6748
It's the media!  A couple of yrs ago US kids were shown pictures of Ronald McDonald, Santa Claus and other famous "characters".  Only Ronald M was picked out as rcognizable more than Santa.
Maybe Sant should start leaving Big Macs under the tree.
Does "Super Size Me" ring a bell.
jord
Man id like to do that American women man shes FAT SORRY I MEAN FIT!id like to like out her enourmous sweaty fishy pussy oh yeah.

Last edited by jord (2006-02-07 10:21:51)

cpt.fass1
+329|6691|NJ
No more so then the media it's lazy parenting, I'm 29 and when I was growing up I had rules. And a mother who worked from home to inforce the rules. I could only watch x amount of T.V. after school, and was kicked out of the house constintly(not perminatly, just told to get outside).

Parents now adays seem so uptight that they don't want there kids going outside, cause they might get hurt. It's so sad that when a kid hurts himself let it be falls out of a tree, Hit by a car, or falls it's always bad parenting.  There's constant supervision on these children, and the next generation is going to be a worse mess then we are.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard