Ghost_of_D
+0|6652

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Thanatos247 wrote:

It is one hell of a badge to get, and one that you need a lot of patience and self control to get. It's frustrating as hell, but it is possible.

Here are some tips for you (from my knife post - http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=6764)

1. Play on maps where the flags are close together. When you die it's closer to get to the enemy flags.
2. Be a spawn whore knifing git. Everyone will hate you, but you cant expect the enemy to approach you to let you knife them. Hang around the enemy spawn point, and if you see them, knife them.
3. Switch to knife. Dont be tempted by that "extra couple of points for a machine gun kill", you need to get knife kills not machine gun kills for the medal.
4. If you are spotted from a distance and get shot at, run off around a corner. Most people will see you running, assume you are about dead and run after you. Knife them when they turn the corner.
5. Play on a 32 player server. Unless you are Rambo, a 64 player server is too crowded and you will get mowed down, a 16 player server doesnt have enough knife fodder. This is personal choice, find what you are comfortable with.
6. If you are halfway through the round with 1 knife kill, dont bother. Switch back to your main weapon and enjoy the rest of the round because you arent going to get your medal.
7. Be devious. Hide around corners, sneak up behind people. Drive a jeep behind enemy lines and approach them from behind. Do things that people wouldnt expect. Running through an open space with a knife in your hand towards a four man squad armed with machine guns is not a good idea.
8. Be patient. Wait until that person you are running behind stops, get your knife aimed for their torso, and bam! Knife them.
9. You will get killed. Lots. Accept it and keep your cool.
10. Medic! I found it best playing a medic because you can get extra points by healing and reviving to keep your score up, keep your own health up, and you dont tire easily when giving chase.
11. Luck. Sometimes a combination of skill, luck and noobs will get you this medal. I knifed a guy, his mate came in and revived him, so I knifed both of them. A bit of luck like that gets you almost halfway to your basic / veteran medal.
12. Perseverance. If you are losing your cool, play a few rounds with the gun. Then swap back to knifing.
13. Knowledge. Know your maps and your spawn points. If you arent sure where people appear, and you dont know your way around the maps, it's going to be hell.
14. Head for where you think the front line is. It will be where most victims await your cold steel.
15. UAV is vital. If you have a good commander, he will be constantly plaving the UAV where the most enemy are. If you are also in that area, you can see where your next knife kill waits.
16. Watch where people are facing. The mini map is invaluable in this respect. If you run around a corner and someone is facing you with a machine gun, it's going to be painful. If you wait a few seconds until they turn around, chances are you are in for a knife kill.
17. Keep your cool. I already said this, but it's a definate one to keep at the front of your head. If you panic when you are in someones face with a knife, you will get shot. Remember that if someone comes up to you with a knife, you panic because you know it's one stab one kill (in most cases).
18. Spacial awareness. In close combat when you have been spotted, spacial awareness is key. If your enemy if running around trying to locate you, if you are more spacially aware than they are, the kill should be yours.
19. Bunny Hop. I'm probably going to get loads of grief from people for saying this, but it you are running across an open space towards someone, or giving chase across an open space, and they turn around... are you going to stand there and take a round of lead like a man, or are you going to do everything you can to close those last couple of feet and take them out with your knife.
20. Go one servers where the admins dont get miffed because you keep knife killing them and ban you. Oh yeah, I've been there.
Excellent post! A lot of good information and well communicated. A couple additions and addenda.

21. Climb on to low roofed buildings. Most of the city maps have excellent opportunities for this, especially Sharqi and Karkand. This will allow you to drop down behind them as they pass with minimal loss of health. If they don't notice you, great. If they do, bunny hop and stab. With a little luck, they will empty their clip and present you with an excellent kill as they switch weapons or reload. Another thing to do is wait for them to climb the ladder to the building. Stab them in the face when they get to the top.

22. Look for flags that the enemy has caused to go neutral. You now know exactly where they are. More often than not they will be prone and susceptible to being knifed. Control points tend to be taken from the same location time and time again because these points offer the best vantage or protection, know where they are and exploit their weaknesses. For example at Sharqi, the easternmost US flag you will find the enemy prone either behind the sandbags or by the chimney around the corner. They are usually expecting enemies to come leaping over the sandbags blazing away. Go the long way around the building. If at all possible, do not approach from a spawn point. These are the areas that they will be most attentive to. Sometimes the enemy will lower his guard knowing that no one else can spawn, giving a slight element of surprise.

Addendum to 5: Look for high-ticket servers that are not full. These rounds go longer thus giving you more opportunites.

Addendum to 10: Other kits to consider are the Assault or Support kits. They offer increased body armor, which is helpful while being shot while you are hopping around them. (I’m sure that allowances will be made when going knife against gun from the anti bunny-hopping crowd out there.)

Addendum to 20: Hunt commanders. They are sometimes too distracted to be able fend you off. Good Commanders may see you coming and wait for you, but may not expect you to go straight for them. Bring along spec-ops buddy to blow his assets starting with satellite scan and UAV. Just let your buddy know that you get first crack at the kill.

Hope that helps!

[url]http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/bloody_knife.jpg[/url]
I especialy like the knife pic.
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6737|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol
Quit bitching and come to my clan server where I can give u ninja lessons. I keep pissing off my clan by how good I am with the knife. It's not that hard.

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

*Polishes Expert Knife Badge*

*polishes expert knife badge*

I smoked crack off of it the time i got it.
mpsmith
+5|6665
I hate to say it but I got it the first time I actually tried for it (on Karkand of course).

Then again I'm insane at CQB. Ill kill two guys with my G36C, another with my pistol, and finish with a knife (then reloading everything). Im just really aggressive.

A possible tip is to get relatively close to them, then sprint and dive at their feet. A foot hit is as deadly as a head hit, so dont worry about where you hit them. Also, prone people are the easiest to kill- its really hard to knife people when theyre running around shooting at you.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6703
https://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6931/expertknife5bv.jpg

AND I LOVE IT
mpsmith
+5|6665
Hey thats exactly where I got mine. I also got my Good Conduct Medal there.
RedEyes-CAD
+1|6704|Arizona
Got mine on a 1/4 full sharqui 64 map.  Worked just fine.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

Just work at it. I've been able to go for mine for a while but have been procrastinating, (sort of like going for my full driver's licence test - Wednesday, so wish me luck,). I'll go into iPlay tomorrow, (Waitangi day, I hope they're open,) and try for it a couple of times. I may as well try for Vet Explosives too, I've been able to go for that for ages too.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6785|Jupiter
HaHa, Its so easy to get the badge, you have to be sneaky and get enemys up the arse (behind them).
My new task is getting a 1.0 K/D with shock paddles, i now have .55, im getting there
TSal2111
+1|6739
Knife badge is nothing compared to the pistol badge.. with the knife its 1 shot.. and you got them.. the stupid pistol lets the enemy know you're there.. gives them time to turn/find you and blow your arse off.  My knife badge was out of provocation because some idiot was flaming me for blasting him out of a blackhawk with a grenade launcher.  The rest of the round was spent knifing people.

I got mine on wake.. which I would recommend.. the hills and the bushes make for great hiding spots and there is always a ton of snipers not really focusing on the world around them.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6650|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
its easy do 64 map sharq and you should get it.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6826
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/vespasxrockx76/screen092.jpg
pwned. he fired a GL and missed. xD

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/vespasxrockx76/screen093.jpg
KDR when I got it.
Crosell
+0|6663
I would say the best map to do this sharqi penisula. I wouldn't recommend Karkand, the fighting it too direct in that map.
IndyV72
+0|6648
Sharqi is where I got mine too. Me and a clanmate playing as MEC made our way to the TV station (still under USMC control). Their tank was still there and my clanmate (who was the Sq Leader and an Engineer to fix it if needed) took it while I travelled upstairs, not to cap, but to STAB! Got 2 in the stairwell on the way up and there were 3 on top of the building (none of them AT to take out my clanmate) looking down at him wondering what to do... So I stab EVERYONE of them in the back during this time. They respawn and shoot me down.
I respawn on my Sq Leader and make my way up the stairs again. No one in the stairwell this time but the SAME 3 on the roof looking down again at my clanmate. STAB STAB STAB, away they go again, they respawn and kill me.
Rinsed and repeated a 3rd time and on the 4th they finally caught on (by then I was laughing so hard I most likely couldn't have killed them anyway) and got my ass on the next few attempts. I prevailed and got a couple and then my Sq Leader died so I got the remaining few other places on the map. Got a total of 21 Knife kills (still kept on doing it cause I was having so much fun!) when it ended.
I made sure I had my 100 kills going in and got both my Veteran and Expert in the same round.

https://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1856/screen0593jw.png
https://img76.imageshack.us/img76/8743/screen0606bg.png

Last edited by IndyV72 (2006-02-10 14:46:17)

Thumper
+10|6685
Give me a break,

I have the middle one veteran i think

Look for a smaller map

Do it as a commander so that you can have the UAV control

last don't care if you make it

fear is the real enemy

and don't knife the admin because they are all wussies and will ban anyone who pisses them off
trepid_jesse
+4|6711
I found it very easy to accomplish on a 64 player server on Mashtuur City. Myself and a friend just wanted to have some fun knifin' people, and we both ran around for an hour or two on Mashtuur and knifed quite a bit of people.  We played Mashtuur for about 2 hours, and in those 2 hours we both were able to knife about ~200 - ~250 people.

I got both my veteran and expert knife badges in those two hours.

We had the most luck as Americans getting inside the builing at the Hotel, and it was also helpful to have two people as we were able to trap people, or distract an enemy while the other one would come up and knife them.

So, anywho, my recommendation would be to get a friend and go play 64-player Mashtuur City.
PvtchieF73
+15|6702|Netherlands

Thanatos247 wrote:

It is one hell of a badge to get, and one that you need a lot of patience and self control to get. It's frustrating as hell, but it is possible.

Here are some tips for you (from my knife post - http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=6764)

1. Play on maps where the flags are close together. When you die it's closer to get to the enemy flags.
2. Be a spawn whore knifing git. Everyone will hate you, but you cant expect the enemy to approach you to let you knife them. Hang around the enemy spawn point, and if you see them, knife them.
3. Switch to knife. Dont be tempted by that "extra couple of points for a machine gun kill", you need to get knife kills not machine gun kills for the medal.
4. If you are spotted from a distance and get shot at, run off around a corner. Most people will see you running, assume you are about dead and run after you. Knife them when they turn the corner.
5. Play on a 32 player server. Unless you are Rambo, a 64 player server is too crowded and you will get mowed down, a 16 player server doesnt have enough knife fodder. This is personal choice, find what you are comfortable with.
6. If you are halfway through the round with 1 knife kill, dont bother. Switch back to your main weapon and enjoy the rest of the round because you arent going to get your medal.
7. Be devious. Hide around corners, sneak up behind people. Drive a jeep behind enemy lines and approach them from behind. Do things that people wouldnt expect. Running through an open space with a knife in your hand towards a four man squad armed with machine guns is not a good idea.
8. Be patient. Wait until that person you are running behind stops, get your knife aimed for their torso, and bam! Knife them.
9. You will get killed. Lots. Accept it and keep your cool.
10. Medic! I found it best playing a medic because you can get extra points by healing and reviving to keep your score up, keep your own health up, and you dont tire easily when giving chase.
11. Luck. Sometimes a combination of skill, luck and noobs will get you this medal. I knifed a guy, his mate came in and revived him, so I knifed both of them. A bit of luck like that gets you almost halfway to your basic / veteran medal.
12. Perseverance. If you are losing your cool, play a few rounds with the gun. Then swap back to knifing.
13. Knowledge. Know your maps and your spawn points. If you arent sure where people appear, and you dont know your way around the maps, it's going to be hell.
14. Head for where you think the front line is. It will be where most victims await your cold steel.
15. UAV is vital. If you have a good commander, he will be constantly plaving the UAV where the most enemy are. If you are also in that area, you can see where your next knife kill waits.
16. Watch where people are facing. The mini map is invaluable in this respect. If you run around a corner and someone is facing you with a machine gun, it's going to be painful. If you wait a few seconds until they turn around, chances are you are in for a knife kill.
17. Keep your cool. I already said this, but it's a definate one to keep at the front of your head. If you panic when you are in someones face with a knife, you will get shot. Remember that if someone comes up to you with a knife, you panic because you know it's one stab one kill (in most cases).
18. Spacial awareness. In close combat when you have been spotted, spacial awareness is key. If your enemy if running around trying to locate you, if you are more spacially aware than they are, the kill should be yours.
19. Bunny Hop. I'm probably going to get loads of grief from people for saying this, but it you are running across an open space towards someone, or giving chase across an open space, and they turn around... are you going to stand there and take a round of lead like a man, or are you going to do everything you can to close those last couple of feet and take them out with your knife.
20. Go one servers where the admins dont get miffed because you keep knife killing them and ban you. Oh yeah, I've been there.
Some people really should be awarded for their contribution to this forum!
great job, thx
Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6652|SoCal
You need knife kills?

Two words...

Iron Gator.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6674|Dayton, Ohio
Got mine on Sharqi as a Medic.  32 on a 64 map.  I worked the survailence post, city entrance, contruction and the north base.  I would start to take a flag and then call for a UAV and watch the other team come running, as they got close i would runn around the building and get behind them and then pick off 2 or 3.  When i got close to the 18 i went snipe hunting and picked off 4 or 5 snipers in the contructions site.  I will probably take sever tries but it gets addictive.  I am not the best knife.  I had a k:d of 1 when i finished getting my 18 kills but I still had enought time to rack up about 10 kills with the AK101 before the round ended.  It was definitly a great rush.

Just a side note, Sharqi is a good one because of the limited Armor and extra buildings, I didn't have much luck on Karkand because everybody was either in aurmor or using c4 to kill armor with 32 on a 64 map.

Last edited by KnowMeByTrailOfDead (2006-02-06 14:14:55)

mpsmith
+5|6665
Expert pistol is easy as hell. Im thinking about starting a pistol-only account.

Then again Im in the top 300 with pistols...
ProDicTeD
+2|6801
you kow the only thing that pissed me off getting the expert knife badge was that i got 50 kills in 1 round, i played 1 of my best rounds ever on sharqi. I was pwning everyone and got the badge very very easily.

Only after that i never got 40+ kills to get my expert badge on a normal way so yesterday i got fed up doing it the normal way. I just went to karkand and tank whored the place!

sorry about my complete of topic post, but i just feel like telling the world.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard