Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6619|Washington, DC

I want to get that stupid "Backdraft" challenge out of the way, but I find it rather hard to find explosives. I used the Bomb Squad perk but I didn't really understand how it "reveals" enemy explosives to me.
Hurricane
Banned

Okay I'm calling bullshit, not a single person on here who's played COD4 knows how it works?
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6300
nope, thats why i didn't choose it
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6400|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
It shows a grey skull with an explosion under it (about the size of your crosshair), gerenally facing the way the explosive is pointed.

You need to be near the said device(either claymore or C4) and you'll be able to "see" it, even if it's through a wall.

When that's done, just shoot the thing (if you can get an angle) or toss a grenade in if you cant. Stun nades can also destroy them (Gotta be close though)

There's also two three-part challenges in the "Killer" section, which require you too kill someone with a "hostile" claymore and C4, respectively. This way, you can get up to two challenges in one go.

Personally, I dont find it overly useful, cause clays and C4 arent spammed too much, and I often see the lasers of the claymore beforehand. But on maps like Downpour, where it's VERY easy to hide them, it can be a great boon. I have it for my "Assassin" class.

Silenced SMG (varies on what challenges I'm doing)
Silenced USP .45 (More damage than the M9, and bigger capacity than the 1911. Deagle is a no-go for quiet)
Perk 1: Bomb Squad (Good to notice the odd claymore before doing a knife rush)
Perk 2: UAV Jammer (These come up often enough, and not showing up as a red dot behind an opponent who's somewhat alert is great)
Perk 3: Dead Silence (Sprint without making noise? The Splinter Cell guy in me just died of happiness)
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6300

SplinterStrike wrote:

It shows a grey skull with an explosion under it (about the size of your crosshair), gerenally facing the way the explosive is pointed.

You need to be near the said device(either claymore or C4) and you'll be able to "see" it, even if it's through a wall.

When that's done, just shoot the thing (if you can get an angle) or toss a grenade in if you cant. Stun nades can also destroy them (Gotta be close though)

There's also two three-part challenges in the "Killer" section, which require you too kill someone with a "hostile" claymore and C4, respectively. This way, you can get up to two challenges in one go.

Personally, I dont find it overly useful, cause clays and C4 arent spammed too much, and I often see the lasers of the claymore beforehand. But on maps like Downpour, where it's VERY easy to hide them, it can be a great boon. I have it for my "Assassin" class.

Silenced USP .45 (More damage than the M9, and bigger capacity than the 1911. Deagle is a no-go for quiet)
Perk 2: UAV Jammer (These come up often enough, and not showing up as a red dot behind an opponent who's somewhat alert is great)
Perk 3: Dead Silence (Sprint without making noise? The Splinter Cell guy in me just died of happiness)
Thank you
and i haven't said this in a while but +1

Last edited by teamorange (2007-11-25 17:22:12)

ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6511
i got that backfire challenge without even knowing it. just use the gl a lot, and it will happen eventually.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6429|Brisbane, Australia

I shows a little icon above it like when they are on your team, except saying they are hostile.

It has already been answered, but whatever.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Hurricane
Banned

SplinterStrike wrote:

Remind me to karma you tomorrow. Oh, and that kit setup sounds sexcellent for my Spec Ops class.
shoopysean
+11|6124
I got mine without knowing as well. Just through a crapload of air strikes I think.
Thanks for the info on the Bomb Squad perk cause I've only used it once and couldn't tell what specialness it possessed.
Like you said there's little claymore and C4 use so I don't reckon I'd use Bomb Squad very often unless I really want that "How the?" challenge.
PureFodder
+225|6275
Bomb squad is fantastic. It allows other people to deprive themselves of 2 extra grenades, making them easier to kill.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6400|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

PureFodder wrote:

Bomb squad is fantastic. It allows other people to deprive themselves of 2 extra grenades, making them easier to kill.
Lmao.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard