Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6496|Gogledd Cymru

Whats crysis is it like sim city in the jungle ?
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6397

Sarrk wrote:

I hate jungle games, something about them pisses me off and crysis is no exception, I dont care what its going to be, nothing is going to change the fact that its a jungle game.
Combine that with my statement:

some_random_panda wrote:

Crysis = EXTREME LOGGER.

Let's face it, the machine gun (not the chain gun, just the assault rifle) is a logger's dream.  One or two shots into a tree trunk, and even the hardiest palm tree will come crashing down, at a safe distance.  Note also that when trees cut buy the Extreme Assault Rifle Logger (TM)(R) fall, they tend to fall cut part first, top of tree hitting ground a little after.

Please, that is the WORST example of physics I have ever seen.  Also, the ragdolls are ridiculous - bodies don't go flying 4 metres when hit by bullets.  Shells and rockets yes, but not bullets.  Even a .50 cal would simply rip the body apart, not fling it into the air.
And you have a crazy physics engine playing havoc with ragdolls and trees, IN A JUNGLE FILLED WITH ENEMIES.  I can only imagine the havoc this will play with my perception of reality after half an hour of playing Crysis.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6704

Fuck Crysis.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Sarrk wrote:

A few reasons why I will be not be buying crysis.

1. Its a fucking jungle game.
For some reason, Ive never liked games set in jungles/vietnam, BF:V, Far cry, that MoH that was set in vietnam and crysis will be no exception. Jungles fucking piss me off.

2. DX10
I have never been pursuaded to buy a new computer for a game, and Ill be damned if its a fucking jungle game, (see above) Not to mention even if I had a DX10 computer I would need Vista or linux, and I'm not buying a new OS or learning one for a fucking jungle game (see above)

3. Graphics are meh.
I love a bit of eye candy every now and then, but theres nothing sweeter than the sight of money, I can do without cutting edge graphics.

4. I seriously need to stop playing games.
Its a problem and by going out and buying a new system and a game, Ill be locked into the WoW mindset, which is you have to play to get your money's worth.

5. ITS A FUCKING JUNGLE GAME
I cannot stress how much jungle games piss me off, if I came into a position of great power, I would have vietnam sunk into the ocean and destroy any game set in a jungle as well as anyone who makes a jungle game.

My rage for jungles is so great that I would coat the amazon in napalm.
1. That's your opinion, so whatever.
2. It works with DX9. You just get less eye-candy.
3. See eye-candy.
4. Your choice.
5. Nazi. If I'm guessing right, you were stuck in Act 3 of Diablo II, wandering around the Great Marsh in unproductive, unrewarding loops. But in this jungle game, you can just rip all the trees out.

some_random_panda wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Crysis = EXTREME LOGGER.

Let's face it, the machine gun (not the chain gun, just the assault rifle) is a logger's dream.  One or two shots into a tree trunk, and even the hardiest palm tree will come crashing down, at a safe distance.  Note also that when trees cut buy the Extreme Assault Rifle Logger (TM)(R) fall, they tend to fall cut part first, top of tree hitting ground a little after.

Please, that is the WORST example of physics I have ever seen.  Also, the ragdolls are ridiculous - bodies don't go flying 4 metres when hit by bullets.  Shells and rockets yes, but not bullets.  Even a .50 cal would simply rip the body apart, not fling it into the air.
And you have a crazy physics engine playing havoc with ragdolls and trees, IN A JUNGLE FILLED WITH ENEMIES.  I can only imagine the havoc this will play with my perception of reality after half an hour of playing Crysis.
As you well know, physics are still being worked on for game technology. Quit complaining...at least we have some, even if they aren't completely accurate.

To this date, though, Space Simulator was the coolest as far as physics were concerned.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-08-09 02:06:12)

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6397

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

5. Nazi. If I'm guessing right, you were stuck in Act 3 of Diablo II, wandering around the Great Marsh in unproductive, unrewarding loops. But in this jungle game, you can just rip all the trees out.
That's just the problem.  I've never seen anyone uproot a tree with one or two bullets.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6662|Brisbane, Australia

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

A few reasons why I will be not be buying crysis.

1. Its a fucking jungle game.
For some reason, Ive never liked games set in jungles/vietnam, BF:V, Far cry, that MoH that was set in vietnam and crysis will be no exception. Jungles fucking piss me off.

2. DX10
I have never been pursuaded to buy a new computer for a game, and Ill be damned if its a fucking jungle game, (see above) Not to mention even if I had a DX10 computer I would need Vista or linux, and I'm not buying a new OS or learning one for a fucking jungle game (see above)

3. Graphics are meh.
I love a bit of eye candy every now and then, but theres nothing sweeter than the sight of money, I can do without cutting edge graphics.

4. I seriously need to stop playing games.
Its a problem and by going out and buying a new system and a game, Ill be locked into the WoW mindset, which is you have to play to get your money's worth.

5. ITS A FUCKING JUNGLE GAME
I cannot stress how much jungle games piss me off, if I came into a position of great power, I would have vietnam sunk into the ocean and destroy any game set in a jungle as well as anyone who makes a jungle game.

My rage for jungles is so great that I would coat the amazon in napalm.
1. That's your opinion, so whatever.
2. It works with DX9. You just get less eye-candy.
3. See eye-candy.
4. Your choice.
1. Fuck jungles
2. See 1
3. See 1
4. See 1
5. See 1

If what panda says is somewhat true, I might play crysis on the condition I cheat/hack unlimited ammo and cut down every single fucking tree in my way.

Also, I failed to mention that even with DX9, my computer isnt going to meet the minimum specs.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6446|Brisbane, Australia

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

You've got to be kidding...
Have you seen the videos? Like shooting at the tires of cars, the fuel tanks on the back of jeeps, stakes supporting logs etc - its fucking awesome. In theory. Like I said, I will reserve final judgment until release.
You've got me at the tire shooting, but

[*]I can blow up gas cans in Sniper Elite. Only they're on TANKS.

[*]Both Oblivion and Dark Messiah have log traps. Hell, even Battlefield: Vietnam had them.

[*]I saw a screenshot of a dumpster being thrown at an enemy. You can do practically the same thing in Dark Messiah, too.

TBH, apart form graphics, its not overly special. I'd rather buy Far Cry 2 when it come out.
[*] Oblivions log traps are shit, they always seemed so useless (not to mention there is like 5 in the whole game, which are in shitty little caves) and also I have played oblivion to death
[*] Haven't played or seen Sniper Elite ever, sounds fun though
[*] Do buildings fall down etc in Dark Messiah?
[*] http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 5#p1473565
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

some_random_panda wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

That's just the problem.  I've never seen anyone uproot a tree with one or two bullets.
Which is still better than immobile, adamantium wood. Perhaps if everybody had went out and bought an Ageia PhysX card early on, Crysis' physics system would've been developed in a slightly more sophisticated manner. But as there was no real demand for it at the time, we have to make do with what is made for us.

Crysis is still a step forward in the world of gaming physics. Don't expect Star Trekkian sims yet.

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

[*] Oblivions log traps are shit, they always seemed so useless (not to mention there is like 5 in the whole game, which are in shitty little caves) and also I have played oblivion to death
BFV's log traps were also iffy.

Sarrk wrote:

Also, I failed to mention that even with DX9, my computer isnt going to meet the minimum specs.
That's probably why you're so irritated.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-08-09 02:13:43)

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6397

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Which is still better than immobile, adamantium wood. Perhaps if everybody had went out and bought an Ageia PhysX card early on, Crysis' physics system would've been developed in a slightly more sophisticated manner. But as there was no real demand for it at the time, we have to make do with what is made for us.

Crysis is still a step forward in the world of gaming physics. Don't expect Star Trekkian sims yet.
I know they're trying to develop phsyics.  But THIS pisses me off.

A tank shell hits a tank that is almost next to a scrawny tree.  Effect?  None.  And yet your gun chops them in half like a crazy woodpecker on cocaine.

Neither do the helicopter anti-tank bullets shred the trees to bits.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-08-09 02:27:03)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6496|Gogledd Cymru

Mr.Surgeons wrote:

Whats crysis is it like sim city in the jungle ?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6526|Adelaide, South Australia

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Have you seen the videos? Like shooting at the tires of cars, the fuel tanks on the back of jeeps, stakes supporting logs etc - its fucking awesome. In theory. Like I said, I will reserve final judgment until release.

[*]Both Oblivion and Dark Messiah have log traps. Hell, even Battlefield: Vietnam had them.

[*]I saw a screenshot of a dumpster being thrown at an enemy. You can do practically the same thing in Dark Messiah, too.

TBH, apart form graphics, its not overly special. I'd rather buy Far Cry 2 when it come out.
What about the DM and BF:V log traps?

Get the demo from somewhere.

One building falls down a cliff, otherwise theres plenty of planks, barrels, crates etc to kick and shatter.

If I'm not blowing it up with one of the following:
[*]Rocket Launcher
[*]Grenades
[*]Raging fireballs
[*]My fists

Then you get no 'awesome' rating from me.

BTW, can you torch people in Crysis?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

some_random_panda wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

I know they're trying to develop phsyics.  But THIS pisses me off.

Watch at 2:20.  A tank shell hits a tank that is almost next to a scrawny tree.  Effect?  None.  And yet your gun chops them in half like a crazy woodpecker on cocaine.
I don't see a 2:20 anywhere in any of the videos on that link, but I think I remember said footage. Didn't catch the edit when I quoted. Sure, should've went through, but didn't. Easily patchable in a game that already allows for such destruction.

But again, I cannot stress how much Crysis isn't anywhere perfect representation of real physics, moreso when it's being demonstrated in development phase. I see you were pissed off about the guy not being blasted by the shockwave. My guess is that player clipping for AOE physics effects was turned off to demo damage vs structures, which is still more than BF2's paltry breakable fences. So to reiterate, this game is still an improvement on predecessors.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-08-09 02:24:36)

Volatile
+252|6711|Sextupling in Empire

Sarrk wrote:

[I hate this game 'cause] my computer isnt going to meet the minimum specs.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6662|Brisbane, Australia

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

Perhaps the part about my want to destroy jungles/jungle games wasnt strong enough.
vedds
+52|6761|Christchurch New Zealand
/care
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Sarrk wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

Perhaps the part about my want to destroy jungles/jungle games wasnt strong enough.
Perhaps it's just because you can't render them.
TimmmmaaaaH

vedds wrote:

/care
Very insightful AND mature. Congratulations!

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

One building falls down a cliff, otherwise theres plenty of planks, barrels, crates etc to kick and shatter.

[*]Rocket Launcher
[*]Grenades
[*]Raging fireballs
[*]My fists

[*] I have no experience with BF:V and DM's log traps, but then again, you have no experience of Crysis's

[*]Kicking and shattering things was avaible in HL1........kicking and shattering that looks cool and is on a huge scale (eg. shacks, rooves etc) is another thing altogether.

[*] I'm sure you can destroy things with grenades, fireballs (from explosions) and there is 99% chance of being a rocket launcher. For fists, watch any one of 10,000 gameplay vids

[*] Torch? What game are you basing that on, cause if it is Oblvion, lol (though I'm sure it's not)
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

vedds wrote:

/care

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

[*]Rocket Launcher
[*]Grenades
[*]Raging fireballs
[*]My fists

[*] I have no experience with BF:V and DM's log traps, but then again, you have no experience of Crysis's

[*]Kicking and shattering things was avaible in HL1........kicking and shattering that looks cool and is on a huge scale (eg. shacks, rooves etc) is another thing altogether.

[*] I'm sure you can destroy things with grenades, fireballs (from explosions) and there is 99% chance of being a rocket launcher. For fists, watch any one of 10,000 gameplay vids

[*] Torch? What game are you basing that on, cause if it is Oblvion, lol (though I'm sure it's not)
What I'm trying to say here is: Most of the stuff that Crysis can do has been done before - It's just that the designers finally developed some brains and thought - "How cool would it be to be able to do all those things in one game!". Apart from DX10 graphics, there's next to nothing I haven't seen before.

Torch - to set alight. To immolate something. SET IT ON FIRE. And, no, I'm not talking about Oblivion.
TimmmmaaaaH

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

vedds wrote:

/care

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

[*]Rocket Launcher
[*]Grenades
[*]Raging fireballs
[*]My fists

What I'm trying to say here is: Most of the stuff that Crysis can do has been done before - It's just that the designers finally developed some brains and thought - "How cool would it be to be able to do all those things in one game!". Apart from DX10 graphics, there's next to nothing I haven't seen before.

Torch - to set alight. To immolate something. SET IT ON FIRE. And, no, I'm not talking about Oblivion.
Yes thats true, but we are discussing how Crysis is crap, not whether it is the most original game in the universe.

And I know what torch means, I am not stupid! What I meant was, what game/s in particular?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

What I'm trying to say here is: Most of the stuff that Crysis can do has been done before - It's just that the designers finally developed some brains and thought - "How cool would it be to be able to do all those things in one game!". Apart from DX10 graphics, there's next to nothing I haven't seen before. [un13]in one form or the other[/un13]

There's been a lot of that going around with newer titles. The only thing that makes it suck is when a guy comes along and tells an interviewer that "throwing a grenade back at an enemy hasn't been done before in a game"... (Bioshock interview).
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

What I'm trying to say here is: Most of the stuff that Crysis can do has been done before - It's just that the designers finally developed some brains and thought - "How cool would it be to be able to do all those things in one game!". Apart from DX10 graphics, there's next to nothing I haven't seen before. [un13]in one form or the other[/un13]

There's been a lot of that going around with newer titles. The only thing that makes it suck is when a guy comes along and tells an interviewer that "throwing a grenade back at an enemy hasn't been done before in a game"... (Bioshock interview).

Thats a lie and they know it.

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

And I know what torch means, I am not stupid! What I meant was, what game/s in particular?
Dark Messiah, and King Kong if you're not opposed to it.

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2007-08-09 03:09:04)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6786|Great Brown North
i wonder if you could deforest an area? i think im going to try when i get it

im sure there will be cheats or a trainer like there was in farcry, so getting unlimited ammo shouldnt be a problem... it will be more just taking the time to do it

Last edited by krazed (2007-08-09 03:18:17)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Thats a lie and they know it.
It is...or that guy hasn't ever played a video game in his life. I'm still leaving my pre-order up, but not due to any virtue of that interview. I like the art direction.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-08-09 03:18:31)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6723
Sarrk, wtf have you started.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Sarrk, wtf have you started.
the "Fuck Crysis" movement?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard