Freak Went Flier
+0|6839|Atlanta

EMStorm wrote:

6. And this one will make you shock to see in my lineup but lets say..... im 32 years old and its more like a remenisce for me....... Rambo First Blood..... (Yeah ik know you will probebly call me a noob right now but i still think the first part was a good one for that time).
Not a noob unles you say "Rambo Part (number)"
rofo
+0|6831|Austria, Europe
Top Gun? nobody?
WormGuts
+17|6790|Dayton, Ohio
Heres a couple that have gotten left out

Das Boat - excellent film about german uboats
Soldier of Orange - (Rutger Hauer) terrific film about the German occupation of Netherlands and espionage.
The Thin Red Line - not bad
All Quiet on the Western Front - decent old WWII flick.
Basic - good film (is this considered a war movie?)
Memphis Belle - i absolutely loved this film.
Catch 22 - (does this count as a war movie?  its about a soldier in WWII)

not enough war movies based upon flyers.

My Favorite though is probably *drum roll please*

JACOBS LADDER!!!
Scotlandsfinest
+2|6803|Edinburgh, Scotland
your gonna love the nam......PLATOON all the way
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6833
They should Remake "Able Seaman Brown on Resolution Island"
  "Battle for Briton"
" Band of Brothers " Was well done, Except when Spielberg did his ( politacal Rethinking and personal ) slant Towards the End. Read the Book and you will see what I mean.
I used to like "the Great Escape " But after reading " Death March  Survivors of Bataan " I find it hard to get worked up about how Rude the Germans were.  " Zulu " was good. as was "Battle Ground "
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6839|Bryan/College Station, TX
My list of war movies I like:

Classics
Tora Tora Tora
The Longest Day
A Bridge Too Far
Midway
Von Ryan's Express
Patton
The Dirty Dozen

Little more Modern
Saving Private Ryan
Enemy at the Gate
Apocalypse Now
Full Metal Jacket
When We were Soldiers
Glory (Civil War Movie)

Not a Movie but still good
Band of Brothers
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6837|Missoula, MT
****************** RESULTS POSTED ******************

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=1634&p=1

****************** VOTING CLOSED *******************

Thanks for the votes! 

Last edited by CMDR_Dave (2005-09-27 04:12:52)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6837|Cologne, Germany

windtalkers should be way up there. great movie
Charlie_melvin
Right between the eye's
+0|6809
full metal jacket, and Saving private ryan are both superb films
Black hawk down was good too (but the book was a damn sight better)
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6843
first of all, whoever said we were soldiers was good are a bunch of idiots.  It had chris klien in it, CHRIS FREAKING KLIEN!  The guy can't act his way out of a paper bag.

The thin red line was one of the hardest movies I have ever had to watch, they tried to make it too artisitic, it jumped all over the place, and had way too many cameo's.  The internal dialogue sucked balls too.

Tears of the sun was an average war movie at best, the movie has been done a billion times, for example, take a look at Three Kings which was made a few years before tears of the sun, same exact movie, and there are more to base it on.

I swear to god, if anyone says that battlefield earth is their favorite im slitting my wrists then jumping in a hot bathtub.

As far as my favorite movies here goes:

Troy,
Gladiator,
Braveheart,
Das Boot,
Tigerland,
U571,
Saving Private Ryan,
Big Red One,
Great Escape,
Glory,
The Bridge on the River Kwai,
Full Metal Jacket,

and for futuristic/fantasy purposes:

Lord of the rings trilogy,
Starship troopers (acting sucked, but the movie was awesome)
Star Wars
ArkAng37
+1|6841|San Antonio, TX
Fuck Yea! Full Metal Jacket Is # 1!!!!!
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6840|Waikato, Aotearoa
BHD and Enemy @ the Gates r my 2
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6833
Tiger land r u faqing kidden ?
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6759

I'm sure if more people saw The Great Escape, it'd rank over Black Hawk Down. Yes, that's my vote.
-DS-Carbon
+0|6757|New Hampshire
It's not a movie but is just like one Band Of Brother's.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6837|Missoula, MT

Coolbeano wrote:

I'm sure if more people saw The Great Escape, it'd rank over Black Hawk Down. Yes, that's my vote.
I could not agree more. 
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6766|AUS, Canberra
black hawk down
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6772|UK
BHD is bitchin.
Ronball9
Sleep Deprived
+8|6843

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Coolbeano wrote:

I could not agree more. 
I like it too and own it, but the problem is that Steve McQueen would only do the movie if he could do motorcycle stunts.  So that part, while exciting and fun to watch, had absolutely no basis in fact and was a total cave-in to the whims of a movie star.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6770|Noizyland

I downloaded Black Hawk Down. Well worth it. It then played o TV a day after I had finished downloading it, DOI! My picks would be, (in no particular order,)

-Black Hawk Down, (Probably count as my number one I guess.)
-The Great Escape
-A Bridge Too Far
-Saving Private Ryan, (had to study it for English - nice change after two years of 'strictly ballroom' and 'tea with mussolini')

Another one I'd like to mention is "Battle of Britain." Awesome dogfight action.

Not really fond of the Patriot. It's all "Evil British this and that," and "Look, dogs like Americans better that British people."

Also, glad Windtalkers is on the bottom of the list. I liked the action in that film but the cliche count went through the roof.

Oh, yeah, I forgot "Das Boot." It's my old history teacher's favourite movie. Depressing ending though.

And I think you mean that All Quiet on the Western Front is a WWI movie, not WWII.
Not a bad film, but the book is better.

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-11-13 12:30:16)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Instant Cereal
+0|6740
My favorites:

1. Band of Brothers (SPR and BoB are really tied on my list, but eh, only one can be the one)
2. Saving Private Ryan
3. War and Peace (I don't expect many here to know of this movie)
4. Black Hawk Down
5. Das Boot (Finally a movie that tried to show the German side of WWII and not universaly paint them all as dumb, evil white supremacist fanatics like Hollywood and video game developers love to do so much)

I have to get this off my chest. I think Full Metal Jacket is so overrated. The only memorable thing of the movie is R. Lee in boot and I barely remember much of that. I bet if it wasn't for R. Lee, FMJ would be just another war movie in the war movie section in Blockbuster. Stanley Kubrick had quite a few moments of brilliance, but sometimes I think he's over credited simply because he was Stanley Kubrick.

Last edited by Instant Cereal (2005-11-13 12:42:03)

PapaTango69
+1|6786|NoneYA
Here is a Rare one "The Siege at FireBase Gloria"  With  R.Lee Ermey Kind of a "B" Rated movie but its worth Watchin with the Gunny in it   P.s. you might have to find it on E-bay Cause its outta print to my knowledge.
Be0w0lf2
+0|6749
Black Hawk down, definately  (Karkand without the crowds)

2nd pick would have to be one of the classics Bat21, Apocolyps now, The Great escape.....sorry too many to pick from,

Also recently a great New war flick is "The Great Raid"
KILLJOYiiiii
+0|6741
All the previous mentions , plus.........

Das Boot

If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor, spend 3-4$ and rent it.

Its a movie about a ww2 german submarine crew, and its really good. I've seen them all, and this one is one of the best.

Last edited by KILLJOYiiiii (2005-11-14 02:47:32)

Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6770|Hamburg, Germany
Das Boot (ofcourse)

Tour of Duty (it is a tv series)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard