maxfatily
+1|6223
I'm just curious if i should buy it or not.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6333|Oregon
* ARE bf2142 and northern strike worth it?????????
colt.45
I use air hacks.
+25|6472|B.C Canada
no, stick with vanilla.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6437|Brisbane, Australia

Do you have 2142? If you do, yes NS is worth it (its like $10 anyway - just don't eat for a night ). If you don't have 2142, I would recommend it if you like a balanced game, and aren't obsessed with jets/helos - it is a very infantry centric game.

(I do not condone not eating for a night to fund the purchase of NS)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6528|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Get 2142 and NS..you will like the PAC Speeder.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6744|The United Center

djphetal wrote:

Technically he's correct, although it depends on the question being asked.

If he's asking if both products are worth it, then "are" would be used.

If he's asking if both products are worth it, but asking about each one, then "is" would be used.

Think of it this way...

"Are BF2142 and Northern Strike worth getting?"  or "Is BF2142 and is Northern Strike worth getting?"
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6437|Brisbane, Australia

ThomasMorgan wrote:

djphetal wrote:

If he's asking if both products are worth it, but asking about each one, then "is" would be used.

Think of it this way...

"Are BF2142 and Northern Strike worth getting?"  or "Is BF2142 and is Northern Strike worth getting?"
lol, are you sure you're absolutely correct Tmo?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6595|Cheshire. UK
Well I enjoy playing them both...the are just different enough to BF2 to make them enjoyable...but I still play BF2 also
Sambuccashake
+126|6608|Sweden
I didn't enjoy NS as much as I thought but I think it'a because I felt a bit "fooled" by the "Infantry focused battles" and instead got "vehicle whores R' Us".

It's still a very, very good booster pack and well worth the $10.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6641

yes.
doc. josh
+48|6542

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

it is a very infantry centric game.

No i would say it a  very noobcentric game NO one in the game uses VOIP and barley any one listens to squad leaders orders its so gay!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465
Ten bucks gets you 10 new unlocks, 11 new awards, 3 awesome new maps, two new and fun to use vehicles and tons of pwnage.

Yeah its worth it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Ten bucks gets you 10 new unlocks, 11 new awards, 3 awesome new maps, two new and fun to use vehicles and tons of pwnage.

Yeah its worth it.
QFT.

doc. josh wrote:

No i would say it a  very noobcentric game NO one in the game uses VOIP and barley any one listens to squad leaders orders its so gay!
QFL.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6628|New Hampshire, USA
Is 2142 worth it period?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Ice Cold Killa
+26|6441|Perth, W.A, Australia.
well it is for about a month and a bit but once you have all the ranks its sooo boring and you just end up going back to bf2.
Ryan
+1,230|6840|Alberta, Canada

ThomasMorgan wrote:

djphetal wrote:

Think of it this way...

Grammar King.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6654|Devil's Perch

Sambuccashake wrote:

I didn't enjoy NS as much as I thought but I think it'a because I felt a bit "fooled" by the "Infantry focused battles" and instead got "vehicle whores R' Us".

It's still a very, very good booster pack and well worth the $10.
Completely agreed. I had had uninstalled 2142 several weeks before the release but friends recommending NS made me purchase and the play the booster - and all of a sudden, I was pretty much back in it. However, I found out I still prefer good firefights in Gibraltar, Berlin, Tunis, Belgrade. That is - in my opinion - what the new maps lack. They are indeed to vehicle-centered, which is reasonable of course, as the two new vehicles would have been wasted if they weren't used on all new maps.
Proud member of a dead community.
Tsavo_Killjoy
+4|6440

Yeah its worth it.
crashmctavish
Liquidat0r's Neuro Surgeon.....
+4|6438|uk

doc. josh wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

it is a very infantry centric game.

2 Questions.

Number 1. Have you actually played the game and the booster pack?
Number 2. Who the hell is barley?

Zefar
+116|6646|Sweden

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Well here is a newsflash, NO ONLINE FPS game have those features when playing PUBLIC. So that comment apply to every single FPS online game in the world. Even BF2 which actually is worse what I remember.

To the OP, yup totally worth the 10 bucks it cost.
bennisboy
+829|6643|Poundland
Get it, I did n I love them both. Also its more squad orientated than BF2 because you get more points for helping out near where an order is set. This is great if you have a good squad leader.

I recommend you get this game, most people that gun it haven't played it, they just dont like the future setting.

As for NS I'm not sure, I wasn't majorly keen but I was pretty crap at assual when I first played it, so I might try it again and see how I get on now I can rule with the krylov
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6442|The Land of Scott Walker

Yeah its worth it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard