SNAP
+2|6735|LONDON
Need abit of help. Never had any issues with BF before but.....
Today 4 no reason BF2 will not work in multiplayer, singleplayers fine. As soon as i join a server after about 5 seconds it hangs and drops me back to the 'choose a server screen' saying connection to server lost?
Now b4 u say it i have updated PB manually, all my drivers are upto date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled still to no avail. PLEASE any suggestions...

just went on a non PB server and it runs ok? do the severs have to update pb as well?
so its a PB issue, but I have updated PB and it still wont let me join a PB server?????

Last edited by SNAP (2006-02-01 17:53:03)

IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6759
try using pbsetup.exe to do the updates instead of a manual one.
http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
SNAP
+2|6735|LONDON
Yeah, I tried that. Still dont work. Thanks for your reply ibkcknurass!
Looks like im gonna have to shout at PB guys or play on non PB servers(cant wait to play with a load of cheatin gits!!!)
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6703|S.E. United States
I experienced a connection issue not quite the same as yours but still an issue that burns my ass.
your in a round and all of a sudden the "problems with your connection" comes up and your froze in time sitting there for the easy kill.sometimes itll go back to normal when other times itll kick you and the little window comes up saying " your connection to the server was lost".happened last night while I was commander,winning the round,squads all responding to commands,going great when the damn  "problems with your connection" comes up,get kicked with " your connection to the server was lost" window popping up.I look down and modems(premium cable)all lit up,working fine.dont understand that at all...
dont know what your IP is but you may want to contact them and explain your issue.
ReVmAn
+0|6694|Where politics is not needed
Had (maybe still have) the same problem. I reinstalled BF2, just for sure patched it with 1.02, 1.03 and 1.12. Still the same _(#)(#&KN@)Y...... Then I altered the network stuff to T1, and I played a few games today wothout any problem. So maybe it helps to change from Cable to T1 or the other way around. Seems to help my connection problems!!
JonskyGBR
+5|6695|England

KillerYaNk wrote:

I experienced a connection issue not quite the same as yours but still an issue that burns my ass.
your in a round and all of a sudden the "problems with your connection" comes up and your froze in time sitting there for the easy kill.sometimes itll go back to normal when other times itll kick you and the little window comes up saying " your connection to the server was lost".
Normally I find when I get the "your connection to the server was lost" box after being kicked, it was down to the server resetting or crashing.

If you can remember what server you were on, do a quick refresh and check the ping, it's usually 2500 or something, or join the server again and if the map has changed and there's like 5 people in it, then it defenantly reset.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard