Dont Know4%4% - 12
Total: 243
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6819

luckybaer wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

Yea, Kerry shot himself in the foot during a firefight in Vietnam so he would get to go home and hid while his squad mates were getting shot. I don't think I would want a person like that as my president.
Isnt it funny that Bush was in the National Guard, never went to war and he didnt even put himself through physical pain to get out of it, no not little Bush... he went AWOL, didnt even bother shooting himself. I love ignorant people.

YOUR FUCKIN WAR PRESIDENT HAS NEVER BEEN TO WAR. He didnt even leave the US of A until he was President... John Kerry has been to war, and I would love to know where you got the info on him shooting himself in the foot.

Edit: Flame away people... flame away.
By your logic, if you haven't experienced something you can't have an opinion or make a decision?

I mean, I've never been raped, but I sure as Hell think it is a horrible crime and that perpetrators should be jailed for a long, LONG time.

So, if a President never went to war or never served, he has no right to make the decision to go to war?  Does his lack of combat experience make his decision somewhat less than moral?  That's bizzaro world thinking.

By that logic, President Bush should only make policy decisions on things that he has direct experience with?  OK.  He'll be making energy decisions since he has experience in the oil industry.  He can make commerce decisions since he ran a business.  He can make transportation decisions since he's driven a car and flown in a plane.  Is he allowed to make policy on health care since I'm sure he's been ill at one point in time?  You're out there, man.  We're talking flying with the moon bats...

I admire your passion, and I don't question your intelligence, but you're obviously overwhelmed with so much emotion that you aren't thinking straight and have taken a first class trip to Bizzaro World.
No, by that logic Bush would be ordering the rape, without experiencing it himself.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6701|NJ

mustang0341 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

mustang0341 wrote:

depsite approval ratings , if Bush could talk like Clinton the american poeple would love him........
I mean shit Clinton got head in the white house (cheated on his wife ) and talked his way back into american's hearts..............I admit proudly that I voted for Bush ( alot of which had to do with me being in the military ) but he really is an idot when talking impromtu!!!! I mean wow...........
Why did you being in the military weigh your vote towards Bush?
I had just been discharged from the Marine Corps with the possibility of being called back up to active duty ........so I chose the one candidate who had a solid plan still outlined for Iraq , while Kerry tiptoed around the subject of what his plans are or were at the time. Not to mention that Bush is a republican and by nature republicans tend to be pro military not that democrats are not it is just that when it comes to spending and what not the republican party is gung ho for us military boys/girls. I will say that I did like Kerry's education reform very much , but as I stated earlier the military was a HUGE part of my life right then and I wanted someone who who stick to their guns for lack of a better term.......that is my two cents on it.....
Also with the probabilty of me being called back my mother also voted for Bush , well because I am the apple of her eye and Kerry well who the hell knew what he wanted to do with Iraq...( sorry that was so redundant).....other poeple may not agree with that but that is why they say never to argue about religion and politics I guess.........
But in all honesty was Bush's plan for Iraq a solid one?  I know the war was something that was needed I'm not sure of the timeing though we have so many other direct threats out there. Our econimy is servierly damaged right now and the money that was spent on the war could have gone to better use at home.

Also alot of the equipment that went to war didn't have the armor(humvee's mostly) to protect you guys properly. We also still haven't found Bin Laden, who should have been target number 1.  Getting Sadam out of office was a victory for the Iraqi people but not really one for the american people, because he didn't pose a great threat to us, like North Korea and Iran.  The Iraq's where loving us for a while but I belive their feelings towards us are running thin, from what I've been reading is there not too happy about the Quadia either. Now I know my news is pointing towards the left and in the military your's in pointing to the right, but things don't always work out the way you want them to and Bush doesn't seem to have an other plan of attack for Iraq other then policeing them for 2 more years intill we get a new president(then it's not his problem anymore).

Then you have the other problem of things really not going the way you plan them in Palistine, they had a democrated election and the terrorist group had a major victory.
cpt.fass1
+329|6701|NJ
It's not a elitist northern attatude it's the truth, why do you think the north is so expensive to live?  Yeah companies up here just pay more cause people need the money to live, so why don't the companies move to the south?  Because they will not find the workforce required to bring in the money, they will only find laborers and farmers.

We are the brains of the operation we take your goods and make them into things like clothing, then sell them.  Our number 1 tool we have is people a farmer can make a ton of food, cotton, etc, but with no one to buy it, it would rot. We have the population to put your goods to use, the southerns might be the heart of america, but the northerners are the brains. You pump the blood through our body while we tell the body what to do. Our econimy is hurting right now cause th heart obviously outweights the brains and is making the wrong disecions. Under Clinton our country was doing great, we had a strong econimy, good relations with other countries, low unemployment.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6699|San Francisco

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

LOL HOLY CRAP CALIFORNIA CAN BARELY KEEP ITSELF OUT OF DEBT.  Then only thing keeping them afloat is silicone valley and hollywood. Lose those two and your illegals will finish fucking california blind.  Yes the standard of living has alot to do with what states pay more.  Why pay 500,000 dollars a year for an apartment in New York City when i can own a house with 2,400 sq. feet in the dallas area for 200k.  Standards of living is why those states have to pay so many taxes.  It costs more to live there hence companies have to pay more to employees.  The more money someone makes the more taxes they have.  That is why they produce most of the countries taxes.  The north does not produce half of what the south does in overall goods.  The south is the middle class of america and they are who keeps our country working.  Not you pussy footing Armani wearing jackasses who think the south does nothing for this country.  WE ARE YOUR MILITARY, YOUR WORKFORCE, AND PEOPLE WHO WORK HARD FOR OUR MONEY, WE GROWN ALMOST ALL OF YOUR FOOD, COTTON, ETC.  ITS OUR PRODUCTION OF GOODS THAT BRING IN THE MOST CASH FOR THIS COUNTRY.  If you think that I am wrong show me some stats....this may not be the case with each individual state by any means but the overall averages of the Liberal states vs Republican states will show you the numbers of production.  I'm sick of the northerners thinking they are above all and that conservative states are useless to them.
I'd like to point you to these letters:
http://www.intellectualpoison.com/IPSid … etter.html
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library … ession.htm

They are political jokes, but they have a good ring of truth to them as well...
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6776|Atlanta, GA USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

It's not a elitist northern attatude it's the truth, why do you think the north is so expensive to live?  Yeah companies up here just pay more cause people need the money to live, so why don't the companies move to the south?  Because they will not find the workforce required to bring in the money, they will only find laborers and farmers.

We are the brains of the operation we take your goods and make them into things like clothing, then sell them.  Our number 1 tool we have is people a farmer can make a ton of food, cotton, etc, but with no one to buy it, it would rot. We have the population to put your goods to use, the southerns might be the heart of america, but the northerners are the brains. You pump the blood through our body while we tell the body what to do. Our econimy is hurting right now cause th heart obviously outweights the brains and is making the wrong disecions. Under Clinton our country was doing great, we had a strong econimy, good relations with other countries, low unemployment.
You're wrong there, my friend.  Companies in NYC, for example, have to pay more to offset the exhorbitantly high cost of living.  Do you think all of the big law firms in NY get all of their lawyers from that area?  That doesn't make sense. 
You're also forgetting about engineering, the majority of which is not done in the NE.  For example, does Intel have any design facilities in the NE?  I don't know of any.  They do have sites in SC, AZ, CA, OR, and WA to name a few.  Do you think all of the engineers they employ came from these areas?  Hell no.  They went where the job was.  Then there are companies like Raytheon, with facilities in Texas.  Or the companies in the Research Triangle in NC.
That kinda rambled a bit.  Sorry.
Rick-77
+2|6853|Los Angeles, Ca
I think all states in the Union contribute something...except North Dakota....lol, just kidding. If you want to see how the country really voted I beleive there is a map that shows a breakdown of every county in every state and who one the county {Red or Blue}. This map backs up the argument that democratic controled urban centers voted for Kerry. Kerry didnt win entire states just like Bush didnt win all Red states. The numbers show very close races,almost 50/50 in some states.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6776|Atlanta, GA USA
Another thing I thought of:  one big reason companies stay in places like NYC: prestige.
cpt.fass1
+329|6701|NJ
I know I just want to know what positive things Bush has done for the country?
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6776|Atlanta, GA USA
Some things done during the Bush Administration:
1. Created Dept. of Homeland Security - I think this was a good thing
2. Patriot Act - good intentions, but went too far
3. Invaded Afghanistan - right thing to do
4. Inveded Iraq - seemed like the right thing to do at the time; Iraq had broken a number of UN sanctions.  intel now appears to be incorrect.  It would have been nice to get UN backing, but looking back that would have been impossible given the Oil for Food program deals.  The administration did not appear to have a clear plan for after we won the initial conflict.
5. tax cuts - he took away the marriage penalty, so I'm happy
6. NCLB - I don't know if this was the right way to "fix" the education problem in our country, but he did try.
7. Prescription drug benefit for medicare - I guess this is good for seniors.
He also tried to do something about Social Security, but couldn't get the backing.
I won't go into the economy, because I don't think the President can really influence economy.

Last edited by atlvolunteer (2006-02-01 12:28:49)

mustang0341
+0|6691|Nebraska

cpt.fass1 wrote:

mustang0341 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Why did you being in the military weigh your vote towards Bush?
I had just been discharged from the Marine Corps with the possibility of being called back up to active duty ........so I chose the one candidate who had a solid plan still outlined for Iraq , while Kerry tiptoed around the subject of what his plans are or were at the time. Not to mention that Bush is a republican and by nature republicans tend to be pro military not that democrats are not it is just that when it comes to spending and what not the republican party is gung ho for us military boys/girls. I will say that I did like Kerry's education reform very much , but as I stated earlier the military was a HUGE part of my life right then and I wanted someone who who stick to their guns for lack of a better term.......that is my two cents on it.....
Also with the probabilty of me being called back my mother also voted for Bush , well because I am the apple of her eye and Kerry well who the hell knew what he wanted to do with Iraq...( sorry that was so redundant).....other poeple may not agree with that but that is why they say never to argue about religion and politics I guess.........
But in all honesty was Bush's plan for Iraq a solid one?  I know the war was something that was needed I'm not sure of the timeing though we have so many other direct threats out there. Our econimy is servierly damaged right now and the money that was spent on the war could have gone to better use at home.

Also alot of the equipment that went to war didn't have the armor(humvee's mostly) to protect you guys properly. We also still haven't found Bin Laden, who should have been target number 1.  Getting Sadam out of office was a victory for the Iraqi people but not really one for the american people, because he didn't pose a great threat to us, like North Korea and Iran.  The Iraq's where loving us for a while but I belive their feelings towards us are running thin, from what I've been reading is there not too happy about the Quadia either. Now I know my news is pointing towards the left and in the military your's in pointing to the right, but things don't always work out the way you want them to and Bush doesn't seem to have an other plan of attack for Iraq other then policeing them for 2 more years intill we get a new president(then it's not his problem anymore).

Then you have the other problem of things really not going the way you plan them in Palistine, they had a democrated election and the terrorist group had a major victory.
It was solid at the time , and as for timing better then for him than later......I'm just a pawn in that respect. However I do agree with you about our economy. Since I have been out college has been my goal and it seems every year education gets cut..........now alot of that money could help to keep college tuiton down not for me now but for our future generations. You also hit the nail on the head my friend about the equip. I had one Sappi plate or ( bullet proof vest ) and had to decide where to wear it front or back, sad isn't it. Well for me I chose front cause I had a radio on my back as I was a Forward Observer while over there. The thing that is sadder than that.........we had all the best gear we could get our hands when we went to Afgahnistan later in 2003. We saw combat in Iraq.....gunfights and what not, in Afghanistan we saw a couple of rockets attacks. Alot of good all that stuff did us over there.  Aslo despite your view taking you left and mine right I agrree that we have over stayed our welcome in Iraq. However we can't just pull out entirely and leave them high and dry. We do not however need as many troops there as we currently have............point blank we need to start pulling out. This is not war over there now, not like we/ I saw. Now it seems to be hurry up and wait for a carbomb or other terrorist attck on our plethera of troops there. I also admit that it appears as though Bush had no plan on the back end for Iraq, now look where that leaves us. And as you said where that will leave the next president. Sad to say I think Bush will just pawn it off on him. But my beliefs are that which they are I like him(Bush) and thousands of americans who voted for him will have to do is accept that we leave this situation with Iraq hanging in the balnce with no virtual end in sight. The American way it seems is or has to be more than just taking responsibility for how you voted. A lesson that I learn every day as I get older and expierience more of the world outside of the military. Which outside of the military the world is not just a guaranteed paycheck but one in which the decisions of those above me affect me in many ways. Sorry to rant but polotics is something that I am still young at but want to be knowledgeabe on.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6680|Canberra, AUS

atlvolunteer wrote:

Some things done during the Bush Administration:
1. Created Dept. of Homeland Security - I think this was a good thing
2. Patriot Act - good intentions, but went too far
3. Invaded Afghanistan - right thing to do
4. Inveded Iraq - seemed like the right thing to do at the time; Iraq had broken a number of UN sanctions.  intel now appears to be incorrect.  It would have been nice to get UN backing, but looking back that would have been impossible given the Oil for Food program deals.  The administration did not appear to have a clear plan for after we won the initial conflict.
5. tax cuts - he took away the marriage penalty, so I'm happy
6. NCLB - I don't know if this was the right way to "fix" the education problem in our country, but he did try.
7. Prescription drug benefit for medicare - I guess this is good for seniors.
He also tried to do something about Social Security, but couldn't get the backing.
I won't go into the economy, because I don't think the President can really influence economy.
1. Gut feeling is that it wasn't, but I ain't got no hard proof, so i'll keep silent on this one,

2. Patriot Act. The worst piece of shit EVER to be put into law books. Why?
a. Try reading it. Go on! Here: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c … .3162.ENR:

Here's a sampler:

(2) DEFINITION- Section 2510 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by--

(A) in paragraph (17), by striking `and' after the semicolon;

(B) in paragraph (18), by striking the period and inserting `; and'; and

(C) by inserting at the end the following:

`(19) `foreign intelligence information' means--

`(A) information, whether or not concerning a United States person, that relates to the ability of the United States to protect against--

`(i) actual or potential attack or other grave hostile acts of a foreign power or an agent of a foreign power;

`(ii) sabotage or international terrorism by a foreign power or an agent of a foreign power; or

`(iii) clandestine intelligence activities by an intelligence service or network of a foreign power or by an agent of a foreign power; or

`(B) information, whether or not concerning a United States person, with respect to a foreign power or foreign territory that relates to--

`(i) the national defense or the security of the United States; or

`(ii) the conduct of the foreign affairs of the United States.'.

Nah. I don't think so.

b. It is the biggest tresspass of people's rights since...

3. Agree

4. Grudgingly agreed. But it would be kinda nice if he hadn't made up all this shit about WMD's.

5. A bit top-heavy, though. 50% goes to the richest few (2-5%, don't remember)

6. huh?

7. Yes. The PBS sytem here has done sheer miracles for the health system.

However, he did lower regulations across the park from pharmaceuticals to car manufacturers, and overturned CO2 regulations that had been enforced a few moths earlier. And a lot more to be getting on with, but I can't find the source.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6776|Atlanta, GA USA
4. I don't think he made up the intel about WMD.  There are a number of interviews with Hillary Clinton in which she said that they (Bill and Hillary) saw the same intel when he was president.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/21/iraq.hillary/
"The consensus was the same, from the Clinton administration to the Bush administration," she said. "It was the same intelligence belief that our allies and friends around the world shared.
However, I have come to believe that some of those Bush trusts (namely Cheney and Rumsfeld) controlled to some extent what Bush saw to influence his decision to go to war, based on an article about Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, who worked for Powell.  I can't find the article now.
6. NCLB = No Child Left Behind, BUsh's education reform.

Edited to add comments about Iraq and WMD.

Last edited by atlvolunteer (2006-02-02 09:09:30)

=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6739|In a van down by the river
Here's an idea for you.  Politicians suck.  They are all dirty bastards who care about nothing but their own welfare.  They are greedy good for nothing idiots.  It wouldn't matter if Al Gore or John Kerry had gotten in.  Do you know why?  Because it doesn't matter which politician is in office.  They all would fuck up and that's the God's honest truth.  You can go ahead and say, "But he wants to do this and it will be better than it was before."  Yeah, better until the problem is replaced with another one caused by the same idiot who supposedly was going to fix everything.  I've lost all faith in political leaders because they don't have a damn idea what they are doing.
That's just my personal opinion on the matter.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6699|San Francisco
One of the main reasons why I hate the Bush administration:
The PNAC report

It's long, but very very worth the read.
nayo450
+-1|6798

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

You guys have heard of a litle something called impeachment right?
you mean, Article 2 Section 4
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States,
shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason,
Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
Chillay-14
+21|6684
penis
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6691|Hell's prison
Bush is in there, he signs my paychecks, nuff said!   And I dont mean to be a butthole but that Mayor from New Orleans saying that God put the smackdown on them to empower the black man or whatever he said, I dont blame Bush at all for not helping his racist monkey ass!  Another thing, Bush may have tough policies, but you know what, it took time but its beginning to work.  No the Economy still isnt exactly thriving, but hey, progress is progress...The man is doing what he feels is necessary, the reason people boo and bitch, is because they do not see the politics behind his decisions.  And he signs my paychecks, what can i say, I like the guy!
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6791|Perth, Western Australia
The funny thing is that most Americans think that the media is left wing baised against them, but the way that it appears to the resy of tyhe world is that the Murdoch controlled media is all Pro Bush
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6842

SharkyMcshark wrote:

The funny thing is that most Americans think that the media is left wing baised against them, but the way that it appears to the resy of tyhe world is that the Murdoch controlled media is all Pro Bush
Thats probebly what you see in your news casts in your countrys, what Americans are telling you is what happens here.

Greenie Beanzie = cockRat
spacepelle
Kniven Gaffeln Skeden
+37|6671|Sweden

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

Yea, Kerry shot himself in the foot during a firefight in Vietnam so he would get to go home and hid while his squad mates were getting shot. I don't think I would want a person like that as my president.
HAHA, and where was Bush during the vietnam war?? moron....
[Valhalla]iMac_Attack
+2|6766|Houston, Texas

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

|^|DHG|^| Sgt.Skinnister wrote:

Im wondering  what people's thoughts are on him because I have seen so many movie clips on all the stupid things he does and wonder to myself WHY is he still in office and why the Americans, if they do, vote for him
Because they are American like him and so they are also dumb? But the main reason he keeps winning is because he keeps handing out free mcdonalds meals.
If we are so dumb then how come we are the only superpower in the world.  Once again, if it wasn't for the US you would be either speaking German, or a lampshade.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6780|Moscow, Russia

[Valhalla]iMac_Attack wrote:

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

|^|DHG|^| Sgt.Skinnister wrote:

Im wondering  what people's thoughts are on him because I have seen so many movie clips on all the stupid things he does and wonder to myself WHY is he still in office and why the Americans, if they do, vote for him
Because they are American like him and so they are also dumb? But the main reason he keeps winning is because he keeps handing out free mcdonalds meals.
If we are so dumb then how come we are the only superpower in the world.  Once again, if it wasn't for the US you would be either speaking German, or a lampshade.
oh, well, of course you're not so dumb. counting bucks on such a large scale demands very good skills in the trade and a good deal of intelligence. as you mentioned it here, sure america should get full credit for it's part in winning ww2 - read "lending money and resourses to those, who actually fought the war" and that's about it. your "free and brave" arrived right when it came to sharing war trophies. my country (yes, i'm russian) still has some ww2 debts due to united states. hell, that was VERY smart, but "if it wasn't for the US you would be either speaking German, or a lampshade"? give me a brake already. my grandpa was probably happy to kick some nazi in the face with american boot, but *I* still have to pay you for that boot. well... ehm... thanks i guess.

so you really think you are "superpower"? no offence, but i'm affraid you listen to much to your bloody media, dude. i mean yeah, sure, you consume around 75% of goods produced by the rest of the world through your supermarkets and car engines - that makes america "superpowerfull stomach of the earth" so to say. but juice men are not very good at diplomatic arts it seems. they can manipulate their customers to vote an idiot like bush for president, but when it comes to dealing with terrorist threats and other security stuff they utterly fail.

so, back to topic: by no means americans are dumb (i've personal working experience with 'em - worked for an american company for 4 years, my boss and several colleagues where from US). the only explanation i can see why such a cretin as mr. bush can possibly become president of united states - americans seem to be MANIPULATED by their media and money-lenders.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
a_n00bt00b
+0|6661
Well, with all of the people out of country voting on here, I can assure you, this vote is tainted by non-US citizens.
4lter_3go
+1|6751|Leighton Barracks, Germany
this is how bush got elected j/k

http://www.susannealbers.de/09animation … 8wahl.html

idk about whether i dislike or like the man.... im undecided

edit: oh im also american just for the record

Last edited by 4lter_3go (2006-02-05 19:51:47)

dink[emu]
+0|6663
fuck bush

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard