brandon001
+0|6807|MI
I was playing last night on a server that had a no cussing rule or whatever. I'm in an apc tank and see an enemy tank coming my way. We fire at each other for a little while and he ends up killing me. For some reason he got punished for teamkill and starts calling me all types of names. I type in "wtf" not actually spelling out the words or anything. End up getting banned from the server by the admin losing all my points for that round. similar stories?
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6841|Missoula, MT
Never happened to me...just don't type stuff like that.  Ever.  In my opinion, you can make your point all the more meaningful by not swearing in-game.    Works in-life too!
pish180
+0|6794
yeah, i have had that happen before.  Most of the time it is Admins on a power trip.   Ahh well what are you going to do??
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6813
Ouch
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6841|Cologne, Germany

well, it's their server, so nothing much you can do. a friend of mine once was kicked from a clanserver for one ( 1 ) TK, while the clanmembers where killing their teammates in large numbers....

being an admin is quite a responsibility, and not everyone is up to the challenge, I suppose...
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6823|St. Louis, MO
I was kicked once for saying" teams suck".I can understand a language filter but come on,the word SUCK?
If your language filter is that extreme at least give them a warning.
ProDicTeD
+2|6808
yeah i know.. but tbh i don't see any prob in wtf? because people who are young enough don't even know what is means.. is better than saying "what the fuck".

But the worst things i say is shit . "like the teams is shit" or "well you're a shitty pilot" don't see the harm in that

Last edited by ProDicTeD (2005-09-21 22:29:39)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833
I've been banned for saying "god" and "crap"
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6813
Christian Coalition flooding BF2 servers, lol.
ProDicTeD
+2|6808

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

LoL! whats wrong with saying GOD?!?
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6792
I'm confused.  The server had a no cussing rule and you swore and you're upset that you got kick/banned?  Don't be claiming that because you abbreviated it, nobody will know what you said.  I wonder whether there's anyone who read "wtf" and doesn't say the words in their head?

I normally play BHD on a server that has a no swearing rule and that suits me fine.  Some people let their kids play these games (despite the ESLA ratings) and if they've paid for the server, they can impose their own rules to make the place child-friendly (except for the general killing and stuff).
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6841|Missoula, MT

ProDicTeD wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

In case you're not familiar, it's one of the ten commandments.

#5 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

One I happen to agree with and have no trouble following either.  No cussing is fine with me too.  If not for the kiddies, at least do it for yourselves.  It's only a game afterall right?
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6813
I see nothing wrong with fuck and shit and all that. If i was a parent of young kids i'd be more concerned about them killing people in a war game...
brandon001
+0|6807|MI
I was mad because there was not even a warning. I did not type out any swear word. anybody who is over the age of 10 knows what WTF means. The other guy who was calling me idiot and butthead got nothing and got to stay in the game. I lost over 40 points for that round all because he killed me. It just did not make sense to me how he could say stuff like that and I get banned.
ProDicTeD
+2|6808

brandon001 wrote:

I was mad because there was not even a warning. I did not type out any swear word. anybody who is over the age of 10 knows what WTF means. The other guy who was calling me idiot and butthead got nothing and got to stay in the game. I lost over 40 points for that round all because he killed me. It just did not make sense to me how he could say stuff like that and I get banned.
kiddies aren't even allowed to play this game but what i find more disturbing is letting these kids play wargames  in the first place although there isn't any blood.
SGTJones97E
+0|6835
i got banned last night for saying "crap" on a server
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833

CMDR_Dave wrote:

ProDicTeD wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

In case you're not familiar, it's one of the ten commandments.

#5 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

One I happen to agree with and have no trouble following either.  No cussing is fine with me too.  If not for the kiddies, at least do it for yourselves.  It's only a game afterall right?
Hah. Yeah.. I don't have trouble with following that either (considering I am a christian) but I do slip up from time to time. and also... I had said "oh god!" because when I get like freaked out or something unsuspected happens(like in this case, me crashing my plane into another plane) I say that... anyways.. I understand the god one.. but I also got banned for saying "crap" now THAT is going too far.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6825|Netherlands

brandon001 wrote:

better rename urself as > Branded001      :-P

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2005-09-23 00:52:36)

brandon001
+0|6807|MI
no thats ok
Ridge12345
+0|6785

brandon001 wrote:

I was playing last night on a server that had a no cussing rule or whatever. I'm in an apc tank and see an enemy tank coming my way. We fire at each other for a little while and he ends up killing me. For some reason he got punished for teamkill and starts calling me all types of names. I type in "wtf" not actually spelling out the words or anything. End up getting banned from the server by the admin losing all my points for that round. similar stories?
the admin is a n00b.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6839|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
1. What's the name of the server? Post it in my lousy servers thread.

2. What's the name of the server? I WANNA GET BANNED SOOOOOOOOO BAD!

my name is havoc for christ sake.
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6844|United Kingdom
good thing is all the british slang words always get through like bollocks etc
thinner44
+1|6809

Raxor wrote:

good thing is all the british slang words always get through like bollocks etc
Yey.... nice one, though I haven't used it. The only time I got kicked and banned was for calling the Admin an idiot... but hey, it's his server, if he wants to act like an idiot, then an idiot he can be

As an ex AOL Host, we had automatic filters on for bad language, and whatever they were disguised as, people were always caught out.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6825|Netherlands
was kicked for saying  >   crap..  https://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3859/screen0023xt.jpg

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2005-09-29 01:31:43)

plasmaFLY
+1|6786
'I wonder whether there's anyone who read "wtf" and doesn't say the words in their head?'

I can answer you: them aussies do! ' Double-You Tee Eff MATE?

dont you know that 1?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard