birdman69
+11|6782|Toronto, Canada
I hear the word "Noob" tossed around like nobody's business.  Alright, someone please tell me.  How many global points, or what does your rank have to be until you're no longer a Noob?

Let's develop some kind of universal standard to better define the term.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6814|England
Put it this way, I would never get in a chopper with anyone that wasn’t at least a first sergeant.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6873|San Francisco

Being a noob has nothing to do with how many points you have, it has plenty to do with using common sense and not sucking hardcore.
birdman69
+11|6782|Toronto, Canada

Kobrakai wrote:

Put it this way, I would never get in a chopper with anyone that wasn’t at least a first sergeant.
I respect that.  I agree with it too.  I don't mind crawling in bed with a virgin, but i'll be damned if I get in a chopper with them and let them play with my TV missles.
Whiplash!
+0|6755

Kobrakai wrote:

Hummm..... Good Idea! I am so tired of dying the minute we take off! Can't believe I didn't think of this before. THANKS!
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6763
points has nothing to do with being a noob. I have 4 names i play with. all of them have low points, 1 names for assualt/cqc, 1 for commander, 1 for piloting, and 1 to screw around with.
why? cause i can.
either way i have tons of experience. i never judge a player by his stats, only by how he plays when in a squad with me. if he sux i kick him out. its that simple.
Maj.Do
+85|6777|good old CA
hmm if i see something below corp. and there flying my heli i kind of feel unsafe.
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6766
I dont get in choppers with anyone thats a lower rank than me. I guess that way, since I feel comfortable with my own skills, his are probably close to mine, so I wont be too disappointed.
Felonious-Crunk
+0|6765
Points show experience, not technique. Though most, if not all, players with more points have more BF2 knowledge than less experienced ones.

"Roger That"

Last edited by Felonious-Crunk (2006-02-06 20:56:10)

Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6730|Central Valley,California
Well, I'm a GySgt and you can trust me in a chopper. I pretty much trust GySgt's and above (and some smart SSgt's).
First
+3|6745|Canada
any ways enough with the fly boys, i would have to say most people become skilled or decent at the segeant ranking
Ballistix5
+36|6800|Forster NSW
Run over a landmine and then punish because you didnt see it = NUB
Fly a plane into a Carrier trying to shoot the stuff on top = NUB
Fly around trying to ram into other jets choppers etc = NUB
gun down like ten of ur own guys = Accident but somtimes nub

And my Favorite
When All the flags are lost screaming "F*KING START A SQUAD SO WE CAN SPAWN ON YOU!"
Thats the best one

so its not ur rank, im playing On a brand new account for a Clan im in and I have 800 Points and nobody calls me nub once. cause I get in the game and I think about wat im doin

Somtimes I make mistakes and I say sorry

There ya go, my 2 cents

Last edited by Ballistix5 (2006-02-06 21:17:04)

Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6831|Portland, OR, USA

If you gotta ask, you're a noob. The thing about noobs is that they don't realize they're noobs.

Last edited by Viper007Bond (2006-02-06 21:50:13)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
shadowdark1974
+0|6689|San Diego
if your lower rank then me.....your a NOOB!

If someone is higher rank then me they cheated! *LOL*
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6735|Gütersloh, Germany
If you didn't make First Sergeant, you're a noob

j/k
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6831|Portland, OR, USA

shadowdark1974 wrote:

if your lower rank then me.....your a NOOB!
Noobs also tend to use "your" incorrectly.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6800|Noizyland

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Being a noob has nothing to do with how many points you have, it has plenty to do with using common sense and not sucking hardcore.
I agree completely.
You gain points as you go along. Someone could be a First Sergeant but spent 1000 hours playing. The guy who's ahead of me in my personal leader board, (Hunter_NZ, also my favourite victim,) has more points than me, (by about 2000 I think,) but by no means at all would he be considered better than me, (look at his stats and compare them with mine if you don't believe me.)

Likewise, I am not a First Sergeant, and I reckon I could kick a lot of First Sergeants' collective arses. I have killed many a Sergeant Major without being revenge killed. I could also pilot a chopper a lot better than some higher-ranks.
(What I seem to be trying to say here is 'I'm not a n00b.)
I have also seen extreamly good Lance Corporals and lower, (Could have been second accounts, but cha-gotta have faith-a faith-a oooh!)

I'm not a First Segeant and I'm not a n00b. You can't judge someone's talent by their points, (or by weather they do or do not have a clan tag.)

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-02-07 00:35:55)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6867|Cologne, Germany

as far as I ( and these forums ) am concerned, you stop being a noob when you learn to post in the correct subforums. this subforum is for help with bf2s.com  - the site - only. Will be moved to BF2:Chatter.

on topic: being a noob or not has nothing to do with your global score. Most people here have some experience with FPS Multiplayers, and should act accordingly. Use some common sense, follow the advice you are given, don't cheat, don't TK, don't stat-pad, don't exploit, be a team player.
vonSteuben
+3|6728|Essen - Germany
I guess I will be a noob forever, what I lack in skills I make up with my doggedness
Oh and I am Gunny and the only times I was in an airplane was the two times I jumped in and was killed in a strafing run before I was even able to fire up the engines (so much for feeling safe when flying with higher ranks than SSgt ^^ )

But as long as it is fun it is ok for me hehe

See ya,
vonSteuben
mpec82
+-1|6747

Kobrakai wrote:

wtf are u saying, there are some private that are 100 times better than first sergeant with the chopper
xaven
+25|6759|Berlin

Maj.Do wrote:

hmm if i see something below corp. and there flying my heli i kind of feel unsafe.
just flew with a PFC and damn, he was awesome....

and yes, I dont care about ranks and points. nubs are everywhere, it depends on the way you play the game.

vonSteuben wrote:

I guess I will be a noob forever, what I lack in skills I make up with my doggedness
Oh and I am Gunny and the only times I was in an airplane was the two times I jumped in and was killed in a strafing run before I was even able to fire up the engines (so much for feeling safe when flying with higher ranks than SSgt ^^ )

But as long as it is fun it is ok for me hehe

See ya,
vonSteuben
would be a pleasure to me to see you on our server one time. or we just go on our unranked warserver and practice flying and stuff... PM me.

Last edited by xaven (2006-02-07 03:19:58)

Stephen_Sung_811007
+4|6725|Taiwan
NOOBS:

1. The FUKING people who bunnyhop with a grenade launcher.
2. The FUKING people who stat pad
3. The FUKING people who 'afford' to TK.
Chillay-14
+21|6704
need 20000
ex0331
+-2|6823
basically if you kill someone, your a noob. it's only the people that die that bitch and moan. it's cool if they kill you, but if you kill them your a noob.so there you go.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6781|The Netherlands
you are a n00b when someone doesn't like the way you play. the same way most cheaters and hackers are born

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard