Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6655
so here's a kinda weird question for you guys!

a friend of mine has been away for a year and now he returned to Germany. he had his notebook with him and installed battlefield on it. now he's back in Germany and wants to reinstall it on his 'normal' computer. however he only kept the CD in his notebook drive and sent the rest of his battlefield-stuff (box, manual and the key) back by snail-mail - which means the stuff in somewhere in some container sailing over the ocean right now. The question is: can he 'extract' his CD-key from the notebook to install it on his computer or does he have to wait a few more weeks until his stuff arrives?
or is there even a possibility to just 'drag' the installation from his notebook over to his computer?

again I'm not asking for a NEW key for him, just for a way to retrieve his key from his notebook.
gunnaboy
+26|6726
You can get your cd key from your profile page on ea link!
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6564|Kent, UK
I know you can't copy the install over, because you'll have registry issues and afaik you can't find out the cd key cuz it's encrypted
gunnaboy
+26|6726
It's encrypted in windows but i retreived mine from Ea link personal profile page.
You have to register but at the bottom it has all your cd keys listed for your games
Eboreus
+46|6655
aye thanks a bunch guys! i'll pass the information on and hope it works
Eboreus
+46|6655
hmm I tried it for my account but it only shows the spec forces key not the normal bf2 key... wouldnt it be supposed to show both?
tupla_s
+455|6600|Finland

Eboreus wrote:

hmm I tried it for my account but it only shows the spec forces key not the normal bf2 key... wouldnt it be supposed to show both?
It'll show only the cd-keys for the games you registered after install, so you probably didn't register vanilla.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard