[A-A]Sgt.Sonner
+0|6823|Denmark

AmBiTiOnZ23 wrote:

I dont get in choppers with anyone thats a lower rank than me. I guess that way, since I feel comfortable with my own skills, his are probably close to mine, so I wont be too disappointed.
Since when did points/rank have anything to do with skill?. you can suck but have played for 1000+ hours
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6884|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
Ok guys here's the thing:

Although low points don't neccessarily mean you are a noob, granted you might actually have a new account or you play well anyway, for most of the time, the players with a low rank/points OFTEN are newbies.

It's not ALL cases, that PFC might be even better than you in the chopper. But MOST of the time they are newbies. I'm sorry but if I see a corporal leading the squad or piloting the heli, I quit.

When I join squads, I find the person with the highest rank via pressing TAB, and if he has a squad, I'll join it. Because MOST OF THE TIME, not always, they might be point whores, BUT MOST OF THE TIME they are experienced players who can fight effectively without constantly dying, depriving you of teamplay and a spawn point, and you can truely have a good time playing with.

To answer the thread's maker, No, there is no point level that accuractly DEFINES what a noob is.

There is no definition, or absolute key.

There is probability and chances.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6856
i would never get in a chopper if sum1's a corporal, ive gave it a shot once. but crashed seconds after take off. n00b for me is sergeant or below
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6896|United States of America
I say if you fly with anyone below staff sergeant, you're screwed.  I try to look at noobs by their common sense and such like voodoo said, but, if they dont have any skills to back that up it doesnt matter.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1

Tyferra wrote:

You can't judge someone's talent by their points, (or by weather they do or do not have a clan tag.)
Granted, there are some bad clans and just because you have a clan tag on yourself doesn't mean you are better than anyone else.

BUT GENERALLY clans are groups of people that play hardcore to perfect their craft, and improve teamwork, and they are the ones that play 12 hours a day (some would say this is no way to live, but that is up to discussion). SO GENERALLY the ones with clan names know what they are doing, and make squads and learn to play together.

Again, there is no definite assumption. BUT CHANCES ARE that if you have higher points, have a higher rank, or are part of a clan, you are better than the rest.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6856
sumtimes being in a clan is much better than a loner coz u use teamwork and cooperation a lot more
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
obinkel
+0|6795

Stephen_Sung_811007 wrote:

NOOBS:

1. The FUKING people who bunnyhop with a grenade launcher.
2. The FUKING people who stat pad
3. The FUKING people who 'afford' to TK.
What's your f*ckin' problem?
Bunnyhopping is a good way to not be killed and if you can't shoot a guy who doesn't want you to >HAHA

-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
ok sometimes a ()*@Q#&%ing sniper got me to 2 health, so start jumping around and tossing medic bags everywhere, then i go prone and try to take down the sniper, with the medic packs insta-healing me. I usually kill him.

ok, i know its cheap, but if you are infantry, face me like a man and stop shooting at me from far away. you think you're safe with that distance??? think again!

sorry i hate snipers. all they do is hide and try to kill someone from far away, being safe.
cowards.

anyway, BACK TO THE POINT:   jumping around like i do, its not considered bunny hopping is it? i'm not shooting anyone, i'm just trying to make them miss their bullets.
sparklet
Banned
+34|6888|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
if irank over you i call you a NOOB

nah i dont i call n00bs n00bs wh otry to mutiny me when i get comander and they whine beg cry and then i get kiked for comader whoring
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6862|oregon

Stephen_Sung_811007 wrote:

NOOBS:

1. The FUKING people who bunnyhop with a grenade launcher.
2. The FUKING people who stat pad
3. The FUKING people who 'afford' to TK.
At least spell the f-bomb properly.
Johnny_Pom
+0|6794
n00bs, in my opinion, are people who stick to one gaming style - for example, people who might be awesome in jets, or choppers, but can't get a pistol kill for any amount of trying, or another example, n00bs are people who can't score points without bunny-hopping and using a nade-launcher.

Other definitions of a n00b -
1: someone who judges by rank, not by skill. I have seen plenty of corporals who can't fly, but that doesn't mean that none can. give everyone a chance.
2: Bunny hopping. Do you see the SAS or Navy seals bouncing around like a bunch of hyper window lickers when they go into combat? No? then don't call yourself SAS-killer94340 and prance around like a gimp on a pogo stick.
3: Refusing to get out of your tank/chopper/plane. If you only want to fly, buy a flight sim. Give everyone else a go in your precious vehicle. It's only fair. This leads on to.....
4: Team killing anyone who can reach your vehicle before you - example is someone who covers a chopper in c4 and frags it as it's taking off, because they couldn't get in it. Boohoo, learn how to fight on foot.
5: people who play as squad leader/commander, then spend their time in a tank/chopper/jet, so they can get extra points/work for that next team-playing ribbon. NO. It goes against the whole reason the squad system was introduced.

Those are my ideas of a n00b. I know that as an SS, I fit into most n00b classifications on this thread, but I was an SS after 60 hours of play, whereas some people take 100 hours. No, I don't bunnyhop, I'm about average in a chopper, good in a jet. But most of all, I like mixing it up with a G3 or G36E. So for all you people who have to change server if you can't get in your precious jets/choppers - try fighting on foot - it's way more satisfying.

Last edited by Johnny_Pom (2006-02-07 08:30:14)

Magus_CT83
+0|6826
How many points until you're NOT A NOOB?

Using points to signify who isn't a noob, is a noob question.  Go to a 24/7 karkand server and watch the stat padders in action.  People that use actual tactics in the game are not noobs.  People that toss grenades randomly, noob tube at melee range, or c4 toss and dolphin dive, are noobs.

Last edited by Magus_CT83 (2006-02-07 08:21:29)

hutchy52
+12|6894
I do a fair bit of piloting/gunning in the attack chopper, and I would say in my experience 95% of people that get in with me, whether flying or gunning absolutely suck.  Most definately if they are a lower rank the chances are they will be a noob, but I have seen plenty of Master Seargents that have no idea what they are doing either.
bandi
+0|6817
I am a first sergeant and I still suck with every single vehicle, so I walk around. Unfortunately I suck at infantry fighting as well
Arkanon
+3|6835|London, UK
I agree with ex0331. If a player is crap, he's called a noob. If a player uses effective methods, he's accused of cheating by using noob methods.

It's just an insult. It's not worthy of a standard.
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6870|Beerville, USA
NoOb is:

Someone who spends the whole round on the airfieldl/carrier just to get a jet/helo only to crash on take off.
Someone who gunning with a good pilot and doesn't know how to use TV's.
Someone who's piloting with a good gunner and tries to take out every target themselves.
Someone who TK's for a vehicle.
Someone who has a brainfart and then punishes you for TK.
Someone who instead of just letting an enemy (who doesn't see you walk by) opens fire and then dies and get's you killed in the process.
Someone who has admin rights kicking/banning you from a server for doing to good or killing him to many times.

drips from a well.....
[A-A]Sgt.Sonner
+0|6823|Denmark

sparklet wrote:

if irank over you i call you a NOOB

nah i dont i call n00bs n00bs wh otry to mutiny me when i get comander and they whine beg cry and then i get kiked for comader whoring
Whats commander whoring??
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6902

frogatron
+0|6863
Don't mind noobs we were all there once, just hate wankers. Give everyone a chance, play the game not the stats board, have fun and join squads and help the team.

Anyone who spawns on a carrier/airstrip waiting for hardware when half the team are already there, then TK's  - these people are wankers and generally ruin any chance of a good ground game. Bunny hoppers are overrated, stay still and aim and you'll stand a 50/50 of gettin em, higher if you do it every time as you get better at bunny bashing.

Thats my thruppence..... cheers have fun.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6932|Jupiter

Kobrakai wrote:

Put it this way, I would never get in a chopper with anyone that wasn’t at least a first sergeant.
Exactly!
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6932|Jupiter

Magus_CT83 wrote:

Using points to signify who isn't a noob, is a noob question.  Go to a 24/7 karkand server and watch the stat padders in action.  People that use actual tactics in the game are not noobs.  People that toss grenades randomly, noob tube at melee range, or c4 toss and dolphin dive, are noobs.
Go take yer 7,000 points else where....
Stags
+26|6796
n00b?  I give everyone a chance, and if I think the way they got us killed (chopper or plane) was unavoidable (as in everyone could have done the same mistake) I might give them another chance.  What makes me mad is when flying the F-15 or SU-34 and they don't understand why I'm flying slow.  I don't fly much but I'm good enought not to get us killed if you know how to bomb then the entire team benifits.

"n00bs" in my case are judge on a case to case basis.  I don't call them n00bs or anything, I give them advice on how to get better.  If they give me attitude then it's a different case.

Snipers aren't cowards, well at least me as a sniper I'm not a coward.  I'm a ground sniper, I'm with the rest of the grunts, people get mad at me and have called me a sniper n00b, although I don't see how that works, at close range the M-95 can and usually kills with one shot, if it doesn't either my squad will finish you or my pistol.

As for flying, learn on single player or if you learned in BF:V then there you go.  Also Privates might just be really good people who had a rank glitch for that round.
Princess_Frosty
+0|6825
You can't measure skill with BF2's score system, you can roughly gauge experience but not skill.

Usualy n00bs in the traditional sense lack both skill and experience, however like most internet born slang its meaning changes over time and we get people calling other people using the grenade launcher a n00b out of anger from dieing to it.

Everyone was a n00b at some point, but the ones that really anoy me are those who have a reasonable grasp of FPS gaming but lack enough common sense to do the really obvious things, or try and experiment flying the helicopter for the first time while 5 other team mates are on board, crashing it into a bridge 5 seconds after take off.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
the MAJORITY of snipers don't go "ground sniper" like you do. the MAJORITY plots themselves onto a little ledge, thinking they're invisible, and start sniping at ground targets, missing 50 % of the time (accuracies for snipers tend to be 50% on stats page), and then get pissed off that they get killed by a medic jumping around tossing med packs everywhere and killing them (me).

"OMFG U NO0B I"M THE SNIPER NOT YOU! IM THE ONE WHO SHOULD KILL YOU, NOT YOU! FU*(C( U U PIECE OF )(#@"

then someone votes for a kick on me.
Leonnoe1
+2|6865
I just give people a chance no matter the rank. Then, after a while, I come to my own conclusion not based on rank. Instead I look at how well/crappy they have played. I'm surprised I didn't see the answer:

1 more than you have.

Last edited by Leonnoe1 (2006-02-07 10:26:08)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard