Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6172|San Antonio, Texas
Scenario: Operation Harvest 64 - Large Produce Farm flag

In an MEC squad, we broke through the bridge stalemate and got to the Large Produce Farm flag with an FAV. Unfortunately, only two of the 6-man squad took the trip; the SL and I.

At the flag, my engineer SL placed some mines in the grass for any careless DPVs or armor. I placed a few claymores on the flag where people went most (never kills anyone, but what the hey). The SL used the nearby silo and capped from there. I stayed on the right side of the little hut, prone before the blue barrel, assisting the capture.

Then an armored company approached and scanned the common spots for enemy infantry. Seeing nothing, an engineer hopped out and went to the silo, shooting down the SL with his Jackhammer. Thinking they'd nailed the threat, they capped the flag and moved on, right past me. Even infantry spawned and took off without knowing I was there.

Just wanted to share that with fellow BF2sers.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6405|the land of bourbon
maybe they were scared of the wookie in the grass
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6172|San Antonio, Texas
Hmm, I do bite.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6663|Your moms bedroom
i got stepped on as a sniper in the grass on Wake Island
aimless
+166|6148|Texas
Lying prone and not moving sometimes works only if the enemy is not actively trying to find you.
steelie34
pub hero!
yep, sitting still especially when a heli is nearby can save your ass...
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6678

I play everything on low, so sometimes a sniper will get the best of me, but usually I'm extra careful... a little too careful. If I'm in a vehicle I'll wind up spraying bullets at bushes because they looked like a crouching sniper to me

Good tactic, though! And it's nice to see someone playing Armored Fury! I absolutely love it
cablecopulate
+449|6761|Massachusetts.
Most people here probably don't even know what Operation Harvest is. Fucking scumbags.
cablecopulate
+449|6761|Massachusetts.

steelie34 wrote:

yep, sitting still especially when a heli is nearby can save your ass...
Man, I can't even tell you how many people I would have not seen if it weren't for the fact they were actively shooting at me with small arms. Unless it's a Little Bird, your best bet is to fucking sit still and hide, people. Unless the chopper is on fire, save your ammo.
steelie34
pub hero!

cablecopulate wrote:

Most people here probably don't even know what Operation Harvest is. Fucking scumbags.
harvest is the shizzle.  i especially like =sf= because they use the 32 man map, which gives the US and the MEC uncaps, because no one defends the mec base anyway.  tards.
cablecopulate
+449|6761|Massachusetts.
They rotate the 64 and 32 size map. Every other rotation.

I've spent entire rounds defending the MEC main in the Havoc, never passing the scout post and usually staying around grain elevator and dairy farm. Rack up insane kills doing that. I love that map. Best bf2 map.
JT_001
+17|6444|Canada
Have you tried Call of Duty 4?  It has an AWESOME mission (in Singleplayer) in which you're a sniper in a guille suit.  Very cool.
cablecopulate
+449|6761|Massachusetts.
Harvest gets such little respect this scumbag is talking about cod4 in this thread. gtfo.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6436|Belgium
UAV and especially on Harvest the littlebird render your ghilly suit useless.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6368|Twyford, UK
Hiding works with any kit. Especially against tanks; many a time I have just been ignored by a tank until I slam a rocket up their ass-pipe. Or by a chopper.
But DAMN do people react fast when they lose half their health in one whack.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6156|Scotland!

cablecopulate wrote:

Harvest gets such little respect this scumbag is talking about cod4 in this thread. gtfo.
He's talking about ghillie suits, which is what this thread is about, stupid.
cablecopulate
+449|6761|Massachusetts.
Thanks, hadn't noticed any of that myself.
l41e
+677|6672

Odd that it should be in the BF2 section then.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6546

I'm Jamesey wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

get wrecked
wayne-o23
+3|6456

ig wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

get wrecked
but why bring up COD4 in a BF2 forum, im sure there is a COD4 forum for that shit, and yes the ghillie suit is awesome, almost any bush u lie in without moving you very hidden, i've had 3 enemies run past me once, all got a good taste of cold steel,
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6492
Wait, the =SF Armored Fury server is running 64 Operation Harvest again?

Or was this a while ago?

If it is now then /win because I fucking hate the 32 version. Bridge stalemates are FTL, 20 people are one point FTL, short rounds FTL and not enough vehicles FTL

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2007-11-29 14:45:22)

cablecopulate
+449|6761|Massachusetts.
It runs 32 every other time it comes up in the rotation.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6156|Scotland!

wayne-o23 wrote:

ig wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

get wrecked
but why bring up COD4 in a BF2 forum, im sure there is a COD4 forum for that shit, and yes the ghillie suit is awesome, almost any bush u lie in without moving you very hidden, i've had 3 enemies run past me once, all got a good taste of cold steel,
Because in cod4 there's this mission which involves a ghillie suit which is awesome.
twiistaaa
+87|6692|mexico
they should of made it so the uav only detects inf or even just snipers when they are moving. it would make it easier to snipe without just being easily detected by a first time commander.
Dibbie
+13|6022
Same thing happens when your on top of the huts on wake, well....most of the time it works

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard