namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6269
Well, to start off, America has been allies with Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia has been supplying oil to the US, while in return, America supply the Saudi's with fighter jets, tanks ect.
Now, to my knowledge, America attempts to spread democracy throughout the non-western world. Although, I think it is fairly hypocritical that America insists to spread democracy to places in the middle east e.g. Iraq. Yet they don’t intend anywhere in the near future to try and spread democracy though out Saudi Arabia, considering its a monarchy, and that has some of the worst human right laws in the world.

In my opinion, this is quite hypocritical of the American government.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by namsdrawkcaB (2007-08-09 06:47:47)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA
Even more hypocritical. What nationality were most of the 9-11 hijackers?
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6343|Kyiv, Ukraine
Even more hypocritical, who paid the bill for the entire 9/11 operation?

I'll mail a cookie to the first to answer.

Last edited by GorillaTicTacs (2007-08-09 07:43:00)

loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

If I am not mistaken. Osama Bin Laden purposely picked the 9-11 hijackers with saudian arabian descent. His intent is to drive a wedge between US and Saudia Arabia relations. Osama Bin Laden main purpose is to topple the monarchy that exist in S.A. and drive out the infidels on S.A. soil.

As for hypocrisy hell yah no denying it. The US and SA are strange bedfellows, but I guess one country can't expect another country to mirror the similar ideals.
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6269
Well, this all seems quite unfair dont ya think?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Use the search function.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-08-09 16:33:13)

The_Mac
+96|6195
What's sad is most liberals are actually falling for what Osama Bin Laden is saying. The idiocy is confounding.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

no
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

The_Mac wrote:

What's sad is most liberals are actually falling for what Osama Bin Laden is saying. The idiocy is confounding.
If you want to talk about idiocy, how about we talk about messing around with the Middle East in the first place?  9/11 was basically the culmination of what happens when you fuck around too much with a part of the world that mostly doesn't want you there.

Between the CIA's involvement in the Soviet War in Afghanistan and the Iran-Iraq War, we've spent a long time earning the hatred of various groups in the Middle East.

To me, the true idiots are the warmongers -- the people who believed that we'd be seen as "liberators" in Iraq.  It doesn't get much dumber than that....

Last edited by Turquoise (2007-08-09 16:37:17)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

no
Do you ever have something constructive to add?
Yes....in the many other threads about this.
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6269
What do u guys think about the hypocrisy of the america government?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

What do u guys think about the hypocrisy of the *insert country* government?
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6343|Kyiv, Ukraine

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

Hypocrisy of the government?  I don't believe our Constitution is the least bit hypocritical.  Nor do I believe that our current neo-conservatives in power are hypocritical.  So long as you pay attention to what they do along with knowledge of their stated agenda, they aren't the least bit hypocritical and are serving their interests quite well.

If you want hypocrisy, you need to look at leaders in the religious right however, seems like a new scandal every week involving underage kids, homosexuality, drugs, prostitution, or all 4.

For the left, we have Hillary Clinton, trying to be populist but being awash with corporate money for her campaign.  Sick.
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6269

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

Hypocrisy of the government?  I don't believe our Constitution is the least bit hypocritical.

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

Well, to start off, America has been allies with Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia has been supplying oil to the US, while in return, America supply the Saudi's with fighter jets, tanks ect.
Now, to my knowledge, America attempts to spread democracy throughout the non-western world. Although, I think it is fairly hypocritical that America insists to spread democracy to places in the middle east e.g. Iraq. Yet they don’t intend anywhere in the near future to try and spread democracy though out Saudi Arabia, considering its a monarchy, and that has some of the worst human right laws in the world.

In my opinion, this is quite hypocritical of the American government.

What do you guys think?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS

Turquoise wrote:

The_Mac wrote:

If you want to talk about idiocy, how about we talk about messing around with the Middle East in the first place?  9/11 was basically the culmination of what happens when you fuck around too much with a part of the world that mostly doesn't want you there.

Between the CIA's involvement in the Soviet War in Afghanistan and the Iran-Iraq War, we've spent a long time earning the hatred of various groups in the Middle East.

To me, the true idiots are the warmongers -- the people who believed that we'd be seen as "liberators" in Iraq.  It doesn't get much dumber than that....
The silence in response to this post deafens me.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6343|Kyiv, Ukraine

Spark wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

The_Mac wrote:

You have to separate the agendas of those in power from the system of checks and balances in our "Supreme Law of the Land".  You can't take our massive government as a whole, because in that case it would be labeled more "schizophrenia" than "hypocrisy".

Yes, we do have hypocritical policies enacted by parties with specific agendas, which add a lot of misery to the world (and ourselves).  Unfortunately, the hypocrisy of it all can be rooted to those Americans that aren't informed enough and vote against their own interests and by extension the interests of the world as a whole.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Spark wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

The_Mac wrote:

Then read thru this whole section for your answer.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-08-10 16:10:47)

Ej__gr
+0|6075
Do you know for a fact that at least  6 of the so called hijackers are still alive?? Or they failed to mention this in USA television and show them refusing it? 6 are alive but FBI refuses to take them of the list. Why ? so you believe this is the truth.

Even more hypocritical, who paid the bill for the entire 9/11 operation?

I'll mail a cookie to the first to answer.
A Pakistanian General send 100,000 us dollars to the head hijacker. And the general recieved the money from CIA. And this is probably not mentioned in USA television also and you didnt probaly see any interviw with the general admiting this...

You ppl dont bother to look up if the info you are fed are true or just planted.....

Last edited by Ej__gr (2007-08-10 21:41:48)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Soviet/Afghan war: We backed the Afghans...nice return of the favor there.

Iran/Iraq war: We backed Iraq against Iran. Arab over Persian. Again, nice return of the favor from the Arab world.

Not sure how backing the Muj and Iraq in their escapades would have earned their hatred...we were on their side.

As I've said in earlier posts...read the book "Cobra II" and you'll find out why the administration thought they would be welcomed as liberators. And, if you actually bother read any of the accounts of the early days of the invasion, you would see that the Coalition were welcomed as liberators (ref the scene of pulling down Saddam's statue after the second Thunder Run into Baghdad). The Fedayeen just proved to be a factor that was underestimated by some key decision makers...they are the ones who sowed the seeds of the current insurgency. Without the Fedayeen, there would still be civil strife due to the Sunni/Shi'a rift in Iraq, but the level of violence would likely be quite a bit lower and more progress would certainly have been made in building the government there.

Not saying mistakes WRT the Phase IV ops werent' made...they certainly were.

But we can't be bothered with facts when we have plenty of rhetoric supplied by arm-chair quarterbacks and biased media (on both sides). If you weren't there, weren't involved in the planning or execution of the operation (ie, don't have first/second- hand knowledge of the decisions made and why), you are speaking authoritatively from a position of ignorance. That never turns out well.

And as to hypocracy of govt (any govt) or fairness: It's not about fairness or anything else. It's about interests. And those interests change constantly...hence the perceived hypocracy and unfairness. That's why all the politicians seem alike: it takes a certain kind of person to be able to bury their "golden rule" gene. That's also why many of the truly good ones (JC Watts, for example) leave before they get too jaded.

Last edited by FEOS (2007-08-10 22:26:38)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard