Superslim wrote:

To change your Battlefield 2 user name (GameSpy ID) to the one that has the appropriate privileges through the EA.com Website:

Go to www.ea.com, and choose your country if required.
Click the login button located at the top right of the page.
If you are already logged in you may skip this step.
Login with your EA.com name and password.
Click on your screen name located where the login button was, and choose My Account from the drop down menu.
Enter your password once again.
You will be brought to the My Account page. Click on the Downloads Info tab to find your Battlefield 2 Soldier Name.
Enter the Soldier name you use when playing Battlefield 2 online.

IMPORTANT:  The name requested is the soldier name you use when you are playing Battlefield 2 online.
Note: Be very careful when entering this name; you will only be able to change it 3 times a week.
I had the same issue TomHank had. I tried this method and tried to enter in Im_Dooomed for the 'Battlefield 2 Account Name' I wanted to use, and it just came with the error message saying "Error Updating Information The account name you entered is in use. Please try another account name."

I bought the booster pack collection, and I can play AF on my Im_Dooomed account, but I can't play EF with it. When I first tried to register Im_Dooomed with EF, it didn't let me, saying the same thing above "Account in use" so I just went with a different account name assuming I can change it later...But it isn't letting me!!
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.