Prince1215
+9|6670|New Jersey
Well, i havent been playing bf2 for a yr now and im comin back to help my clan. Im in (MC)  site----> www.legacygaming.org But the thing is that i have always went  through that if u had to re-install bf2 you would have to re-install all the patches in order they came out and for someone to play online wit the newest patch the server has.. well, downloading all the 6 patches that i saw last night and waiting patienlly for downloading and install everything, i came to stop at something.. the beta patch. this must of came out when i left bf2 to take care of my family.. now the question i have about this, wat is the beta patch have in it? wat does it do for bf2? and if i would install it, can i install the patch 1.41 (newest one i think) and everything wilbe ok. or should i just skipp the beta patch b/c it wont do anything more important than just following the order? i know this sounds confusing but this is bothering me. i would like to contiune to play, but im afraid that if i install this beta patch, then when i install the newest patch that everything wont work right or ill never get the chance to play online wit my clan and friends.

i would like to have some feedback on this.. any suggestions or experience wit this will be very helpful. thankz for the time and patience for reading this and helping me out..

Prince

P.S. GOOD work cheuy on the site gettin back up and running. you have put alot of effort over the years and i can say that i appreciate coming to this site and praise u on this.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6375|uk

Short Answer wrote:

you only need the 1.41 full patch (460~mb)

Long and helpful answer: wrote:

You usually get 2 versions of patches.

Incredemental.
Full

An incremental patch is smaller than the full patch, as it only contains the necessary files to upgrade from the previous version.
The full patch however, which is bigger, can be run from any game version.

So, say you get a game with the patch order 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and then patch 1.4 comes out, you can only use the incredemental patch is you had the 1.3 installed, but you would be able to use the full patch for any of the versions.

As far as EA and patches is concerned, there have been many problems with the incredmental patches, so its usually best to go for a full patch, no matter what version you are patching from.

Because of these problems EA only released a full version of the 1.41 patch- there is no incremental
Hope the short answer is good, but I hope the long answer helps you understand how the patching system works

Last edited by Titch2349 (2007-12-01 14:48:31)

Prince1215
+9|6670|New Jersey
thank you for that and it helped alot but i was concered about the beta batch. if i did the beta patch then the 4.1 patch, would i see anything different like new maps, or should i skip the beta patch b/cit can be worthless and just shoot for the 4.1 full patch?
gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6695|The Real World

Skip the beta and use the latest full patch.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6708|Espoo, Finland
1.41 is the final patch for BF2 and the only one you need.
Just instal BF2 and then the 1.41 patch and you're good to go!
']['error
Banned
+630|6667|The Netherlands

Titch2349 wrote:

Short Answer wrote:

you only need the 1.41 full patch (460~mb)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard