BrimstoneFire
+5|6459|Brisbane
ok ive never seen this message before.. just wondering if someone could enlighten me

you have been kicked for 2 mins via punkbuster
reason: ignoring query #9006

wtf?
Adamshannon8
+94|6185
repatch pb
cablecopulate
+449|6738|Massachusetts.
Using vista?
BrimstoneFire
+5|6459|Brisbane

cablecopulate wrote:

Using vista?
yeah? does that makea  difference?
BrimstoneFire
+5|6459|Brisbane

Adamshannon8 wrote:

repatch pb
yeah did that already.. latest pb installed updated
Samtheman53.0000012
Banned
+15|6120
u should never of ignored query #9006
BrimstoneFire
+5|6459|Brisbane

Samtheman53.0000012 wrote:

u should never of ignored query #9006
haha funny that.. cause it wasnt intentional
cablecopulate
+449|6738|Massachusetts.

BrimstoneFire wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

Using vista?
It does. I can't think of the fix off the top of my head, but just search the forums for "vista punkbuster" or whatever and that should do it. I think you have to set the account as admin maybe.
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6185
i have had that happen to me sometimes and i use vista... and it just seems to happen randomly
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6353|uk

cablecopulate wrote:

BrimstoneFire wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

Using vista?
It does. I can't think of the fix off the top of my head, but just search the forums for "vista punkbuster" or whatever and that should do it. I think you have to set the account as admin maybe.
No, thats if you get kicked for "Inadequate OS Priviledges"

You need to.....

Repatch.
Delete BF2 Folder in My Documents
Update PB
Reinstall.

I get it all the time
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6391|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
sif you would ignor 9006 but not 9005
=[AUT]-[phoenix]=
+7|6157
Just RUN bf2 as an Admin that will solve most  PB problems on vitsa...
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

Conclusion? Vista sucks.

Get Ubuntu (Linux) You can run BF2 on it.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6557|Kent, UK

BrimstoneFire wrote:

ok ive never seen this message before.. just wondering if someone could enlighten me

wtf?
I'm not flaming or telling you to STFU, but have you tried creating a support ticket with PB on their website? Probably the best thing to do because that is their JOBS!
Jello.01
+46|6609|DFW, Texas

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Conclusion? Vista sucks.

Huh? How?
Stizz
+8|6250|New Jersey

Buckles wrote:

BrimstoneFire wrote:

wtf?
I'm not flaming or telling you to STFU, but have you tried creating a support ticket with PB on their website? Probably the best thing to do because that is their JOBS!
My guess would be because it is much faster to find an answer here where you have people who have probably had the problem before and know how to deal with it.

Obviously you arent one of them.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6828|Australia
"08/06/2007 21:24:07 - "Timothy Riley"    
    Note #2: A 9006 kick means that the PB client is crashing repeatedly. The most common reason for this is "RamDiskXP" or another similar ram disk product, also "True Crypt" is known to cause this. If you have one of these enabled/installed, please try disabling/uninstalling it. Also make sure you have the latest Service Pack installed and are running with the latest Windows Updates.

If you don't have them installed/enabled, please try reinstalling PunkBuster using PBSetup. If this doesn't solve the problem you will need to investigate further into your system. You may need to perform a virus scan or uninstall recently installed programs. Until the PunkBuster client can startup and run without being crashed, you will be unable to play on PB enabled servers.

If you find what you think is the root cause for the problem, please let us know."

had the same issue with 2142. reinstall with no manual PB update worked fine.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6557|Kent, UK

Stizz wrote:

Buckles wrote:

BrimstoneFire wrote:

wtf?
My guess would be because it is much faster to find an answer here where you have people who have probably had the problem before and know how to deal with it.

Obviously not, but the chances of getting a straight and informative answer here quickly are less than low.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6222|Finland

Stizz wrote:

Buckles wrote:

BrimstoneFire wrote:

wtf?

Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6557|Kent, UK

[Fin]Dami3n wrote:

Stizz wrote:

Buckles wrote:

Buckles wrote:

Obviously not, but the chances of getting a straight and informative answer here quickly are less than low.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land
go to google, type in punkbuster - ignoring query #9006
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6149|San Antonio, Texas

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Conclusion? Vista sucks.

Amen! Can't even run half of the programs XP had. Backwards compatible my foot.

And lots of people on other forums had to right-click the BF2 shortcut and scroll down to 'Run as Administrator'. You have to be on an administrator account to do that, of course.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2007-08-08 06:22:24)

kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6828|Australia

Blehm98 wrote:

go to google, type in punkbuster - ignoring query #9006
Or try...

kontrolcrimson wrote:

"08/06/2007 21:24:07 - "Timothy Riley"    
    Note #2: A 9006 kick means that the PB client is crashing repeatedly. The most common reason for this is "RamDiskXP" or another similar ram disk product, also "True Crypt" is known to cause this. If you have one of these enabled/installed, please try disabling/uninstalling it. Also make sure you have the latest Service Pack installed and are running with the latest Windows Updates.

If you don't have them installed/enabled, please try reinstalling PunkBuster using PBSetup. If this doesn't solve the problem you will need to investigate further into your system. You may need to perform a virus scan or uninstall recently installed programs. Until the PunkBuster client can startup and run without being crashed, you will be unable to play on PB enabled servers.

If you find what you think is the root cause for the problem, please let us know."

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard