Tearsofromance
+0|6710|Canada
Honestly, these 'resetting people's accounts' are getting stupid, EA is making useless moves. instead of wasting their time on worrying that 'oh! vengence is a good player! lets reset him' (no offence to you vengence, just seen your name, lol.) Now, i'll admit it, im addicted to this game, i may have a really slow/crappy computer but i stil play it, and i think it is  agreat game. but at the way im playing now, it wont be long before im up at the rank of 2nd Lt. I have been playing this game for 145:51:21 and i am almost at the rank of First Sergeant, now i hear about all these threads saying "So and so has only 700hours of playing time and is in the top twenty!!!! He cheats!!!!" But anyways, the point is, whether people stat pad or not, there are some pure players out there, (Myself, Vengence and some other top players.) who are going to have to go through this shit and dont really want to, SO my main point is instead of BITCHING your poor little heart out on a community forum that has no power over EA, go BITCH AT THE EA FORUMS!!!!

HERES A LINK: http://www.ea.com/ FIND THE FORUMS AND BITCH AWAY
AD_Kensan
+7|6808
I think many people in here do not understand the meaning of the word glitch.

Webster Dictionary wrote:

1 a : a usually minor malfunction <a glitch in a spacecraft's fuel cell>; also : 2BUG 2 b : a minor problem that causes a temporary setback : SNAG
2 : a false or spurious electronic signal
Now there is no verb "to glitch" or anything like that.

The "Karkand-Hotel glitch" is a bug in the map where you can somehow get into the hotel and shoot people but they can not shoot you.

To my knowledge there is no "C4 glitch". If you mean by making extensive use of C4 in Karkand, I see no reason why EA would reset your stats for that. You are not abusing the system in any way or taking advantage of any bug.
vesty12
+0|6687|Copenhagen
Ok maybe im a little bit slow on the uptake.. but are their stats being reset because of Karkand Hotel bug/glitch use or for stat padding?
Hugh_Jasss
Death is my Dominion
+10|6681|Sydney, Australia

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Any more posts about how to glitch and/or stat pad and your posts will be deleted and your account to this forum suspended.
oops.... my bad.
Just thought people should know about it - its going to be removed next patch anyway. And should they ever do it, people will complain and they'll be banned/have stats wiped.

EDIT: oh, and it brings about awareness - so if you see a tank with a crazy spinning turret you know what hes up to.

Last edited by Hugh_Jasss (2006-02-05 13:01:07)

washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6735
preservance?? all he does is killing shitload of people with apc..

why would his stats get reseted?
bigelectricat
+3|6715

Rakasan wrote:

You are very honorable for admitting your wrong doing.
there is nothing honorable in admitting to wrong doing if you get caught. he has no choice but to admit especially if there are screenshots of him doing it. one guy posted the screenshots in this forum.

Last edited by bigelectricat (2006-02-05 13:09:24)

bigelectricat
+3|6715

DrunkFace wrote:

plus.smiley the top australian player also got reset
yeah he 'honourably admited' that he stat padded by switching to the winning team near the end of each round in order to gain more points and increase his win ratio.

Last edited by bigelectricat (2006-02-05 13:07:21)

clncmmndr
+5|6798|Laguna Beach, CA
If you say NASTIE's stats are wiped and other people's, then why do their stats still say over 260,000 points??
MotherGoose
+0|6831

clncmmndr wrote:

If you say NASTIE's stats are wiped and other people's, then why do their stats still say over 260,000 points??
Up in the 'Announcements' the Stats feed is still down. Check other stats sites - it's confirmed they're history. You won't see them in the Top 10 for a while, if they really are as good as they say they are.

Hey, have you got some tips on Shock Paddle kills - I have 0! I would like just one... do you hit them on the ground or where do you point if they are standing up?
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6762|Omaha, Nebraska

MotherGoose wrote:

clncmmndr wrote:

Up in the 'Announcements' the Stats feed is still down. Check other stats sites - it's confirmed they're history. You won't see them in the Top 10 for a while, if they really are as good as they say they are.

Hey, have you got some tips on Shock Paddle kills - I have 0! I would like just one... do you hit them on the ground or where do you point if they are standing up?
You can do it either way just point at them with the Cross Hairs and make sure your close.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6850|Australia

bigelectricat wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

yeah he 'honourably admited' that he stat padded by switching to the winning team near the end of each round in order to gain more points and increase his win ratio.
teamswapping gets you no points, just the win.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=163570#p163570
thats the list atm, and counting.
Smiley
+1|6679|Newcastle, NSW, Australia

bigelectricat wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

yeh u dont gain points from it, so thats why i didnt think it was bad doing it.

Its not really an admission, but just letting u know thats why mine got reset, so hopefully noone else will make the same mistake as me.
Rakasan
+7|6860|California, USA
If the point is for the WCR, I think it's kind of bad.  Not many have a win/loss ratio > 3.  In EA's top ~45K players, there are about 195 ppl who have a W/L > 3.0.

Jesus, this guy has a W/L of ~33:1

http://www.bf2s.com/player/61179372/, obvious team swicher for the WCR or just can't stand losing so he switches.
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6728|Central Valley,California
Woah! And Perverseance (however you spell it) just liked armor. So he got his stats reset. Fucking bullshit.

Last edited by Fuzzball_the_Shooter (2006-02-05 20:12:11)

Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6811|England
Where does it state in the terms and conditions that you cannot switch teams to increase your W/L ratio?
Surely EA can’t reset your stats for doing this when nobody was told it was not permitted?
By doing this you are not using any kind of glitch, you are not putting yourself in an advantage above others and you gain no points from doing it.

If they are going to make an award with these kind of requirements isn’t it to be expected that the majority of people are going to switch teams to get it?
I started going for this ribbon at around 1000 wins and 900 losses, I realized that it would take around 2000 wins without loosing to achieve, a near impossible task without team switching, however I forced myself to play on shitty foreign servers that had auto balance turned off for months and now have increased my ratio to 2:1 with only 1000 more wins to go.

So now people are “claiming” to have been reset for doing just this, obviously until I can find out for sure im going to stop switching for the time being as I don’t want to risk loosing 80,000 points. But is there a way I can find out for sure? Some way I can contact an appropriate person from EA?

Any help would be much appreciated, and any flame will be ignored since I couldn’t care less what people think of team switching, once you are in the last 5 tickets you have lost and no amount of team switchers will change that.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6811|England

Fuzzball_the_Shooter wrote:

Woah! And Perverseance (however you spell it) just liked armor. So he got his stats reset. Fucking bullshit.
Perverseance had his account and CD Key banned due to cheating, same with Anubis.
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
Who's next freaking {TA}FireStorm? Jesus.
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
Woah Woah Woah, Anubis now has to BUY the game again because his CD key was banned?
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6850|Australia

Kobrakai wrote:

Fuzzball_the_Shooter wrote:

Perverseance had his account and CD Key banned due to cheating, same with Anubis.
I like amour. im going to play 400h of it.
teh adam
+2|6709
Power really corrupts people... the guys at www.bf2rankedservers.com think they are gods in the community. They think they are helping it so much.

To get someone's stats reset just photoshop some screenshots and BAM their stats are reset.

Like look at poor glopje he did nothing wrong and the witch hunters at bf2rankedservers think he stat padded/hacked 24,000 thousand points while being commander

EA's reasoning for these reset is also pretty lame "There is no expiry date on padded stats. Should you come under the microscope and have stats that were dishonestly obtained you are likely to be wiped. It is a fairly unforgiving system, but it's a must to keep up with the demand."

Its a must to keep up with the demand... wtf does that mean???

Last edited by teh adam (2006-02-05 21:20:25)

FFOLKES
+39|6786

teh adam wrote:

Power really corrupts people... the guys at www.bf2rankedservers.com think they are gods in the community. They think they are helping it so much.

To get someone's stats reset just photoshop some screenshots and BAM their stats are reset.

Like look at poor glopje he did nothing wrong and the witch hunters at bf2rankedservers think he stat padded/hacked 24,000 thousand points while being commander

EA's reasoning for these reset is also pretty lame "There is no expiry date on padded stats. Should you come under the microscope and have stats that were dishonestly obtained you are likely to be wiped. It is a fairly unforgiving system, but it's a must to keep up with the demand."

Its a must to keep up with the demand... wtf does that mean???
Sorry you are wrong. 

They did not get their stats reset by looking at a photoshopped image.  They can review the server/player's history to determine if there was any statpadding.  They also routinely monitor servers where a player who has been reported is playing to see any suspicious activity to back up a claim.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6728|Antarctica

Tearsofromance wrote:

Honestly, these 'resetting people's accounts' are getting stupid, EA is making useless moves. instead of wasting their time on worrying that 'oh! vengence is a good player! lets reset him' (no offence to you vengence, just seen your name, lol.) Now, i'll admit it, im addicted to this game, i may have a really slow/crappy computer but i stil play it, and i think it is  agreat game. but at the way im playing now, it wont be long before im up at the rank of 2nd Lt. I have been playing this game for 145:51:21 and i am almost at the rank of First Sergeant, now i hear about all these threads saying "So and so has only 700hours of playing time and is in the top twenty!!!! He cheats!!!!" But anyways, the point is, whether people stat pad or not, there are some pure players out there, (Myself, Vengence and some other top players.) who are going to have to go through this shit and dont really want to, SO my main point is instead of BITCHING your poor little heart out on a community forum that has no power over EA, go BITCH AT THE EA FORUMS!!!!

HERES A LINK: http://www.ea.com/ FIND THE FORUMS AND BITCH AWAY
PoEII is comming out in about 10 days anyways, screw the ranking system
x0pht
+0|6760
didnt u guys know that EA is the communists in gaming community?
teh adam
+2|6709

FFOLKES wrote:

Sorry you are wrong. 

They did not get their stats reset by looking at a photoshopped image.  They can review the server/player's history to determine if there was any statpadding.  They also routinely monitor servers where a player who has been reported is playing to see any suspicious activity to back up a claim.
Well lets say that person did stat pad once on their BF2 account... well then someone's scorecard image (photoshopped or not) could trigger an investigation which could find that round that they stat padded in which could get their stats reset.

The EA guy himself said that any stat padded stats (no matter how old) could get your account reset.
Tearsforromance
+0|6678

Tearsofromance wrote:

at the way im playing now, it wont be long before im up at the rank of 2nd Lt. I have been playing this game for 145:51:21 and i am almost at the rank of First Sergeant, there are some pure players out there, (Myself, Vengence and some other top players.) who are going to have to go through this shit and dont really want to
LOLOLOOLOLOLOL, i registered just for this noob. Tearsofromance, you die 4 times for every 3 kills you get. and according to your history, seargent major alone is about 4 and a half months away for you "it wont be long before im up at the rank of 2nd Lt." you sure about that? according to your history, again, ie your spm, that should take you somewhere along the lines of 2 years   so please, dont already think you're a "pure player" LOL and include yourself with the likes of Vengeance and 'other top players' HAHA. trust me, you are in no danger of being 'reset because you're that good' or even being mentioned at all by other community members, unless they're referring to some favorite victims

HERE'S ANOTHER LINK: http://bf2s.com/player/61769354/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard