Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6508

Blehm98 wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Hello, Battlefield 2 section of the BF2s forums. It's been a while, I believe.

Instead of creating a lengthy and well-thought out post as normal, I'm just going to say what I think in short and watch what happens.

BF2 has is almost entirely a fun game with allot of weapons, vehicles maps et cetera, very well balanced, with only one weapon/vehicle you can argue is overpowered as well as little hacks and a decent about of people willing to use teamwork. However there are too many identical servers where you can only play on one boring map and you cannot use the very fun vehicles. These servers are very boring as on them you do the almost exact same thing each round with no variety. You can fight this by finding servers with many maps in the rotation that allow you to have fun in vehicles, ones that are just more fun to play.
fixed
Now it is truly fixed.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6475
64 player or what? I usually stick to 32 player as you aren't getting gang raped by the circle jerk squad every fifteen seconds.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6501
I love to c4 a group of them, they shoot all over the place desperately trying to hit you and you can easily blow them all up. ^.^
pirate7474
Oh noes!
+11|6039|USA
c4...really fun stuff there, ppl really dont expect that which is weird
they're like o a black box...lets walk up to it
BOOM
too bad you cant have multiple timers for c4, i would die laughing if that happened, killed a guy with c4...5 medics come, kill the others with the other c4
Wallpaper
+303|6034|The pool

.Sup wrote:

venom6 wrote:

Yes i agree with you. Thats why we need a server option "NO MEDIC KIT" guess how surprised all the newbs would be.
"omg there is no medic kit ? what will happen ? omg i cant pointwhore or newb g36e or revive and heal myself "
Something like that..
lol wth are you talking about? you ever played bf2 cometitively or just noobing around on pub servers? without med kits theres nothing to prevent the pub servers to get 100% noobish. clays, GLs, supporter nade spam, etc
Exaclty
Longbow
+163|6687|Odessa, Ukraine

.Sup wrote:

venom6 wrote:

Yes i agree with you. Thats why we need a server option "NO MEDIC KIT" guess how surprised all the newbs would be.
"omg there is no medic kit ? what will happen ? omg i cant pointwhore or newb g36e or revive and heal myself "
Something like that..
lol wth are you talking about? you ever played bf2 cometitively or just noobing around on pub servers? without med kits theres nothing to prevent the pub servers to get 100% noobish. clays, GLs, supporter nade spam, etc
Long range GL shots take skill, believe it or not. But yeah, venom6 seemes to not understand that medics not only for G36E and point whore. After 2.5 years someone still care about points? Wow. Still can't understand statpadders.
Collin2000
+6|6291
To all you whining n00bs out there...STFU...find something in the game you do well with and stick to it.  If your just good a whining go away...
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6494|The Twilight Zone

Longbow wrote:

.Sup wrote:

venom6 wrote:

Something like that..
Long range GL shots take skill, believe it or not. But yeah, venom6 seemes to not understand that medics not only for G36E and point whore. After 2.5 years someone still care about points? Wow. Still can't understand statpadders.
every kit requires skill but do you think people are gonna use the GL on long ranges? i dont think thats gonna happen often.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Sylvanis
+13|6676|Toronto, Ontario
The real cancer killing battlefield is the lack of selection when playing.

While playing IO you must realise that tactics will be different, and some will play in aggravating manners, that is their choice.  I won't complain about that.  What I really hate is that 80% of the servers are either IO, 24/7 single map, or both.  Does anyone know of a server that plays all bf2 maps, boosters included?
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6034|Truthistan
Play on I/O servers with FF off
When you run into hoppers, hackers or a group of medic nade spammers start playing sniper, run up throw clays, kill them and then grab their kit
AND protect the dead bodies from being revived -lay on them if you have to and start throwing nades then start shooting.

When you got a group that big, two quick clays = guaranteed 2 kills and you might get a one or two more by grabbing one of their kits

That gets you a 3 to 1 k/d

Its not about points but it is about winning and about time management
you die once = 15 seconds:
you kill three on that side and that = 45 seconds.
The team that spends more time waiting to respawn is generally the loser.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6599|Hungary
Yeah as i see my post made a big storm here. Yes i know the medic kit is important on the battlefield and in a squad. As you said all kits can be whored whats right. A medic should heal and revive as a support should give you ammo if you dont have any left.

But dont you had the thing when you ask for a medic to heal you and he is not doing it ? Being selfish and healing his own butt and maybe not even reviving you if you die. I had this several times and also support next to me was total deaf and dont gave me ammo as he was busy with spamming nades. I just dont like the fact that on a server you see medics only (overpowered kit as we know) and what about the other kits ?
The kits what not used that offten (Assault, Spec Ops, Engineer)
Yes in IO all people are medics or support as only this two kits seems to be the most useful.

Yeah im not surprised as "you" who disagreed with me play as medics. Go get another 200 hours on Karkand and dont forget to play as a medic.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6034|Truthistan
OH Yah I should add that I really hate hackers

I have ran into more than a few where
I kill them then run up lay on their bodies and within 2 seconds the same guy appears and kills me.
NO possible way that guy could have been revived with me on top of his dead bodiy.

Start protecting the bodies of the guys you kill to prevent revive and you will realize just how many people are hacking bf2.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6215|Sydney | ♥

I'm one of those meds , but atm, breaking free and sniping the enemy meds, who keep reviving each other, thus more kills for me
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Adamshannon8
+94|6225

venom6 wrote:

Something like that..
no, you need to make your ranked server FF on and no unlocks allowed, but no one has..........................................................

*Hint* ^^^^^^^^^^ *Hint*

server owners make a i/o rotation with kark, jala, mash, gulf, then put FF on for all except mines and make it no unlocks allowed, and all the good players will come and it will be full 24/7.

trust me, some should make this server and it will be full.
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6318|Mo Val, Cali
Good players see these groups of medics as lots of points if they're under the uav and go right towards them to kill them all. Get better and you won't be bitching at this, you'll just see this as an opportunity for more points. Also very important, KNOW WHEN TO RUN AWAY!
Sgt.Gene
+215|6804
Medics arent killing bf2, age is. The game is so old now, EA isnt going to update it. Better games are coming out now, and people are moving on.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6867|Lithuania
how is this new?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6389|Belfast
I/O > Vechles
Longbow
+163|6687|Odessa, Ukraine

henno13 wrote:

I/O > Vechles
Battlefield is not for you...c'mon this game francise was always about infantry and vehicles. IO is the thing that killed BF2.
velocitychaos
+26|6537|Brisbane Australia
LULZ.....i play medic on IO servers all the time and i'm usually cursing coz there aren't enough medics to revive.....try gamearena IO
.Sup
be nice

Longbow wrote:

henno13 wrote:

I/O > Vechles
Battlefield is not for you...c'mon this game francise was always about infantry and vehicles. IO is the thing that killed BF2.
i heard you werent defending your country when the Assault on Odessa occured.
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6536|UK , Birmingham
every1 who crys about medics sucks at bf2 and should quit, and go play wow
CyraX
+5|6247
Bf2 is dying because its just an old game.  Only thing that bothers me is when people assume you hack because of your kdr, which is probably some of the most stupid reasons to ban someone but whatever.  Also about that so called medic whoring.  Why can't people who complain about this just don't do it back to some of these players if its so skilless to some?  Instead they just spam nades and clays knowing if they do this they will atleast kill someone sometime.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6173|Carnoustie, Scotland

Lucien wrote:

On almost every IO server there's a group of 8 or more players, consisting of mostly medics.
Have you ever been in one of these groups? It's great fun
There's actually a lot of skilled players stick together and work as a team, which is the whole point of the game. In IO there are no vehicles to take out, which eliminates AT and Engineer, possibly Spec Ops. The best player to go as is Medic, then Assault then Support and then a lone sniper. This is because they work best as a team. There's no point in going lonesome, as, say, a Spec Op if you're going to meet a bunch of unlike-minded medics and supports.
My advice to you would be stay off IO servers, or grab an AK-101 and join the medic whores. (Although, if you choose the G36E I might have to shoot you.)

EDIT: I can't believe I said "eliminates AT.." Have you seen the damage a SRAW and DA0-12 can do on an IO server, especially at the start? I remember getting 77:7 by waltzing round with the medics, stealing all their kills and when I died, getting revived with them

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2007-12-02 10:55:37)

.Sup
be nice

Lucien wrote:

On almost every IO server there's a group of 8 or more players, consisting of mostly medics.
i see you never play on WAIB

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard