Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663
Hello, Battlefield 2 section of the BF2s forums. It's been a while, I believe.

Instead of creating a lengthy and well-thought out post as normal, I'm just going to say what I think in short and watch what happens.

On almost every IO server there's a group of 8 or more players, consisting of mostly medics. These groups stick very closely together, constantly reviving and spamming. Both teams have such a group, but they never actually meet each other. Instead, they go around raping the leftover enemies and flags. The few enemies they meet are defenseless against such numbers. After they've run out of leftovers, the enemy group has recapped more flags, and thus the circle of failure is complete. They're like a massive ball of cancer, that even I cannot kill by myself. You kill 4 or 5 of the medics, and they just revive each other while spamming you with nades and badly-placed shots. Sure, this problem has always been around, but not on every server, and not with such large quantities of failures looking to increase their KDR artificially.

After tanks and APCs stopped forcing you to genuinely work together and play properly, it was only a matter of time until this would happen.

Discuss.

Last edited by Lucien (2007-12-01 12:47:01)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6478
Why I hate IO.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

Don't play IO.

Play different maps - You only see that on Karkand or Jalalabad really.
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6185|sverige
IO fails
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

Ruckel wrote:

IO fails
Yes because watching bitching and moaning about whose turn in the flying noob toob it is, or who tk'd who for the chopper is much better.
Adamshannon8
+94|6195
lol, i/o haters are so funny......
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6719|th3 unkn0wn

Adamshannon8 wrote:

+1...well not only funny but also boring cos they have nothing better to do than moan and groan.

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2007-12-01 13:05:03)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

So what is the plague exactly?

At least they are being productive.  Not sitting around arguing like kids on whose turn it is to play with the toy.
san4
The Mas
+311|6698|NYC, a place to live
Yeah, I hate teamwork too.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6300|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

san4 wrote:

Well, you really only need two averagely-skilled medics per squad in order to stay alive.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6665

Can't say I've run into this problem very often.

I play SF mostly, and I always play on mid to low-sized servers. Mainly because I get major lag if I join a large server, but with the mid/low-sized ones, there isn't as much stupidity going on with the team, and if there is, it's still possible for one or two people (such as myself) to save the round.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6672|Groningen, The Netherlands
But this is exactly what I love doing.

I try to be one of the leftover enemies on they're own, trying to stop this "ball of cancer".
It's actually one of the few things I really enjoy, it gives quite a rush if you stop 6 or more people in there tracks
VicktorVauhn
+319|6402|Southern California

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Don't play IO.

This is correct answer, all others are wrong.

san4 wrote:

OK partial credit.

BTW you guys know you can play as infantry on non-IO server yes?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6576|England

Lucien wrote:

After tanks and APCs stopped forcing you to genuinely work together and play properly, it was only a matter of time until this would happen.
Arty should have been left in on IO to sort this kind of shit out. Its why theres so much nade spamming as there is no other way of stopping it without any form of vehicle. Ive never seen it because I dont play IO on krapkand and jalalolabad.

Play it on SF and its often hard to find a medic in the servers I play - which is surprising.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

VicktorVauhn wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Don't play IO.

san4 wrote:

OK partial credit.

My computer doesn't handle vehicle maps well, for some reason. Besides, if I play IO, there's less chance of me getting TKed by a jumpy squadleader.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6473|meh-land

Lucien wrote:

Hello, Battlefield 2 section of the BF2s forums. It's been a while, I believe.

Instead of creating a lengthy and well-thought out post as normal, I'm just going to say what I think in short and watch what happens.

BF2 has awful hitreg, terrible online support, over-nerfed weapons, an over abundance of noobs, and numerous bugs and other glitches as well, making the game overall a boring, bugged and glitched, and just plain unsatisfactory gaming experience
fixed
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6568|Hungary
Yes i agree with you. Thats why we need a server option "NO MEDIC KIT" guess how surprised all the newbs would be.
"omg there is no medic kit ? what will happen ? omg i cant pointwhore or newb g36e or revive and heal myself "
Something like that..
VicktorVauhn
+319|6402|Southern California

cowami wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Don't play IO.

san4 wrote:

OK partial credit.

My computer doesn't handle vehicle maps well, for some reason. Besides, if I play IO, there's less chance of me getting TKed by a jumpy squadleader.
Raise your hand if cowami has carpet bombed your squad while on the same team.....*raises hand*

Besides, you just popped up outta no where...and people who do that get shot in the face.
stunt-shepherd
howay-the-lads
+8|6272

Adamshannon8 wrote:

couldn,t agree more
keyoshi
+28|6430
Atleat you can play most of the IO servers.....

I get banned atleast once a day.......stupid noobs. There needs to be an option with the server where you need to provide PB evidence to make perm bans, otherwise they should only be week or day bans.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

VicktorVauhn wrote:

cowami wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

OK partial credit.

Raise your hand if cowami has carpet bombed your squad while on the same team.....*raises hand*

Besides, you just popped up outta no where...and people who do that get shot in the face.
The server karma'd me for that one

by lagging and plowing me into a radio antenna.
Wallpaper
+303|6004|The pool

venom6 wrote:

Yes i agree with you. Thats why we need a server option "NO MEDIC KIT" guess how surprised all the newbs would be.
"omg there is no medic kit ? what will happen ? omg i cant pointwhore or newb g36e or revive and heal myself "
Something like that..
While youre at it why dont you include a no sniper option for the noobs who can only whore claymores, and a no support kit so they cant nade, and resupply spam! Maybe no spec ops, cause they always go around with their stupid c4. And damn those AT whores! Stupid rockets! Take them off too! Maybe the shotgun whoring engis need to go!

Seriously, every kit can be whored. It just means you have to adjust your tactics/get skills
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6608|S.C.
You have no right to dictate to other players about how they play BF2. IO is a legitimate game mode, the developers saw fit to put it in after seeing the demand for such a mode. If you don't like it move on.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6452|SoCal
God bless teamwork, and the whining it inspires.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6463|The Twilight Zone

venom6 wrote:

Something like that..
lol wth are you talking about? you ever played bf2 cometitively or just noobing around on pub servers? without med kits theres nothing to prevent the pub servers to get 100% noobish. clays, GLs, supporter nade spam, etc
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard