Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6811|England
Since there are obviously a lot more things EA don’t want you doing other than those stated in the terms and conditions, I think we should form a list so that everyone is clear therefore avoiding anymore stats resets during this witch hunt.

Firstly I can add the following items:

- Changing to the winning team. (Yes poor Plus.Smiley was done for this)
- Using flash/grapple/zip too much. (Somebody was done for this, I think it was poor |Nerv|Raxor.
- Being in the same round where stats padding is taking place. (Poor Veng3nce was done for this one)

I don’t think we need to mention the obvious things such as stats padding just the obscure things that normal sane people wouldn’t even think would be wrong.

So basically the best thing you can do is always join the loosing team at the end of the round and never use zip/grapple/flash. Oh and its highly recommended that you don’t reach 2nd Lt. if you find yourself getting close to this rank then my advice is to team kill as much as possible to get your score down.
Tomdom_321.au
+1|6760|bendigo, Aus
lol

so true
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6870|San Francisco

You can't be serious... Raxor was not reset for overuse of flash/grapple/zip. I have my doubts about veng3nce being reset for simply being in the same server as stat padding as well, but don't know for sure.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6850|Australia
yes. 95% of players wont fully admit why they were reset.
AdamEcks
+1|6726|Canada, Eh.
I've been noticing some people that got reset but "shouldn't have" were taking it very lightly. if I were to get reset because of something like throwing too many grapples, I would be pretty furious. This isn't hurting other players in anyway, and we aren't doing anything that wasn't initially put into the game. I have my doubts about most of those who "didn't deserve it".
Chowley
+1|6709|Ireland
Where can i get the terms and conditions btw ? :p

Probably a stupid question.
teh adam
+2|6709
they don't say anything about padding... only one line that says "exploiting" isn't allowed.

I reinstalled the game and tried to find another TOS that was more specific to BF2 but I didn't find it
dracul
+2|6830
IndianScout
+16|6698
The rules are simple, call it a witch hunt if you want..

the rules were put in place so players of ALL skill levels could enjoy the game..

not to be caught for 15 mins as a team knife revives him..

1. GLOBALLY ENFORCED RANKED SERVER RULES
These are rules that all admins/players using ranked servers are expected to observe and are set by EA under the EULA.
a. You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are on our servers or these Services, this will lead to immediate ban.
b. You may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) on any of our services. Clan recruiting is not prohibited.
c. You may not change (hack) any core game files or employ external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving yourself an unfair advantage over other players.
d. Server admins may not change any game settings defined as standard for ranked servers (ticket ratios, server password, round time, etc.)
e. Server admins may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)
f. Server admins may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on roles or kits that players can use while on your server e.g. Commander, Squad Leader, Spec Ops, etc.)
g. Server admins may not use non-standard maps or modified versions of standard maps.
h.Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their scores ("stats padding") and Server admins may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.
i. Players may not Impersonate EA ADMINS.

2. EA OFFICIAL PUBLIC SERVER RULES
These are rules that EA official server admins enforce to maintain friendly, disciplined servers and are in addition to the global rules defined above.
a. You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language in chat or voice mode. Not adhering to this rule will result in a warning followed by a kick or ban.
b. You may not use foul or slanderous language involving race, gender, sexual preference, religion or creed. Not adhering to this rule will result in a warning followed by a kick or ban.
c. You may not deliberately hinder your own team by Team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles or assets, or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team-kills.
Not adhering to this rule will result in a warning then kick (for wounding or damaging) or an immediate kick or temporary ban for deliberate kills.
d. You may not display abusive behavior towards administrators. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly, you may lodge an appeal on the official forums /ticket system (www.bf2rankedservers.com).
Not adhering to this rule will result in a warning followed by a kick or ban.

3. LOCAL (PRIVATELY RENTED) SERVER RULES
These are rules that are not enforced upon EA's public servers but may be in use upon privately rented servers. These rules are decided by the administrators for those servers and as long as they do not contradict any global rules enforced by EA are considered valid for those servers.
Examples of valid local rules *could* include:
- No artillery fire or bombing runs on main (uncapturable) bases.
- No prolongued or sustained attacks on main (uncapturable) bases (i.e. spawncamping).
- No using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
- No impersonating clan members.
- No using C4 on jeeps or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles.

so here is the Rules of Engagement,

see you on the battlefield

Indian

Last edited by IndianScout (2006-02-05 21:21:17)

tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6870|San Francisco

Thanks Indian, glad to have you about.
IndianScout
+16|6698
thanks,  glad to be here, 

great forums 
Maj.Do
+85|6775|good old CA
its a great forum when we dont have people complaining about stat padders and noob tubers lol
teh adam
+2|6709
Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their scores ("stats padding") and Server admins may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

Ya... glopje boosted his stats. Ohh wait a glitch in EA software did, but EA is perfect so he must have hacked. Seriously though he doesn't seem like an idiot like nitro... he made a whole thread about it explaining it but EA reset his whole account instead of just removing those points.

Last edited by teh adam (2006-02-05 21:27:36)

kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6850|Australia
Indian, What is the view of team switching for the win?  By doing this to achieve the war collage ribbbon warrent a reset?
Chowley
+1|6709|Ireland
Eh you cant recruit for clans on servers ?

Indian Scout were people banned for throwing grapples repetitively or for team switching. I dont think these are stat padding in anyones eyes. Certainly going by the TOS they really should'nt have been. They need to clarify stat padding then start wiping peoples stats.
IndianScout
+16|6698
well I personally believe that doing ANYTHING to alter the normal way a person gains medals or badges, is exploiting the game mechanics whether you found an glitch that DICE missed, or found a way to alter server settings like Knife only to gain expert badges....

EA has picked up on it as an exploit to gain the war college ribbon that you legally didnt win..
Maj.Do
+85|6775|good old CA
what about the scenariio with glopje?
teh adam
+2|6709
what does normal way mean... I think that could be different for every person. Also EA says they could reset your stats if you played on their knife/pistol servers even before they defined stat padding.

Thats sort of unfair considering everything was undefined before that point. Except exploiting which could be just about anything.

Last edited by teh adam (2006-02-05 21:39:50)

IndianScout
+16|6698
I've put in a request to EA about his stats, and as it's the weekend I wont get an answer for a few days..

one thing that amazes me is..

players find out that knife/pistol revive is stat padding..  some still do it, I busted a whole clan server today for it..

so for the most part the players deal with knowing the knife revive thing will get then reset..

so what do they do??

they move on to turning boats upside down and stat pad

and the list continues..

then when players get reset for knowingly doing something OUTSIDE the normal game play, they scream witch hunt and blame my admins and program for getting them reset, when it was them in the first place that cause their own troubles...
IndianScout
+16|6698

teh adam wrote:

what does normal way mean... I think that could be different for every person. Also EA says they could reset your stats if you played on their knife/pistol servers even before they defined stat padding.

Thats sort of unfair considering everything was undefined before that point. Except exploiting which could be just about anything.
your actually going to sit there and tell me, that when you or others found out that knife pistol revive made your scores very high, that you didnt know it was cheating.

give it a rest.,.,.

and the ROE has been around sice the game came out..
Chowley
+1|6709|Ireland

IndianScout wrote:

I've put in a request to EA about his stats, and as it's the weekend I wont get an answer for a few days..

one thing that amazes me is..

players find out that knife/pistol revive is stat padding..  some still do it, I busted a whole clan server today for it..

so for the most part the players deal with knowing the knife revive thing will get then reset..

so what do they do??

they move on to turning boats upside down and stat pad

and the list continues..

then when players get reset for knowingly doing something OUTSIDE the normal game play, they scream witch hunt and blame my admins and program for getting them reset, when it was them in the first place that cause their own troubles...
They are very obvious though. Where as firing off grapples a bored commander could do while waiting for assets to recharge. The team switching, well jesus thats not a glitch and it gives no advantage. I really cant see how they consider that an exploit. If they really do then they should reset the stats of every bf2 player and just give up on the game franchise.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6786

Does flying around Mashtur in the blackhawk with your 3 roommates destroying everyone in the server so that we all get 110+ scores count as stat padding?
Maj.Do
+85|6775|good old CA
maybe^  also what if u get stat padded does that get u a reset?
teh adam
+2|6709

IndianScout wrote:

teh adam wrote:

your actually going to sit there and tell me, that when you or others found out that knife pistol revive made your scores very high, that you didnt know it was cheating.

give it a rest.,.,.

and the ROE has been around sice the game came out..
When BF2 first came in the mail and I installed it I went searching for the BF2 ranked ROE on the internet.... no i didn't. You don't even get a chance to agree to it like the other EULAs/TOSs you just end up agreeing to it when you join a server (i think). There was no way for anyone to know unless they somehow knew it was there in the first place.

And how was I suppose to know how the game was supposed to be played... how was I to know what an average score was for one round? I didn't nor did anyone else. 100-200 points for a pistol/knife round didn't seem to bad compared to the 300+ points people made by blackhawk whoring. I will rest my case when I have to agree to the "BF2 ranked ROE" like I have to for the other EULAs/TOSs.
Orion5413
+4|6710|Irving Tx
Wait so switching teams is a glitch? expoilt?....I have been switched soooooo many times to the losing team by the server its not even funny...So I will have my stats reset if I switch on my own? How is that right?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard