Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

FatherTed wrote:

I had no problem nailing people with two taps to the head with M4 on the campaign. But i'm a Halo whore, so i'm used to shooters on console.
My son ( 9 years old), can snipe like crazy on Halo 3.  Likewise on COD2 console.  But try as I might, I'm just not accurate with stick controls.  Must be getting old.  But when we used to play Gears, he'd be sniper while I got in close with shotgun/chainsaw.  Winning combo.  I'd distract while he nailed them from a distance.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6173|Vancouver | Canada

Ilocano wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

I had no problem nailing people with two taps to the head with M4 on the campaign. But i'm a Halo whore, so i'm used to shooters on console.
My son ( 9 years old), can snipe like crazy on Halo 3.  Likewise on COD2 console.  But try as I might, I'm just not accurate with stick controls.  Must be getting old.  But when we used to play Gears, he'd be sniper while I got in close with shotgun/chainsaw.  Winning combo.  I'd distract while he nailed them from a distance.
Nine year olds shouldn't be playing Halo.

They should be out having fun.
karl
+11|6524|Oslo-Norway
lol FPS on XBOX or PS3 sux it takes allot of time turning around.

and i know nine years is to early, i know of a kid who is five years old and plays ALLOT of CSS!!!
jord
+2,382|6695|The North, beyond the wall.

karl wrote:

and i know nine years is to early, i know of a kid who is five years old and plays ALLOT of CSS!!!
The game is aimed at kids. Kids buy more games than adults.

Also, the FPS is fine.
karl
+11|6524|Oslo-Norway

Ilocano wrote:

you are seriously not a good father when you play games were you kill people with you nine year old son... :S
jord
+2,382|6695|The North, beyond the wall.

karl wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

you are seriously not a good father when you play games were you kill people with you nine year old son... :S
WTF, you don't know anything about how good of a father he is. I was watching 18 year old films at 9, I knew how to swear at 9, I was "killing" people at 9.

Not being a good father, lmao.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661

karl wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

fuck off.  I see that as a great way to bond.  Best believe when my daughter gets old enough Im going to be playing video games with her.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

karl wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

fuck off.  I see that as a great way to bond.  Best believe when my daughter gets old enough Im going to be playing video games with her.
Hell Yeah!!!.  Bonding big time.  When he gets old enough, I'll take him shooting at the range so he learns how to respect guns.

As for video game violence, my son knows the difference between game violence and real life violence. 

He takes martial arts courses as well.  He's learning limalama karate right now.  When he gets older, I'll teach him my shotokan style karate.  Too early too teach shotokan style since it involves too many "permanently crippling" moves.

Homework first.  No gaming allowed during school nights.  Top grades in school and in the Honor Roll in 4th grade.  Last report card review, teacher noted that whenever there was a math challenge, other students dreaded going up against my son.

As for outside time, LOL, he actually prefers playing outside more than video games.   Basketball, swimming, RC's, dodgeball, soccer, etc..

Edit:  GS, I have a 3 year old that also plays the 360.  I have the Logitech FX steering wheel and he enjoys playing the Cars game on the 360.  Awesome bonding time.

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-11-27 11:51:29)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6517|so randum

Ilocano wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

karl wrote:

Hell Yeah!!!.  Bonding big time.  When he gets old enough, I'll take him shooting at the range so he learns how to respect guns.

As for video game violence, my son knows the difference between game violence and real life violence. 

He takes martial arts courses as well.  He's learning limalama karate right now.  When he gets older, I'll teach him my shotokan style karate.  Too early too teach shotokan style since it involves too many "permanently crippling" moves.

Homework first.  No gaming allowed during school nights.  Top grades in school and in the Honor Roll in 4th grade.  Last report card review, teacher noted that whenever there was a math challenge, other students dreaded going up against my son.

As for outside time, LOL, he actually prefers playing outside more than video games.   Basketball, swimming, RC's, dodgeball, soccer, etc..

Edit:  GS, I have a 3 year old that also plays the 360.  I have the Logitech FX steering wheel and he enjoys playing the Cars game on the 360.  Awesome bonding time.
I'm a 1st Kyu on Shotokan:P

And yeh, i find FPS on console just as easy as on the PC tbh, just depends what you get used to
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
colonelioan
+14|6473|Kanada
Me: Ioan92

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6647|Washington, DC

karl wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

As long as the child knows it's a game and not reality, it's fine
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6253|Uk
i have it, GT:mkxiii

add meh
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6454|Brisbane, Australia
I have it   gamertag: MachineMadness             im having trouble connecting with MP, i can play other 360 games online fine except COD4, so im playing the campain on vetren while i figure how to fix.

And btw, xbox 360 version scored the same as the pc version. Pc has better flexibility with MP and such, but 360 runs great with relitively high graphics with no fps lag. And to those who say its slower aiming in 360 version, there is the snap on aiming and you can also increase your sensitivity.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6663
I played it yesterday on the 360.

It was fun for awhile but the hit reg was even worse than BF2, especially when trying to snipe. In kill cam I saw a guy aparently head shot me while running by shooting 3 full body lengths behind me. I was like, no wonder none of my sniper shots were counting.

Oh, and martdom or w/e is fucking stupid. At what point between you trying to shoot me and me shooting you in the face did you have time to pull that pin?
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6303|eng
PS3 > 360.

I have it on PS3, i've made Colonel II in 14 hours.

PSN Name: mint-sauce-41.
#rekt
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6303|eng

karl wrote:

You only say it sucks because you suck at it, it's no harder than PC.
#rekt
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6480|Tyne & Wear, England
Like I say, I have CoD4 for the PS3 and I am honestly having more fun playing CoD4 than I did BF2, which I had for PC.

You don't get the annoying fuckwits talking in 1337 5p34k, taking the game waaaaay to seriously.  It is more relaxed, and hence more fun, for me anyway.

Also none of my mates are PC gamers and 'internet people' like you and I, they have consoles, therefore when I'm online I can have a game with them, which just adds to the fun factor.

CoD4 has changed my opinion on console FPS.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6517|so randum

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Like I say, I have CoD4 for the PS3 and I am honestly having more fun playing CoD4 than I did BF2, which I had for PC.

You don't get the annoying fuckwits talking in 1337 5p34k, taking the game waaaaay to seriously.  It is more relaxed, and hence more fun, for me anyway.

Also none of my mates are PC gamers and 'internet people' like you and I, they have consoles, therefore when I'm online I can have a game with them, which just adds to the fun factor.

CoD4 has changed my opinion on console FPS.
Totally tru dat. I have much better online games thru console than PC. On PC its all bitching, whining, hassle etc. On console, put disk in, multiplayer, and im in. No shit, no fuss.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
General.ly gravy
+4|6729
Me has i

pwns...

but yeh shooting through walls sucks ass

i suppose on most maps it is realistic, i imagine an RPD could blast through most walls
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6638|London, England
I played it alot on the PS3 and PC, I can say that FPS games on consoles ain't that bad. I was actually having fun on the mp on PS3 and after awhile you don't notice the differences between mouse/joypad and it's just like normal.

I really need to get this game for my computer, if I can fix it. If not, I'll get it with a 40GB PS3 around Christmas break times.

I was gonna get it for the 360 but I don't like the Xbox Live subscription thing, they should do it free like the ps3 does

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-11-30 12:00:49)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661
you cant have a splits screen on xbox live with this game like in halo, can you?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

you cant have a splits screen on xbox live with this game like in halo, can you?
Nope.  Sucks big time...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6517|so randum
Getting it 2moro!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6378|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
got it for christmas

GT: Posiblycanadian
twiistaaa
+87|6685|mexico

mcgid1 wrote:

I have it.

And before you console haters start bashing, this game would eat my graphics card alive, and before you say go upgrade, I can't it's a laptop and the graphics are built into the motherboard, and before you bitch about the laptop, I am a student and need the mobility and I don't feel like shelling out a couple thousand dollars to build a gaming desktop.
stop being a student and get a job. so you can do all that shit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard