Kashmir
The J-10 is my J-10
+39|6744
the human penis.

lots of aids.
toutinette
+2|6310|Canada
Inteligence...........................................
LT.Victim
+1,175|6613|British Columbia, Canada
Explosives..

Which includes everything from Gunpowder in a bullet, TNT, to a nuke (even though nukes didn't even kill that many people)
manitobapaintballa
+32|6669
black plague
toutinette
+2|6310|Canada
Inteligence u nubs, though i am talking of inteligence for evil
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6461|'Murka

Too many posters here without a clue as to what a weapon (that would be the topic of discussion in the OP) is.

Religion, mind, naturally occurring disease, etc.

None of those things are weapons. Period.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6694
2X4 with a rusty nail sticking out
General-Idea
+5|6049|USA, Central.
Swords were used for thousands of years. And they killed millions.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6694

General-Idea wrote:

Swords were used for thousands of years. And they killed millions.
whatever they used before swords was used a lot longer.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6497|Chicago, IL
disease can be a weapon, ancient armies would throw corpses down wells to infect the enemy people, rather than attempt to fight them head on.  The technique (or similar) was used at least until the 1700's and probably later.
FEOS
+1,182|6461|'Murka

S.Lythberg wrote:

disease can be a weapon, ancient armies would throw corpses down wells to infect the enemy people, rather than attempt to fight them head on.  The technique (or similar) was used at least until the 1700's and probably later.
Re-read what I posted.

I said naturally occurring disease. Besides, I addressed the corpse/carcass throwing in an earlier post. The numbers killed by that are minuscule in comparison to other weapons.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6497|Chicago, IL

FEOS wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Re-read what I posted.

I said naturally occurring disease. Besides, I addressed the corpse/carcass throwing in an earlier post. The numbers killed by that are minuscule in comparison to other weapons.
Perhaps intentionally, but that method is what initially brought the plague to Europe, and unleashed smallpox on Native Americans, and we know how that ended.

If you're looking for something that exists solely as a weapon, then I'd have to say the firearm or bombs (it would be hard to determine the kill count of either one)
Silentkillr69
+6|6228|Chicago
Swords. gas chambers,
BVC
+325|6746
Swords proportionally, or the AK47 numerically.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

FEOS wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

There is simply too little statistical information available to tell, and the "human factor" isn't even taken into consideration...
A prime example of "too little statistical information" is found in a book titled "Armies of Pestilence: The Impact of Disease on History" by R. S. Bray. I also recommend it to anyone who thinks that disease is not a weapon, even if mostly accidental.
If disease accidentally kills millions (say, the Black Death in the Middle Ages) then it is by definition not a weapon--man did not use it against another man. For a bug to be considered a weapon, it must be employed by man with the specific intent of harming his fellow man. For example, the smallpox-laced blankets given to the Native Americans. In that case, smallpox was indeed used as a weapon. Smallpox infestations wiping out entire communities in the Middle Ages...not a weapon.

Just saying disease--specifically, naturally-occurring disease--is a weapon shows a clear misunderstanding of what a weapon is (and what it is not).

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/weapon

Not all-encompassing, but a good framework from which to proceed when you're talking about whether or not something is a weapon.

Bottomline: Just because something caused massive death (ie, swine flu in the early 1900's) does not mean that it is a weapon. It has to be packaged in some way so that it may be used intentionally by one against another.
So...

If a gun accidentally discharges and kills a man, it's not a weapon?
FEOS
+1,182|6461|'Murka

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

So...

No, but good catch on my argument.

What was the gun designed for? The taking of life. The same cannot be said of naturally-occurring disease.
― Albert Einstein

daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6304|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
I have a desire to say Mustard gas of ww1. However, I'm far more inclined to say swords/knives. Nice thread as well. Better than all those,  Which is the best weapon in BF2?!

Last edited by daddyofdeath (2007-11-29 03:08:45)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6337|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

djphetal wrote:

the index finger.
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
JahManRed
wank
+646|6679|IRELAND

In history.... probably the maxim guns used in WW1.

Now a days........ridiculous, politically motivated sanctions.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6808|Argentina

FEOS wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

So...

No, but good catch on my argument.

What was the gun designed for? The taking of life. The same cannot be said of naturally-occurring disease.
I thought they were designed to sell more games like bf2 or cod4.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6606
Disease. Helped the Euros no end in their conquest of 'the new world'.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6421|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

Gawwad wrote:

nighthawk843 wrote:

Disease is the greatest weapon in history. It has killed billions and will continue to do so.
It's not a weapon.
Yes it is. Disease can be used for whatever purpose. MRSA, SARS, can all be seen as weapons.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6787|Salt Lake City

The most dangerous weapon in history is the female menstrual cycle.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6703|pimelteror.de

DonFck wrote:

AK47. That's my guess.

Most manufactured, most sold, most used in politically unstable countries.
The AK47 is truly a weapon of mass destruction. Forget Nukes and shit - people get killed by this rifle all over the world.
Lai
+186|6202

toutinette wrote:

Inteligence...........................................
Or the lack of it,..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard