CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6795|Canada
I'm going with Propaganda. It's been around for a very long time, and can be very useful in times of war.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6907|Argentina
Ok, after 6 pages of debating if the mind, mankind and diseases are weapons, we didn't come to a conclusion about the weapon that caused more kills in history.  Maybe it's impossible to know but what is weird is the lack of statistics on this matter.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6711|Southampton, UK

sergeriver wrote:

Ok, after 6 pages of debating if the mind, mankind and diseases are weapons, we didn't come to a conclusion about the weapon that caused more kills in history.  Maybe it's impossible to know but what is weird is the lack of statistics on this matter.
Disease tbh....

Weapon - Literally a Weapon would have to be a WOMD.
Atom Bomb I'm sure.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6835|Espoo, Finland

CaptainMike wrote:

I'm going with Propaganda. It's been around for a very long time, and can be very useful in times of war.
Propaganda isn't a weapon.

naightknifar wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Disease tbh....

Weapon - Literally a Weapon would have to be a WOMD.
Atom Bomb I'm sure.
Did you even read the OP?
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6630|Somewhere else

sergeriver wrote:

Which weapon killed more people in history?  The question refers to total numbers not effectiveness.  Mankind is not allowed.
It should be clarified.

One weapon, as in a specific one?.  It would have to be the nuclear bomb. Nagasaki Or Hiroshima, which ever one took more lives.

But if you are looking for one as in a catagory, and not one individual weapon, it would probably be the blade.  Any sword like object: long flatened metal with a sharp edge and point, since we're talking histroy only, not potential current weapons.

WWI & II probably have alot of gun or explosives deaths, but I'd say swords, overall, were used for much longer a time and have a higher total.

Or, ir you are asking more specific, like one weapon (M16 as opposed to saying "Guns") that's probably impossible to really say.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6907|Argentina

RoosterCantrell wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Which weapon killed more people in history?  The question refers to total numbers not effectiveness.  Mankind is not allowed.
It should be clarified.

One weapon, as in a specific one?.  It would have to be the nuclear bomb. Nagasaki Or Hiroshima, which ever one took more lives.

But if you are looking for one as in a catagory, and not one individual weapon, it would probably be the blade.  Any sword like object: long flatened metal with a sharp edge and point, since we're talking histroy only, not potential current weapons.

WWI & II probably have alot of gun or explosives deaths, but I'd say swords, overall, were used for much longer a time and have a higher total.

Or, ir you are asking more specific, like one weapon (M16 as opposed to saying "Guns") that's probably impossible to really say.
Even as an specific one the bombs of Japan didn't killed more people than the AK-47 for sure.  As a category I'm sure it has to be blades, spears or bows.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6922|PNW

FEOS wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

So...

If a gun accidentally discharges and kills a man, it's not a weapon?
No, but good catch on my argument.

What was the gun designed for? The taking of life. The same cannot be said of naturally-occurring disease.
Technicality. Disease has evolved to consume life, and both may be used to the same ends. All you have to do is make the transfer look like an accident (or even have it be truly accidental) and you have a nice little guilt-free source of massacre. Syphilis was blamed on Native Americans. Political weapon. And there were cases of intentional transmission of smallpox to to Native American population. Biological weapon. Disease is often the forerunner of campaigns of conquest, and has been used to great effect.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6835|Espoo, Finland
This could be useful.
Looking at how many people have died in wars that took place before guns were invented, it's very likely that a primitive weapon is #1.
Impossible to say which one though.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6892|London

Mosquitos.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
IRONCHEF
+385|6641|Northern California
Starvation is used as a weapon and I bet that has killed a good deal.  Otherwise, the blade.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6630|Somewhere else

sergeriver wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

It should be clarified.

Even as an specific one the bombs of Japan didn't killed more people than the AK-47 for sure.  As a category I'm sure it has to be blades, spears or bows.
Yeah, but I doubt ONE AK-47 killed as many people as the Bomb, that is what I was saying, but i knew you didn't mean that, I was just explaining the ways it could be interpreted.

I have to give you credit though, you have a knack for creating lively threads.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6834|West Yorkshire, U.K
https://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9332/hitlerwm0.jpg
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6835|Espoo, Finland

Dauntless wrote:

Mosquitos.
Not. A. Weapon.
Not. A. Weapon.

FFS...
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6866
Mcdonalds
Love is the answer
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6307|Anaheim, Mexifornia

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Mcdonalds
qft

Last edited by MetaL* (2007-11-30 07:03:53)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard