Gunny_Prixxon
+0|6721|atlanta
less boring than most super bowls.  Let's see...2 drives and 1 long run was their whole game.  Penalties and dropped passes killed the Seahawks especially their tight end #86 Stevens (although he did have one touchdown reception.  You guys won but won ugly.

FYI:  I am from Baltimore and a Raven fan. Only 8 more months until the season starts again...
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6857|San Francisco

Oh, was that today... meh, football is boring.
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6743|In a van down by the river

Gunny_Prixxon wrote:

You guys won but won ugly.

FYI:  I am from Baltimore and a Raven fan.
A win is a win.  And you're probably just a little upset that the Raven's hated rival the Steelers were in there instead of the Ravens.
dankassasin42o
+68|6688|Reefersyde, CA
dont talk about such a gay sport please.  leave it to BF2
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6774|Toronto Canada
Super Bowl Champs

dankassasin42o wrote:

you clearly are some 30 year old loser who sits in his mother's basement. You have probably realized that you are either too ugly or too incompitent and thus devoted your life to bf2.

Suck it. Suck it long and hard.
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6816

dankassasin42o wrote:

If you notice this is the "Not BF2s, Not BF2" section. So do shut the fuck up.
makeuser
+5|6733|Texas

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Da Steelers dats who.
Amen Brother!!!  GO STEELERS!!!

And if you don't like the topic piss off & STFU!

And to the Ravens fan, it's a good rivalry, but you will always be the bastard Baltimore team that belongs in Cleveland (the real one is now playing in Indiana, !@#$% Irsay/Modell).  And you're purple for god's sake!   Ray Lewis?  Porter/Kirkland/Lloyd ran their yaps, but they backed it up All The Time.  When you find a quarterback you might contend with the Steelers.

On The Game - the 2nd half was good.

Super Bowl Champions!  One for the thumb!  Go Steelers!
Orion5413
+4|6696|Irving Tx
I could have gone either way on this one I hate the seabags(Old afc west team) and I hate the steelers....But who knows we might just hire one of your coachs but big AL will ruin him too.(Raiders fan)...
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6822
Aussies rules ftw
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6798|Singapore

What's FTW?

And yes i love Aussie Rules Rugby baby.
Zanzura
Shallow and Pedantic
+2|6681|Toronto, Ontario, Canada
"For The Win"
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6733
American football-Well it anit football...fotball is a totally differnt game and was invented by the english...so next time you decide to invent a girly game...dont nick our decent games name...p.s why american football...thats like calling baseball american golf?
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6830|Delaware
I'd be almost willing to say that was the Stupid Bowl. The refs were Pro Pittsburgh and you could tell. It almost looked as if they were paid off by the Steelers to only call against the Seahawks.
I2elik
+12|6761|Perth, Western Australia

polarbearz wrote:

What's FTW?

And yes i love Aussie Rules Rugby baby.
Aussie Rules Football, as in our own version of football..geeze. Nothing like rugby.
Home
Section.80
+447|6857|Seattle, Washington, USA

SysTray wrote:

The refs were Pro Pittsburgh and you could tell. It almost looked as if they were paid off by the Steelers to only call against the Seahawks.
I agree. Not that I'm whining, but if those were fair calls it could've really changed the outcome of the game.
makeuser
+5|6733|Texas

Lt.Maverick|Lw| wrote:

American football-Well it anit football...fotball is a totally differnt game and was invented by the english...so next time you decide to invent a girly game...dont nick our decent games name...p.s why american football...thats like calling baseball american golf?
another side benefit of being the most powerful nation in he world, we can call it whatever the !@#$ we want (immigrant marketeers co-opting everything)...  thank god we don't call baseball american cricket, it'd be twice as boring - 3 day test?!?!

soccer/football -> rugby union -> rugby league -> american capitalism/greed became football/grid iron w/loads of commercials interspersed with at most 8 seconds of action.   It's truly a boring game and waste of athletic talent, but if you grew up with it ya gotta pay attention to it on some level.

tell me how aussie rules developed?  micks on a far removed island + drink + syphilitic sheep

union all the way - S14
zerobeast33
+4|6688|Steel City
OHH YEEEEEAAAH BABY! I've waited 25 years for this!
I was downtown Pittsburgh (South side) last night after the Steelers won. Totally craziness. Freakin never saw so much Black N Gold. *And did you see Ford Field? Looked like a million terrible towels. They said it was 90-10 Steeler fans. No greater fans - in ANY sport!  I lost my voice practically before game getting fired up!

It might not have been a blow out or a game that we have outplayed Seattle completely (who is still waiting 30+ years for a Ring!) BUT, when it comes down to it, we made the plays that count. Couldn't ask for a better ending for a future hall of famer - The Bus.

*Systray - Go cry in a corner dude. We've got screwed all year. And it's not like they took our side. In The superbowl, the refs call a little more closer of a game. The push off in the endzone- was a push off. Holding on the O-line - He held Haggans. So, is it the ref's fault that Seattle couldn't get anything going?  You're just pissed cause you're from Delaware. Is that even a state? Game over!

Homeschtar - Hey to be honest with you, if the Steelers didn't make it I honestly would have cheered on Seattle. I like them to a point. (other when they're playing the steelers) It sucks they don't get any respect, but hopefully they can earn it over the upcoming years. Good game though.

And one more thing that is true to all pittsburghers!:

If you ain't a Steeler fan,
you ain't sh*t!!   

HERE WE GO STEELERS!
Who Ride? - We Ride!

Last edited by zerobeast33 (2006-02-06 11:36:20)

S4INT05
+1|6739|79605, TX
the officials could have done a  better job. i don't think rothlisberger was in for that TD, and i don't think there was holding on the seahawks in the second half, and after that hasselbeck threw an INT. the officials should be held to a higher standard. i think they should be fined for making terrible calls.

i'm glad the steelers won. the bus got his farewell salute, and and after 12 years of coaching Cowher got his ring.

to the people who are bashing on american football, who cares if you don't like this sport? this is obviously a football topic and if you don't like american football, then don't post in here - simple as that. "don't talk about such a gay sport" or calling it a "girly game" just shut the fuck up. you'll only piss people off. football is huge in america, and we take pride in our teams, just as you do with your soccer or fotball. we're not bashing your country's soccer team in this topic, so keep your "football is gay" shit out of ours.

*phew..sorry.

anyways, the steelers really deserved superbowl 40...Randall El to Hines Ward was an amazing play...as they did it earlier in the year. they're a versitile team.
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6816

S4INT05 wrote:

anyways, the steelers really deserved superbowl 40...Randall El to Hines Ward was an amazing play...as they did it earlier in the year. they're a versitile team.
That play was the most impressive play of the Superbowl.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6742|Oslo, Norway
did not watch it, decided the lingerine bowl was better for me
S4INT05
+1|6739|79605, TX

oJmHo wrote:

That play was the most impressive play of the Superbowl.
It was a PERFECT spiral!!! amazing pass!
The Buzz
Hired to kill... you... and you...and you
+8|6740|Québec, Canada
Mick Jagger... now that was impressive. Half time time show with a bunch of 60+ rockers in tip top shape. Great game though... slow start but overall nice ball game... gotta like all the old MVP's comin out for the game also.
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6743|In a van down by the river

Homeschtar wrote:

SysTray wrote:

The refs were Pro Pittsburgh and you could tell. It almost looked as if they were paid off by the Steelers to only call against the Seahawks.
I agree. Not that I'm whining, but if those were fair calls it could've really changed the outcome of the game.
The only bad call was the chop block.  Wide receivers are not allowed to intentionally put their hand on the defender no matter how hard he pushes.   The Roethlisberger TD run couldn't have been overturned.  It was already ruled a TD on the field.  It would have taken definitive evidence to overturn it, and frankly, there was no indisputable evidence saying he didn't make it.  I think the call could have gone either way.  If it had been ruled no TD originally, they would not have overturned it to say it was a TD.  But lets not forget that the Seahawks were 5-17 on third down conversions so they only beat themselves.

And for those foreigners who say football sucks.  You've never played it nor watched an actual game I'm sure so you guys can't really talk about it like you know it.  I've never watched a rugby or soccer game, so I can't talk about them.

Last edited by =NAA=TheTaxidermist (2006-02-06 15:37:31)

Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6733
TBH it aint football...we invented football and the sport you have is full of over paid panises playing a streched out version of rugby...k...i can rant if i want

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard